[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are mormons as happy and nice as they look or is it just a façade?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 21
File: index.jpg (12 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12 KB, 278x181
Are mormons as happy and nice as they look or is it just a façade?
Any mormon here?
>>
I mean, we only see few couples of guys like pic related around our main cities, i've traveled on a train near them and shit and i kinda distrust someone who's sweating liters under his shirt, is visibly frustrated due to the long journey and rather talk about the "last seminar they've attended" without dropping a "fuck" or "shit".
>>
>>58352278
they are very nice people.
Completely brainwashed, but part of that brainwashing involves being decent people and strong family values.
Its all the bits about magic white Indians in the Americas that were visited by space Jesus that gets really creepy. If they could leave that out of the conversation, it wouldn't be so bad.
They also have magic underwear.
>>
>>58352659
Yeah i remember Bill Maher's documentary.
And yeah it's quite ridicolous indeed but still, unless they all secretly release all the stress in weird shit they actually have their own zen-like approach to life, couldn't explain it in any other way.
>>
I think it's more likely to find a Muslim on 4chinz then a Mormon.
>>
>>58352908
I remember some guy made a related AMA on here, but it was years ago.
>>
Former Mormon here.

I'd say that most Mormons are generally happy with the way that they live, but there are doctrinal issues that they have to ignore. If they manage to completely block them out, happiness is possible and genuine.
>>
File: SadRomney2.jpg (26 KB, 615x270) Image search: [Google]
SadRomney2.jpg
26 KB, 615x270
>mormons
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jV4MK103SBM
>>
I have the exactly same question. The ones I have met were people interested in other persons and will be on a sunday to help you fix a crappy problem you got into. It's like they lost most of their individuality.
I bet they didn't make this shitty "select images until I want you to" captcha.
>>
File: mormon gf.jpg (2 MB, 2592x3456) Image search: [Google]
mormon gf.jpg
2 MB, 2592x3456
>>58352278
Yes they are happy because they get qt virgin wives

>tfw no mormon wife
>>
>>58352278

the mormons I met were a friendly bunch
>>
Morman's are friendly, the teenagers are just like any other American teenager but they do talk about God a lot.
>>
>>58357873

Mormon girls are literally the sluttiest demographic out there anon, doubly so if they're in a relationship.
>>
>>58355252
>but there are doctrinal issues that they have to ignore.
Care to elaborate? And how frowned upon are former Mormons?
>>
>>58357873
Is that the special mormon underwear?
>>
They always keep eye contact way too long, they'll literally never let go. I guess it's some kind of psychological trick they learn in order to establish dominance, very rude.
>>
>>58358338
Because they're "culturally" Mormon I guess. Girls in catholic schools are notorious nymphomaniacs, and I can't blame them.
>>
>>58358409
That's just you guys. Here it's more respectful to look someone in the eyes when you talk to him.
>>
>>58358491
We do here aswell, this is when I'm passing them on the street. I used to live straight across from a mormon church. We exchange looks when passing, but'll never hold on like these guys.
>>
>>58358338
>religious girls are the most slutty meme
This isn't true
>>
File: 1415825020304.png (95 KB, 228x404) Image search: [Google]
1415825020304.png
95 KB, 228x404
>Quakers
>Shakers
>Mormons
>Jehovah's Witnesses
>Pentecostals
>Dominion theology

What is it about the US that creates all these wacky offshoots of Christianity?
>>
Are mormons related at all to the church of latter day saints?

Those dudes look just like the picture and they have been showing up a lot around here lately.
They really try to learn the language atleast and their broken ameri-swedish sounds quite fun, so as far as religious weirdos go they aren't that bad.
>>
>>58358647
The church of latter day saints is the formal title for Mormonism m8
>>
>>58358584

I didn't say religious girls, I said Mormon girls.

t. Been with two
>>
I was raised Mormon. It's both.

It's common to be white, with a big family, and be upper-middle class, so all of these things are going to help make you happy in life. The community is also pretty tight-knit, so if you fit in, you will find friends easily.

