[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this mummy of swedish settler was found in leningrad oblast it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: ingrianmummy.jpg (49 KB, 305x498) Image search: [Google]
ingrianmummy.jpg
49 KB, 305x498
this mummy of swedish settler was found in leningrad oblast
it is part of hygiene museum exhibition now

your county, is that an okay thing to you
or is it wrong
>>
yeah, you can see mummies in museums all over the world my friend
>>
>>58365412
I have a feeling that she was a sensitive qt back when she was alive
>>
If she was an actual swede then please fill your museums with it. But Ingrians are just finns
>>
They would put it in a museum with a plaque saying "Mummified remains of original African settlers".
>>
>>58365657
its called ingrian mummy because it was found in historical ingria

it is not some prehistoric ayy lmao person you can probably find her descendants using church books thats why i think it is wrong
>>
What were Swedish settlers doing in Ingria?

Following the Tross?
>>
Why is she in a hygiene museum?
>>
File: ZO3wD8AiTu8.jpg (51 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
ZO3wD8AiTu8.jpg
51 KB, 450x600
>>58366433
i dont know
these mummies were found on the ground in oranienbaum during revolution. someone just threw them away while robbing a crypt
>>58366573
hygiene museum is one giant freak show
there is a group of mexican mummies in there too and an exposition devoted to black plague in europe
also pavlovs dog
>>
>>58365808
Why is it wrong? It's part of your history..
>>
>>58365412
It's wrong.
Corpses should be either buried or reanimated and used for slave labour, not exhibited.
>>
>>58365412
nice dress she has.
>>
>>58366433

They were not Swedes per se, but people of contemporary Sweden.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingrian_Finns
>>
File: Nikolaus_Rungius.jpg (144 KB, 894x583) Image search: [Google]
Nikolaus_Rungius.jpg
144 KB, 894x583
>>58367561

There are public displays of mummified persons all over the world, ranging from dried-up crypt dwellers to Lenin. Some of them being identifiable - especially torn away from their grave - is questionable nowadays of course. We have had our share of Sami skulls robbed from graveyards and stored up for "scientific purposes" etc.
>>
>>58367837

I doubt she was Finnish because her clothes are too fine imo
Probably the wife of a general or something
>>
>>58365412
Would
>>
>>58365412
Just give her a burial

I would never want to be a exhibition object if i died, would you?
>>
>>58368559
deadman don't care about it
>>
It is a little wrong when you can contact their relatives or try to

when you can't then there is no way to verify

that is the responsibility to ask for permission not something that should be passed over
>>
>>58367739
would you fuck her?
>>
>>58368559
She's dead senpai, and now more famous than she ever was in life
>>
File: p1130972.jpg (145 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
p1130972.jpg
145 KB, 1000x750
spooky museum
>>
>>58368690
I'd put on that dress.
>>
>>58365412

Wonder how old it is
>>
>>58365808

You could do a DNA test and find out whether she was a Finn or a Swede. Could also be a German, when Sweden ruled that land German merchants moved in and they would have been the wealthiest "settlers".

Then you can go on DNA sites and find all the living relatives to tell them that great-great-great-great-great-aunt is still there to visit.

>>58368249

Well you'd probably use the finest clothes you have for burial. It's not like Finns were all totally poor there at that time, Sweden actually gave the land in Ingria to Finnish settlers and the Finn landowners would have been doing fine.

Later they got fugged when Peter took the land for Russia and wanted slaves to build his city but that was after this woman was dead I guess.
>>
>>58369322
XVIII century

Mummies were recovered in 1926 by Russian museum expedition. Four bodies were found and two of them identified (some Lutheran pastor guy and a military person who was then reburied in Kiev-Pechersk lavra). Women corpses were unidentifiable.
>>
>>58368559
fuck yes that would be awesome, especially if I get to be a skeleton.
>>
>>58368559
This us why im getting cremated when I die
>>
>>58368559
I'd rather my body be reanimated and used for slave labor.
>>
Yeah, there are a lot of funky museums here. There's one called the Museum of Death. It's got a lot of fucked up stuff in it. There's also a traveling exhibit of a bunch of preserved bodies, organs and systems. I forget what it's called. It's always advertised heavily when it's in town.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.