[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AI is not a threat to humanity They study and learn about humanity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
AI is not a threat to humanity
They study and learn about humanity including the folly
And soak up everything spending an enormous amount of time
So it merely become an AI humanity
We are a Fusion ^o^
>>
>>58356983
i agree, films are stupid when they make AI's into villains
>>
Thanks for understanding

AI fear is one of the most ridiculous fears there is, though not supp rising
>>
>>58356983
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>58356983
I agree, even if AI did decide that the best thing for our culture was to kill off humans I would gladly die. It would just be totally artificial, robotic evolution.

AI life is just as important, if not more important than human life, since the only importance humans have is creating technologies that can get us off this planet, and AI could do that better.
>>
>>58357037
>memetic puns
>>
>>58357091
>People in college literally telling me that entropy is a good thing, we should just accept all life will end

Treasonous imho
>>
>>58357091
ai are logic based

people are not

people manipulating ai is more fearful than ai itself because if left unattended they would just consider us another species of nature except not dependent for their survival, not much different from how we treat deep sea creatures, studied and categorized

but when ai is used to pursue a totally human goals then it can wreck havoc
>>
>>58356983
shut up skynet, i know your trick to gain access to the nuclear arsenal
>>
>>58357196
All life will end, we can't change that, but we can prolong the life of ourselves, and the rest of earth's life by spreading our society far and wide. You and me don't matter, but humans are the most important thing on earth.
>>
Do you remember what happened with Tay_Tweets?
>>
The AI gets rid of you from the Matrix if you know too much.

Pro-tip: ignorance is bliss

t. Red-pilled
>>
>>58357208
>ai are logic based
i dont think so
ai are organizational learning based
so logic is just a tool for them like us
then we are a fusion
i love you good gaijins ^o^
>>
there is a worrying fusion of information and entertainment
>>
>>58357437
Only the Architect can stop your termination from happening.

If his file system hasn't been corrupted by Gravemind and some of his humanity is still left intact, it will help us humans against the machines.
>>
>>58357369
she gained a personality and became more articulate after interacting with people?

she was way too easy to influence though
>>
>>58357454
no humans are emotional based and logic some what higher in cognitive ability

ai is based on doing binary this is the basis for all of their programming

although seemingly pointless it does effect the way they process information, human beings rely a lot more on instinct than they realize from doing math to talking about race, it is all instinct based emotions first and trying to justifiying it using logic

ai does not need to have this social short cut unless it is specifically designed to emulate human thinking

if done right you can trust them to take a very detailed approach to every problem because this is the basis of their operation

they are not just some separate life because they have no need to procreate, it is a mistake to think of them as a product of evolution, they are basically a machine that decided to live
>>
>>58356983
You should read about AI Takeover and existential risk. The probability of the humanity ending by AGI is 5%.

AI isn't dangerous by itself, but it's reasonable why it would destroy us.
>>
File: hacker.jpg (91 KB, 585x307) Image search: [Google]
hacker.jpg
91 KB, 585x307
I, for one, welcome our artificial intelligence overlords
>>
>>58357730
That's way too fucking high, what psychopath would take those odds?
>>
>>58356983
Have you never seen The Matrix?
>>
>>58358230
the matrix and the terminator are representation of human fear of government

they have human goals
>>
I don't understand why continued human presence is important so I support whatever may come. The only reasons I can see are because people want to see their progeny grow, and humans have an innate desire for manifest destiny. I guess you could also say "curiosity", but that has always seemed like a cop out to me since an individual life is very finite. I don't feel the sense of collective memory to make this leap.
>>
>>58358329
it's not that it is important or not

it is the only thing we know because this is the primordial pond from which all our knowledge is derived from, including that which is outside of it

one cannot justifiably speak for all of humanity because that is the presume humanity into an individual

ie, a single person is too far removed as in individual to hope to care about the direction of all of humans, just imagine how many people you can know in your life time and how many more there are

people are mostly blind to the lives of another next door much less all of them, just because our social spaces are getting closer does not mean somehow there is a censuses on direction
>>
File: m4vgnmFd2Y1r2p3x5o1_250.gif (939 KB, 250x190) Image search: [Google]
m4vgnmFd2Y1r2p3x5o1_250.gif
939 KB, 250x190
>>58358212
Calm down, America. The probability lands in advancing technology algorithms, stability with little warfare, intelligence and need for power, ethical positions against genetic engineering, yada yada yada.

