[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Esperanto worth learning? Wikipedia says about 2 million people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 2000px-Flag_of_Esperanto.svg.png (22 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Flag_of_Esperanto.svg.png
22 KB, 2000x1333
Is Esperanto worth learning? Wikipedia says about 2 million people speak it, which isn't that much really. I think it'll eventually die out, but I could be wrong.
>>
It's a meme language. Maybe 2 million people speak it because they have nothing better to do but it was never used for its intended purpose.
>>
>>58354954
If you enjoy learning languages, then I recommend it. It's a fun and easy language to learn. But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>58354954
Yea, this.
Just learn spanish or french, you'll find them way more useful.
>>
>>58355506
Meant*
>>
>>58354954
If you learn it, you have to deal with the Esperanto community, which is made up of the "kein Mensch ist illegal" and "refugees welcome" crowd. Which makes sense, I suppose.
>>
It's worthless.
>>
>>58354954
Yes, it is worth learning. It is your passport to the world.
>>
>>58354954
Esperanto is a libcuck language. If you really want to learn a conlang, Learn lojban instead, there's a lot of pseudo-intellectuals in the community but at least they're not libcucks.
>>
File: 1457761484268.jpg (28 KB, 486x389) Image search: [Google]
1457761484268.jpg
28 KB, 486x389
>>58354954
hahahahahaha hell no
>>
>>58357421
Learn a shitier language? What's next, tell them to learn Portuguese?
>>
>>58357421
I know of at least one anarchist Lojbanist. The rest are more LGBT friendly than most people here would prefer.
>>
>>58357534
>Lojban is shittier than Esperanto
Terrible bait. Try harder next time.
>>
>>58357421
Good goy, divide and conquer.
>>
>>58354954
Esperanto a shit
>>
>>58354954
If you learn that language instead of French or Spanish you are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>58357581
Lojban doesn't have a political agenda, I barely speak it to be honest, but at least it brings something new to the table that is different from all natural languages so if you're gonna waste your time learning a conlang might as well learn the one that isn't a gimped natural language.
>>
>>58357628
>Lojban doesn't have a political agenda

Every language has a political agenda. The only difference is whether they have the power to make it happen.
>>
No, it's shit and autistic and so are the people.
>>
>>58357662
>Every language has a political agenda
Languages can't have political agendas, only the people speaking them to be honest. But I get what you mean, I was just trying to say that it seems uncucked for the most part and won't force any ideologies down your throat.
>>
>parents have actually forced their unfortunate children to learn Esperanto as their native language

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/06/13/413968033/esperanto-is-not-dead-can-the-universal-language-make-a-comeback

poor kid got BTFO
>>
>>58357999
This is pretty sad.
>>
>>58357761
>Languages can't have political agendas
Stop crimethink! Newspeak is doubleplusgood.
>>
>>58354954
EsperANtO
>>
>>58358075
Newspeak is just a literary device. Even if a language was built with such constraints with given time people would find workarounds or simply invent new morphemes and grammar rules.

There were natural languages that before contact with western civilization entirely lacked concepts such as numbers, but they quickly developed numeric systems after they were introduced to the concept.

Languages are not strings that bind us like puppets, they're are a tool set that we can use however we please, even if that means using the wrong tool for the job.
>>
>>58357761
Languages that don't have speakers aren't very relevant to anyone.
>>
Ni hisu la velojn...
>>
>>58359028
ĉar blovas la vent'
>>
>>58359847
par vonas lokim cras voibis tra
>>
>>58357421
Fuck off monkey
>>
>>58354954
It was made by a Jew. This is all you need to know.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.