[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the Japanese religious? In this anime they always pray before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: EFICyk.jpg (464 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
EFICyk.jpg
464 KB, 2560x1440
Are the Japanese religious?

In this anime they always pray before eating food, and one time they mentioned God, and they capitalized it like they were referring to the Christian god. What's going on here? Is Daikichi and his family Christian?

Most Japanese people are athiest, right?
>>
We believe America is God , Justice master race, save middle east, Asia and the world
>>
That's impossible, because as we all know Asians have no souls.
>>
File: bd43316.png (134 KB, 324x207) Image search: [Google]
bd43316.png
134 KB, 324x207
Probably some things in Japan look religious fore foreigners.
But Japanese don't think the things are religious.
To say in other words, the things became a part of life for Japanese.
>>
File: Bombed Maria.jpg (17 KB, 250x198) Image search: [Google]
Bombed Maria.jpg
17 KB, 250x198
>be Japanese
>be Christian
>got nukes by Christian country
We all know Christianity is the most inhumane religion
>>
>>58749714
>But Japanese don't think the things are religious.
Are you Zaichon?
>>
Sometimes religious customs get rolled up into everyday culture so what looks like a religious ritual is just good manners.
>>
>>58749812
this
the majority of Japanese people are self-proclaimed atheists yet superficially conforming to old religious customs make them feel better and less discordant.
>>
File: pep.jpg (286 KB, 1413x968) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
286 KB, 1413x968
>>58749738
americans are not christian

they circumcise their babies
they hate giving to the poor
they revel in hatred for their enemies
they do not believe in forgiveness
they think they are god's chosen people

they are jews.
>>
>>58750045
what were they referring to in the anime when they talked about god?
>>
decided to read more about this
america defeated a god, and forced him to relinquish his godhood
neat
>>
>>58749503
Davido, we don't like stinking pigs desu.
>>
>>58749759
I'm Japanese.
>But Japanese don't think the things are religious.
I had to say, Japanese don't feel the things are religious so much.
>>
>>58749738
+1 nuke

>>58750232
+1 nuke

>>58749503
-1 nuke

your total comes to +1 nuke
>>
>>58749738

>Americans
>Christians

Did you know that all the heretics fled to United States from Europe?
>>
>>58750158
Dunno. "Itadakimasu" is a common phrase before eating and it doesn't have connotation to allude God that much. Maybe they were specially hungry or the dinner was a feast? Then jokingly thanking god is possible. I haven't watch the anime but I doubt the author had the intention to depict that the family is religious or christian.
>>
>>58750292
I never think you're Japanese, but chon. First of all,
you stole this >>58749714 from the SHRINE of the site just like chon stole our 仏像 lol.
>>
File: 2dh20048006.jpg (38 KB, 608x395) Image search: [Google]
2dh20048006.jpg
38 KB, 608x395
>>58750435
普通の日本人だよ。

信仰心や信心が少なくとも「まあある」という人の割合
日本人34.5%
http://dataranking.com/table.cgi?LG=j&TP=ofthosewhothinkthattheyareatleastsomewhatreligious&CO=Japan&RG=1&TM=2008

しかし、多くの日本人は神社にお参りに行く。宗教が生活の一部になるほど根付いている。
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.