[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did you become fluent in English/Spanish/any other foreign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: dianekrüger.jpg (74 KB, 674x500) Image search: [Google]
dianekrüger.jpg
74 KB, 674x500
How did you become fluent in English/Spanish/any other foreign language?

>English
Seinfeld and OutKast, I also spent 6 months as a student in the US
>Spanish
re-watching Breaking Pleb with spanish subtitles. I'm not completely fluent yet, but I'm pretty comfortable with my vocab and such.

I had both languages as school courses to begin with of course, but school can only get you so far in my opinion. It doesn't really elevate you to C2 level all by itself.
>>
Videogames.
>>
>How did you become fluent in English/Spanish/any other foreign language?
I didn't, my english is fucking terrible, especially when I speak it
>>
>English
RPGs
>>
>>58731709
learned ebonics after impregnating lots of ghetto sluts
>>
>>58731709
Google translate
>>
>How did you become fluent in English/Spanish/any other foreign language?
I never did :(
>>
>>58731709
Well Spanish will cost you a lot more cause German is completely different to Spanish.

English is actually really easy to learn and the accent is easy to copy, literally everyone can be good at it .

With Spanish you will need to have a fluent speaker to help you out, if you don't have any you will fail.
Anyway I have heard that there are many Spaniards living in Germany get a friend and practice with him.
>>
>english

born in a 1st world country so it's natural that you become fluent in a language that has been force fed to you ever since you were a little baby
>>
>>58731709
>English
The basic education I got from ages 5-18 and, especially, reading, watching, listening English books, TV, kino, music...

When I got out of high school at 18 my English wasn't bad at all, but was reaaaally lacking in the speaking side. Now I think I'm pretty good at it, my accent is quite nice now and doesn't scream "no hablo inglés".

>French
Not really fluent, but I can speak it somewhat. I haven't consumed as much French-language media as I have English, but I'm working on it.

My pronounciation isn't bad, but only when I know how a word is specifically pronounced. Otherwise, I can pretty much botcher it.

I'd like to learn another language, but given that my French is far from being good, I think I'll stick to improve it. I can't keep a conversation up for shit.
>>
I've read one piece scans in english
I guess the pictures helped me a lot
>>
>>58731709
Video games. Was fluent in English before anyone else in my class
>>
You gotta immerse yourself in the language. It's that easy really.

Lots of hispanic friends, Univision, and a lot other things really do help. It's not too hard to immerse oneself in spanish, in the US.
>>
>>58731709
>re-watching Breaking Pleb with spanish subtitles
The Spanish speaking characters were mostly all not spanish speakers and spoke like people reading foreign words off the script for the first time.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.