>>58358375
I'm not him, but yeah. Doctrinal issues like, for example, the early church being absolutely plagued with racism (for example nonwhites couldn't hold the priesthood, this was changed when the church began to get popular in South America), and also things like stuff being conveniently forgotten (like how you're not supposed to eat meat except in famine or winter, but nobody obeys that), in addition to the standard questionable things of Christianity like, where is God and why doesn't he help people murdered in genocide if he's both all-loving and all powerful etc etc.
>>
>>58358680

>Mormons exist in Canada

Sheeeeeit
>>
>>58358715
Oh, yeah, though not nearly as many as there are, in, say, Utah. In Mormon doctrine America is the promised land (can you tell it was founded by an American?), and Utah in particular is where they built Zion, which is supposed to be a holy city, so Mormons like to move there if they can. My mother's brought it up a few times, good thing we're too poor to follow through.

But yeah, it exists everywhere. I hear it's gaining the most ground in LatAm, especially Mexico. No idea why.
>>
>>58358647
Yep. They move into your town in pairs of men, these two men will never be seen separately. They will always wear the same clothes, same hair, like clone people. They will target all your elderly and women with children.
>>
>>58358680
I have a question

As a Mormon you are obligated to go around walking and talking to people about your religion or that is something that you decide to do?

Are you free to do what you want like most religions as long as you don't break the rules?
>>
>>58358777
>They will target all your elderly and women with children.

Spot on. They have only ever bothered me when I've been walking with my elderly mother.
>>
>>58358798
They get point blank refusal from a lot of men, they act very beta so don't market well in that direction. They seem pretty gay to me and I do wonder if its a cover but aside from being mad they aren't dangerous, we have Scientologists here in Sussex, a far more insidious lot.
>>
File: 1460222458799.gif (912 KB, 240x176) Image search: [Google]
1460222458799.gif
912 KB, 240x176
>>58358777
That sounds quite creepy.
Luckily I have never come across any of them.
>>
>>58358620
Quakers are English.
You even have them in your country.
>>
>>58358647
They are the same people. Mormons don't really like it if you call them Mormons, they prefer "Latter Day Saints", but they're slowly warming to the idea.

Every man in the church is required to go on a mission that he funds himself. The church will then tell them where to go, I don't believe they have any agency in where they're assigned, nor the partner they're given (and yes, some missionaries have died on their missions, especially going to places like Africa where people can get violent). They are to go for two years and may only contact their familes two days of the year, Christmas and Mother's Day. The church provides their lodgings (I think), but not really their food, so it is custom for members of the local ward to host them in their homes. It is considered an honour to host a missionary in your house, and you can feed them whatever, but if the owner of the house is female and there are no males of age around, another male that has the priesthood (so, at 12) must also be present, presumably so the missionaries don't rape her though I'm not sure how a 12-year-old could change that.

>>58358789
See above, going on the actual mission is not optional for men (it is for women, though), but beyond that, you're doing it on your own time. It's highly encouraged, though, and there are even little pass-along cards that you can give to someone so they can call the number and get a free holy book or other piece of mormon media.
>>
>>58352278
QUICK

POST VIDEOS OF MORMONS PLAYING HALFCOURT WITH BASKETBALL AMERICANS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONB_jWyioEc
>>
>>58358877
>Scientologists
Walked past a "dianetics free stress test" booth yesteday, the people in charge of it always have those weird dead eyes.
>>
>>58358917
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv5W1eFVtSs
>>
>>58352278
I work at a restaurant and I've had a few Mormon groups come in before. In the Northeast of all places, not out west like where you'd expect it.

I've never had any issues, they've all been very friendly.
>>
>>58358927
They are dead. The test they use apparently can transmit electricity through glass though, an insulator, clever stuff. Their headquarters are down the road from me, and you get the celebs driving around occasionally though its mainly in Brighton you see them trolling (in the fishing sense) for victims.
>>
>>58358892
They will come, and they will be happy to meet you. Possibly the happiest stranger you have ever met, beware.
>>
>>58359041
trawling, or another word?
>>
>>58359027
They are nice people, but too nice and their methods are very "foriegn" here and they do target the elderly and women, they stand out like a sore thumb. It would be like seeing British people standing in a line for no reason in the US and someone saying ah they are brits, they are just queueing, its still looks weird to locals.
>>
>>58352803
>unless they all secretly release all the stress in weird shit

My friend lived across the street from some sort of moron house. All the pairs would end up there at night and leave at day. One day they left their curtain, which was just a big blanket with jesus on it, open and we watched them all in a line practicing hugging for like, 45 minutes.
>>
>>58359140
So they are all autistic?
>>
>>58359074
Right, it's two different techniques of fishing. The more you know.
>>
>>58359074
yeh trawling is close enough mate
>>
>>58359159
Not quite, it's just that they tend to want have a lot of bonding exercises and they can have some interesting ideas of how to do that.
>>
>>58359074
>>58359169
sorry misunderstood you, trolling is like the other guy said another form of fishing and trawling would be a close synonym but its also i see now a homonym.
>>
Of all the wacky religious cults, I'd say Mormons are the least dangerous.
>>
>Morons
Why do those Protestant niggers hate the Christians' peaceful Sunday mornings?

