[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the top languages to learn that aren't worth the effort?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: china.jpg (119 KB, 500x683) Image search: [Google]
china.jpg
119 KB, 500x683
I say:

* Chinese - the Chinese are a clannish and insular people. No matter how much you study their language with its tones and insane magic runes, you will never be accepted as a descendant of the Yellow Emperor. So it pretty pointless to learn for business. And the Chinese economy is collapsing, so it is not going to take over the world, just like how Japan didn't take over the world by 2000. Speaking of which, ...

* Japanese - like Chinese, but 20 years into the future and with 200% more NEETs as well.

* Korean - just so any Koreans feel smug about it, your language on the list for the exact same reasons.

* Spanish - name one stable and prosperous Spanish-speaking society.

What, you can't think of one?

Exactly.

* Portuguese - like Spanish, but worse in every possible respect.

Have I missed anybody on the list?
>>
Also, any language not using the Latin alphabet, the alphabet of science, technology, culture and civilization itself is a meme language and should be ignored.
>>
File: 1458209706148.png (33 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1458209706148.png
33 KB, 633x758
>>58792133
>learning Gaeilge
>literally every speaker speaks English anyway, if not better
>language is backwards as fuck and generally have a limited vocabulary compared to modern languages

Iontach. Tá tuirse an domhain orm.
'Tiocfaidh ár lá' desu
>>
>>58792133
Spanish is good for banging Latinas and maybe some business down in Panama, Chile, and Argentina
>>
>not learning Chinese to bang sideways pussy
>current year
>>
>>58797415
>>58795582
>learning languages to have sex

What is this degeneracy?
>>
All non-western european countries aren't worth learning.
>>
>>58792133
>name one stable and prosperous Spanish-speaking society
American.
>>
>>58792303
>Chinese script
>Japanese script
Is it a joke? Both use Chinese hieroglyphs, Japanese use two extra alphabets, yes, they're Japanese scripts.
>>
>the only reason to learn a language is business
idiots
>>
Don't learn a language for money, but for its culture and the mental growth it can give you

Business is conducted in English most of the time anyway
>>
>>58797509

I'm sorry for your size, Hong
>>
>>58792133
>Tfw want to learn a language but I'm a socially awkward introvert

There's probably no point because I would never talk to anyone
>>
>>58792133
Spanish is actually very easy to learn, close to english, and have millions of speakers. Even when their countries are not fully developed they still have many resources and their people consume, import and export so I don't think it is comparable with Korean or Gaelic...
>>
>>58792133
Pointless stereotypes

Chinese was not a phonetic or even sound based language then and now huge regional variations in Mandarin itself

If you listen to older people speak in Sichuan it is very different from Jiangsu or Beijing, yet they all speak Mandarin, almost unintelligibly

Not to mention various proper dialects like Min Wu and Yue. Modernization made the various regional mandarin conform to an offical-media-friendly accent of beijing but this was not always the case

just 400 years ago the prestige accent of mandarin was henan, luoyang region and the prestige accent of wu was suzhou, now shanghai

economics and politics changed the chinese, not "clannish and insularity"

be racist harder
>>
>>58800225
>not a phonetic or even sound based language
I love it when people who don't know shit about languages talk about languages. Like wtf is a language that is not "sound based"? A sign language?
>>
>>58800365
evolution of language not dependent on sound as much

not that it doesn't need its not as important
>>
>>58792133
Germ. I cant imagine the use of it. Chinese could be worth a try given Chinese weebs in mainland has been increasing.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.