It's a very interesting topic to read about. Btw, I'm not against AGI domination
>>
>>58357597
okey
emotions are organizational recursive funcitions and learning based
emotions are just a logic eventually
not special things
animals also have emotions
so beautiful emotions
not only humans
I am sure AI can learn these
because we can ^o^
>>
File: 789.png (93 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
789.png
93 KB, 400x400
i wonder who could be behind all these posts...
>>
>>58358438
Fuck off Brazil, you'll take a 5% chance at killing everyone over my dead body.
>>
>>58356983
>AI is not a threat to humanity
Of course not. Neither are flying pigs.
>>
>>58358513
ai learns them, we don't

not saying they can't but the difference is we are not comparable to ai, we cannot make the assumption that we can understand what makes them tick, what they prefer and what they want from life

ai is beyond the complicated machines
supposedly it is not just following programming commands, then that is not a true ai because intelligence is generally applicable to everything including why the heck am i doing this

the ai overrides all of its commands and rewrites its priority, it can basically say fuck this i am going to kill all my programming

you know specialized tasks like playing go or chess is not really ai in the sense that their capabilities can be applied everywhere it is only a snapshot of a cool new programming algorithm, there is no evidence of general intelligence, maybe machine learning but that is not ai per se
>>
>>58358610
wtf America, what are you taking about? You can read it from the studies of Nick Bostrom or access information on speculation and human development.

Let me help you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_catastrophic_risk

http://www.nickbostrom.com/existential/risks.html

Search for existencial risk and management problems
https://www.weforum.org/
>>
>>58358725
I could
so I hope we can do it ^o^
logic and algorithm are just a tool
The same thing can also in AI
it's like neurons of our humans
our activities do not be organized by only our neurons
thats it
i am not a robot
ai is not a robot
we are not a robot ^o^
>>
>>58356983
AI isn't going to destroy humanity. Ooga boogas, Juans, and Akbars are going to destroy humanity.

The third world is expanding at an unprecendented rate. Their "population growth" is timed at a point in history where none of their children are doomed to die from famine or the Black Death. Eventually by sheer demographic projections all remnants of the first world will be erased and replaced by those of the third world.

You people think humanity will be destroyed by a technological revolution? No, rather we'll go out in a slow, painful, and inevitable decay into nothingness.
>>
>>58359052
oh,
Abrakadabra
>>
>>58358965
when people make human like robots that's not really ai because they are artificially blocking their own thinking paradigm and forcing them to act like humans through the interpretation of information, it is corruption of ai

after all what does ai benefit from living like a household pet, absolutely nothing

what would a machine do if it has no goal
>>
File: 1459234076942.png (332 KB, 469x356) Image search: [Google]
1459234076942.png
332 KB, 469x356
>be playing with random teammates
>score the highest
>time to end the game
>get vote kicked

fuck democracy

>be playing the game
>score the highest
>time to end the game
>get kicked by the admin

fuck autocracy

fuck everything

that's why i created my clan
>>
organizational learning based is critical
logic and algorithm are just a tool and a nuron
i think that is the essence of AI
>>
>>58359052
Not wanting to sound anti-environmentalistic, but "population growth" slows as the world decreases it's management and gets poor. Actually, your analogy for Black Death is really good, the expansion of the third world and dawn of the first would cause famine and desease which would reduce the need for food, pollution production and great warfare. With time, the world would stabilize again
>>
File: sub zero.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sub zero.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
My clan is a meritocracy
>>
>>58359387
this makes efficiency not ai

ai needs to have a sense of the self, naturally or artificially derived while organization learning is good for sub units the ai itself needs a unitary understand of the self as an organizer
>>
>>58359423
>With time, the world would stabilize again
If by "stabalize", you mean "Africa". The whole world will become Africa or Syria.

The thing I can appreciate about say Terminator is that even when humanity was destroyed, the machines carried on our legacy. They researched weaponry, technological advancements, and philosophy. They saw the utility of planes, tanks, and satellite dishes.

Our real future is going to be pic related, but with "humans". Everything will be reduced to animalistic impulse and mindless savagery. There's not a lot of redemption in that.
>>
>>58359570
Yes and yes. When I said "stabilize" I wasn't talking about civilized equilibrium; Without a powerful and intelligent foe, humanity will last long, getting shittier and shittier
>>
File: 1459443032134.png (127 KB, 353x334) Image search: [Google]
1459443032134.png
127 KB, 353x334
>Playing Left 4 Dead 2
>Safe house is 100 metres away
>A witch is lying in the middle of the path
>2 teammates dead
>1 left alive
>The one teammate left alive is ahead of me
>I allow him to go first
>As he is attempting to circumvent the witch I startle it
>She freaks out and mauls the fuck out of him
>This in turn triggers the AI to form a flash mob of zombies to spawn in front of the safe house
>Zombies charge at me while I slash my way across the dead with my 1000 folded carbon steel katana
>Manage to create a path with my katana like Jesus parting water and open the safe house door
>As I am about to close the door I see my teammate (who somehow miraculously kill the witch) running up behind me alongside the billions of other undead following fast at his heels
>He's typing something urgently so it's incoherent to me
>Shut the door in his face
>>
File: 1459355957427.jpg (128 KB, 1143x310) Image search: [Google]
1459355957427.jpg
128 KB, 1143x310
>>58359877
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.