Then when we put those non-Christian shit on a fire they begin to yell "prejudice".
>>
>>58359272
Because most protestants don't consider them to be a real form of Christianity.

Shit, my stepdad won't shut up about how their templs are full of "satanic geometry."
>>
File: mountain-meadows-massacre-i.jpg (92 KB, 600x384) Image search: [Google]
mountain-meadows-massacre-i.jpg
92 KB, 600x384
>>58359262
>I'd say Mormons are the least dangerous.

They're just biding their time anon
>>
>>58359289
>protestants
>"You are not Christian! I am!"
>from fucking hereticals akin to mudslime and kikes
Why are Protestants so fucking stupid?
>>
File: StarshipTroopers_05.jpg (67 KB, 400x261) Image search: [Google]
StarshipTroopers_05.jpg
67 KB, 400x261
Best day of my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J206CKoG1R0
>>
File: QT.gif (2 MB, 196x300) Image search: [Google]
QT.gif
2 MB, 196x300
>>58359300
At least they have the balls to keep giving the Feds the middle finger, no matter how hard they're being tread upon.
>>
Would it be possible to convert to? It seems very America-centric, can I be a Mormon and still hate America?
>>
>>58359335
They'll take anyone with a pulse. Latin-Americans are a prime source of fresh converts now.
>>
>>58359333
>At least they have the balls to keep giving the Feds the middle finger

You do know that Mormons are disproportionately represented in the FBI, right?
>>
>>58359300
I would participate in a Mormon Jihad, and I'm not even religious.
>>
>>58359354
Hey, looks like there's a LSD church in my city. I should go sign up. Does it force any obligations?
>>
>>58359356
>Can't beat em', join em'.

If not for the Civil War the midwest would've been much bloodier.

>>58359415
I have no idea. It's a religious cult that likes to get you integrated ASAP, so expect some weird stuff. But it's not like Scientology where they make you pay for $90 seminars and DVDs every other week in order to achieve "enlightenment."
>>
>>58359454
Fuck that. I need to find a religion that doesn't require me to meet people.
>>
>>58359454
>But it's not like Scientology where they make you pay for $90 seminars and DVDs every other week in order to achieve "enlightenment."

>tithing
>magic underwear
>>
>>58359415
I know a guy who got offered a wife of his choosing if he joined.
>>
>>58359500
That sounds quite tempting.
What are the mormon rules about divorce?
>>
>>58359498
>Tithing

Yeah, they'll fucking go through your tax documentation to make sure you're not holding out on them.

>>58359509
No idea.
>>
File: polygamy_01lg.jpg (64 KB, 800x353) Image search: [Google]
polygamy_01lg.jpg
64 KB, 800x353
>>58359500
>I know a guy who got offered a wife
>not picking ALL the wives
>>
>>58359415
>Does it force any obligations?
Depends. Membership as it stands requires nothing except going to a missionary and saying you want to be baptised and then setting a date, actually being an ideal remember requires paying tithes and going on your mission and shit.
>>
>>58359509
Why join a boring church? Go for catholicism if you are feeling adventurous. At least they got nice churches and hymns.
>>
>>58359509
Google tells me it's OK.

http://lds.about.com/od/temples/a/mormon_divorce.htm
>>
>>58359538
That would be ideal. I've been reading up on the law and being part of a religion is the biggest fucking racket in history. Generally it's balanced out by conforming yourself to the will of "god", paying tithe or going to church, but if you cut out all that bullshit it's an overall buff.
>>
>>58359500
The Church of LDS is essentially a religious legally protected pimping ring. You buy in and pay your tithes, and if the local head likes you, you get a maybe pretty but at least young wife or wives.
There were a few articles about 5 years ago about girls that escaped what was at the time a sanctioned offshoot of the church somewhere in the US where they were essentially slaves.
>>
>>58359603
The whole polygamy thing is officially denounced by the "real" LDS leadership. That thing you're talking about wasn't sanctioned officially. I believe the guy in charge just happened to be old friends with someone important at the time or something.
>>
>>58359509
>What are the mormon rules about divorce?
Not encouraged but they won't be horrible to you if you do it. Fornication and adultery are strictly forbidden, though.

