[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was this cuntree like? Was life better than it is today?any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Czechoslovakia.gif (12 KB, 419x327) Image search: [Google]
Czechoslovakia.gif
12 KB, 419x327
What was this cuntree like? Was life better than it is today?any nostalgia towards it? Will it ever be a thing?
>>
>>58398174
>What was this cuntree like?
Communism
> Was life better than it is today?
For members of Communist party, yeah. For the rest of people no.
>any nostalgia towards it?
Depends on who you ask, my mom does have nostalgia towards it, majority of people dont really care
>Will it ever be a thing?
No
>>
one part feeling discriminated against by the other, but generally peaceful

>Was life better than it is today?
it was during the first republic, not so much later

>any nostalgia towards it?
only personal one, most people don't care anymore

>Will it ever be a thing?
most czechs don't hold any grudge towards slovaks, but I really doubt Czechoslovakia will unite again
>>
>>58398666
Who was discriminated and how?
>>
>>58399031
Jealous Moravians set up a swamp monster in a popular holiday spot near Prague to eat Prague's young, but it was later slain by a questing knight. Slovakia's refusal to give said person, Ivan Mladek, total dictatorial powers upon the fall of communism, led to the Czechs' abrupt exit from the union, taking with them the militarily occupied Moravia, which was only silenced by a covert campaign of genocide.
>>
>>58399291
ok why do you have the same flag as slovakia and also almost the same name?Is your language more similar to bosnian or slovakian?
>>
>>58399462
Naš jezik je skoraj identičen vašemu, prijatelj. Ta mladina dandanes, niti bivše Juge več ne pozna.
>>
>>58399031
from my albeit uninformed point of view, some slovaks thought that they are being left out of political decisions, so they pushed for independence, which was welcomed by some czech politicians who only saw slovakia as an endless drain for money
>>
>>58399462
There was no genocide, people from Slovakia wanted independence because it was not equal-power state, the divide was peaceful and the countries have very good relationship to this day.

Our flags are not same but very similiar, languages are pretty different.

Our name was actually same sometimes, Slovak man in slovakian used to be Sloven, its Slovák right now however female version is still Slovenka, Sloven means Slav in old church slavonic, but the reason why are the names so similiar is lost upon me
>>
>>58399544
pa i ne bih rekao da je identičan.Teško da bih mogao razumiti slovence bez prevodioca.
A reci mi kakav je vaš odnos prema bivšoj jugi?Da li su ljudi nostalgični prema Jugi il ih zaboli briga?

>>58399648
Was referendum for dissolution ever held?I read that both czechs and slovaks were against sepparation
>>
>>58398174
Pretty okay, when there wasn't a totalitarian regime
>Was life better than it is today?
No, before we split Slovakia used to have around 60% of the Czech GDP per capita and now we're almost on par.
any nostalgia towards it?
There used to be in the 90s, but now it's only among some from the older generation
Will it ever be a thing?
No, there is no political demand for reunification
>>
>>58399743
>Was referendum for dissolution ever held?I
>nebylo pořádání referenda o rozdělení federace podle tohoto zákona nikdy vážně navrženo – zřejmě i proto, že by jeho případný zamítavý výsledek situaci pravděpodobně nevyřešil
politicians knew that people didn't want dissolution, so they just decided to split regardless the public opinion
>>
>>58399743
No, Mečiar and Klaus (victors of the election in Slovakia and Czechia, respectively) sat down in a nice villa in Brno and split the country up.
>>
>>58400061
Wow that sucks, not very democratic. But the important thing is that the dissolution was peaceful without any conflict.
>>
>>58399743
Slovenija je svetovnonazorsko razdeljena na dva tabora: postkomuniste in klerofašiste. Slednje tipično najdeš na deželi (in na tem forumu) in jih lahko razpoznaš po zavračanju vsega južnjaškega in jugoslovanskega, medtem ko smo mi meščani bolj liberalni in naklonjeni ohranjanju lepega spomina na Jugo. Zaenkrat jim še ni uspelo preurediti družbe in izločiti 'srbo-komunistične elemente', na srečo vseh nas.
>>
>>58400228
boring
>>
>>58400353
not enough genocide for your liking?
>>
>>58400315
I ovde je slično, vladaju klerofašisti. Sva imena ulica jugoslovenskih junaka i partizana su preimenovana, sada nose nazive balijskih fašista, ustaša i četnika. Zanimljivo je da još ima jugonostalgije i u sloveniji, iako se misli kako je ostatak jugoslavije bio ekonomski teret za sloveniju. Nekad smo imali svoju državu, a sada smo zapadnjačke države marionete.
>>
>>58399291
This is true btw, Moravians set up youth killing monster near Prague, Mladek (for which he was knighted afterwards) had to take it down
with crop duster. Many folk songs celebrate his bravery.
>>
File: 1459928210007.png (2 KB, 183x76) Image search: [Google]
1459928210007.png
2 KB, 183x76
>>58398174
anzac day?
>>
>>58398174
>that feel when my ancestors immigrated from here
>there's nothing to claim "Muh Heritage" about

such is life
>>
>>58402123
Depends if they were Czech or Slovak side
>>
>>58399291
At least he got half the JZD and the mayor's daughter's hand in marriage
>>
>>58399544
I understood the whole first sentence, but not the second one. I speak Polish and some Russian.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T_uxoV5FuQ

For anyone confused about
>>58399291
>>58401975
>>58402691
these 3 posts

watch the video
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.