[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a thread for discussing your grievances with the Eternal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1462110418852.jpg (54 KB, 530x800) Image search: [Google]
1462110418852.jpg
54 KB, 530x800
This is a thread for discussing your grievances with the Eternal Anglo. How has Britain ruined your country, /int/?
>>
>>58779004
Using the full force of the UK state to ensure our electorate rejected our own independence.
>>
Fought three wars with us and ruined our chances of ever conquering Thailand.
>>
>>58779004
You're right
Australia would be vastly superior under abo rule

OUR LAHND!!!!!
>>
>>58779004
1956. Britain conspired to take over the Suez canal. To this end it enlisted France and Israel. The French and the British would support Israel from the sea while Israel would take Sinai and drive back the Egyptians on the ground, leaving the canal and the rich lands for the great powers to manage. Things went according to the plan until the US and the Soviet Union basically told the Brits to fuck off or else. They backed down and left Israel to deal with the rest of the war alone. This lead to three subsequent wars which Israel had to fight alone because loyalty is not something you can count on from the British.

Fun fact: when Israel handed Sinai back over to the Egyptians some years later as part of a peace deal the Egyptians refused to take the Gaza strip because they knew it was a shithole. The whole Gaza situation continues to this day because the Egyptians were smart enough to know that you just don't want certain kinds of people in your country.
>>
>>58780767

man the brits really fucked things up in the middle East didn't they?
>>
>>58779004
They started it.
>>
They made the frenchie hate everyone else and discouraged us from actually being bilingual.

I know French is gay, but I really wish I had a second language from birth, not just learning to yell out food en francais.
>>
>>58779004
Many put cow milk in their tea like bongs do

Horrible
>>
>>58780767
Don't blame us, we were cucked by the Americans.

If it makes you feel better Suez was the bursting of the dam that revealed we weren't really a world power at all. Our plunge in international status resulted from that little mistake.
>>
>>58783059
>Don't blame us, we were cucked by the Americans.

That's exactly why he's blaming you, grow a pair
>>
>>58783195
There was no practical way to refuse. America and Russia were superpowers, we were a regional power who overspent on shiny toys.
>>
>>58783059
To be honest I'm just bantering in the spirit of the thread. There was little else Britain could've done, aside from perhaps having the wisdom to not try this in the first place. Israel, too, was foolish for taking Sinai in an offensive war because in the minds of its Arab neighbors it validated the fear that it was after their lands too and would not be content to live in peace. This prompted many of the later wars.
>>
>>58783059
>>58783301

>'special relationship'
>>
>>58783742
to a degree i'm doing the same. i kind of wish we could've kept up the pretence that we mattered a while longer.

>>58783812
pretty much. even now i feel it's degrading. [i mean fucking hell new zealand managed to cuck the americans with their nuclear-free zone while we're still following orders! new zealand!]
>>
>>58783812
desu that woman is hot. I'd tap her. Or be her.
>>
>>58779004
damned anglos...they took all our muslim brothers.The streets are empy now.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.