>>58359589
It's a buff in the sense that there're lots of young, pretty mormon women that're only available if you're also a mormon, though they're usually pretty into it so it might be tough to get along if you're not really into it.
>>
File: MASSIVE MORMON COCKS.jpg (297 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
MASSIVE MORMON COCKS.jpg
297 KB, 750x500
>>58359603
>There were a few articles about 5 years ago about girls that escaped what was at the time a sanctioned offshoot of the church somewhere in the US where they were essentially slaves.

Sounds like Warren Jeffs' FLDS cult
>There were a few articles about 5 years ago about girls that escaped what was at the time a sanctioned offshoot of the church somewhere in the US where they were essentially slaves.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/warren-jeffs-cult-forced-men-watch-wives-raped-article-1.2381086

>mfw
>>
File: das it mane.png (614 KB, 883x691) Image search: [Google]
das it mane.png
614 KB, 883x691
I see mormons around my neighborhood every. fucking. day. Every single time they try to get my adress and always I've given a fake one. These guys are relentless, man.

There's some girls who are hot tho.
>>
>>58359664
Never mind that, article 9 in the european convention and RF 2:1§ are rife for abuse. Having a religion basically means free holidays and all kinds of shit with no downsides.
>>
File: JJTC9xh.jpg (38 KB, 330x381) Image search: [Google]
JJTC9xh.jpg
38 KB, 330x381
>>58359500
>offered a wife of his choosing
Bruh, I'm halfway there.

Also dubs of truth.
>>
>>58359712
Oh, shit, I had no clue.

For Mormons, you could maybe squeeze in Monday because you're supposed to spend time with your family that day. Wednesday is another thing, I forget the name because I never went but basically it starts at like 6 in the morning and it's like a scripture session, so you could maybe use that as an excuse to go in to work later or something. Beyond that I'm not really sure, it'd depend on the local branch I guess.
>>
File: jacob.jpg (22 KB, 349x489) Image search: [Google]
jacob.jpg
22 KB, 349x489
>>58359535
You really wanna deal with that many women, anon?
>>
File: 1461270526410.jpg (17 KB, 466x349) Image search: [Google]
1461270526410.jpg
17 KB, 466x349
>>58359535
>Their periods synch up
>>
>>58359659
It was probably something along those lines, it's been a long while since I read it.

>>58359685
Oh man that's way more fucked than what I was thinking, too recent as well., it's like children of the trough but rapey-er.
>>
>>58359756
Funnily enough Warren was supposedly terrified of women well into his early '20s
>>
>>58358338
>tfw tall mormon qt i knew in high school may have been into me and i didn't pick up on it at the time
>>
>>58359535
Basically every account I've ever seen of modern polygamy boils down the the women fighting and getting insanely jealous, while the husband is either blueballed or only fucks one of them.
>>
>>58359745
>tfw no family

How many days off do Hedonists get?

>>58359685
Religions in general can get away with pretty crazy shit, even something as mainsteam as catholicism and those rape-cruises. Since people don't understand them in the first place it's hard to see when something isn't right.
>>
>>58359800
Who's Warren?
>>
>>58359911
Warren Jeffs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Jeffs

tl;dr inherits leadership of a Mormon fundamentalist splinter sect, marries ~50 women and girls as young as 12
>>
>mfw my grandmother tried to make me a baptist
>ended up hating society and not believing in God at the age of 13
>one girl my age who also went to those meetings turned out to become a big slut
>>
>>58360008
And now you're on 4chan.

She tried to save you both.
>>
>>58359950
I've read a good bit on the FLDS. They're a pretty interesting group. They and the hassids are also huge welfare queens
>>
File: 1459536484353.jpg (177 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1459536484353.jpg
177 KB, 1200x900
>>58359950
>girls as young as 12
Eww.
>>
>>58359844
Aw, c'mon, none at all? Are you Batman?
>>
>>58358620
In ye olde days, immigrants came to the new world to escape religious persecution in England.
>>
>>58359500
Well, did he join?
>>
We have mormons here, and they speak murican english a lot. Though I can say that their way of life is more americanized compared to the other religions here.
They steer clear from people with other religions though, if you are a total stranger. At least in my place.
>>
>>58358761
>In Mormon doctrine America is the promised land (can you tell it was founded by an American?),

Honestly, that sounds a lot better than Judes and Inshallahs fighting over Judea.

If the Brits promised, I dunno, the Hebrides to both Palestinians and Zionists in the Balfour Declaration, there would be a lot less modern strife. Hell, the USA could promise Alaska too. I don't mind giving up some of the non-oily bits.
>>
File: 1434765649103.jpg (155 KB, 550x358) Image search: [Google]
1434765649103.jpg
155 KB, 550x358
>>58352278
I've never had a problem with Mormons.
>>
File: mormons worst cultists.jpg (757 KB, 2000x1625) Image search: [Google]
mormons worst cultists.jpg
757 KB, 2000x1625
>>58359326

My state is a flaming pile of shit, but it at least did one thing right.
>>
>>58360798
What am I looking at? A black perosn wearing a white mans scalp or a white person wearing a blakc mans face?
>>
>>58352278
I remember something a Mormon at my old highchool said something a few years back. A few of my friends were joking about what they would do if they knew that some Mormons were on their way over, they were bringing up shit like answering the door in a gimp suit. Anyway the Mormon said that if they see some real sinful behavior when they answer your door, they'll tag your house (sometimes with a sticker on your mailbox that's nearly impossible to peel) and bombard you with missionaries. I mentioned dissolving the adhesive with acetone and he gave me an almost hateful look

Really damn creepy 2bh
>>
>>58361145
>I mentioned dissolving the adhesive with acetone
What?
>>
>>58361145
What the fuck's a gimp suit?
>>
>>58361279
He said that the stickers are very hard to peel, so I said that you could probably use acetone or another solvent to dissolve the adhesive so you could remove the sticker
>>
>>58361315
>>
>>58361439
>don't talk to me or my son ever again
>>
>>58361439
That has a fisting hole, right?
>>
>>58361347
Thought it was some shitty joke like polish removed or something.
>>
I know that they come to some of the worst ghettos in LA to convert people and convince them to go back to Utah. One of my dad's friends and his family got converted
>>
>>58361539
Anything is better than LA desu
>>
File: san-diego-mormon-temple21.jpg (146 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
san-diego-mormon-temple21.jpg
146 KB, 1024x768
They built a really nice temple near my neightborhood that looks like a disneyland castle
>>
>>58359335
It's massive around the pacific with all the islanders and kiwis, I'm pretty sure the church pays for their uni
>>
>>58361539
Hopefully they go on to become better people, at least.
>>
I dated a Mormon girl for a while and got really integrated into the family. They were creepy as fuck, really touchy-feely between the four brothers and two sisters. Seemed happy though, even when her sister went all punk Goth rebel they were tolerant as fuck of her antics.
>>
>>58362848
>Really touchy-feely

Yeah, that's what usually throws me off when I interact with a girl's family.
>>
File: lisa hmmm.jpg (110 KB, 509x490) Image search: [Google]
lisa hmmm.jpg
110 KB, 509x490
>>58362009
It looks like you could break bits of it off and dip them in your coffee.
>>
>>58361539
>>58359354
>converting mexicans and niggers to mormonism
Fucking insane protestants

Are religious whitemericans just purely insane and retarded?
>>
>>58362009
It's a nice design but it looks like they constructed the whole thing out of cardboard. Cheap reconstruction of European architecture IMO.
>>
>>58358620
Quakers aren't that weird lad
>>
>>58358777
>They will target all your elderly and women with children.

Naw men, they tend to step off of trying to convert the locals very quickly.. At least here. The Netherlands is too non-religious, and has had too much religious faction and struggle in it's history. The very few people here that are still open to religious or spiritual sentiments, either belong to old-school strict denominations that consider Mormons to be filthy heritics (and are thus unconvertable) or are people with an immigrant background that are used to religious insanity. Mostly Muslims and African immigrants that believe in semi-Christian-voodo-bullshit just like Mormons do.
>>
>>58359745
Have you seen Big Love? I know it's about the Polygamous offshoots but is the culture in the show similar to what went on in your church?
>>
>>58362009
Looks like a Warcraft's building raw model
>>
Basically they look nice but beat the shit out of their kids and wives in their private time.
>>
>>58365905
That's exactly what I thought. You can't live in such a strict way without releasing your stress somehow.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.