[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just a law that countries who speak romance languages have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: SPAPORTemps1500s.png (165 KB, 1537x383) Image search: [Google]
SPAPORTemps1500s.png
165 KB, 1537x383
Is it just a law that countries who speak romance languages have to be shitty at making good colonies?
>>
AFRICA
>>
Hey, French America was kinda cool
>>
every colony where the natives were make up just a tiny portion of the population is pretty good

though thats pretty much limited to britains colonies and quebec
>>
>>58350233
Yes, that's how it works
>>
>>58350208
>wasting your land buy just selling things to redskins instead of moving people there to populate it
Although to be fair I can understand why, if you already lived in France why would you want to move anywhere else?
>>
>>58350450
by*
Confession: sometimes I make typos on purpose just to have a reason to give myself (you)s like this
>>
>>58350450
topkek, nowadays, a shiton of people would leave this country

We're born too late...
>>
File: British Africa.png (28 KB, 1650x1574) Image search: [Google]
British Africa.png
28 KB, 1650x1574
>>58348829
>Is it just a law that countries who speak romance languages have to be shitty at making good colonies?
/thread
>>
No it's due to the fact that English colonies killed their natives.

Spanish colonies just had sex with them, and the French basically just borrowed their land.

The Portuguese had sex with monkeys, and the Italians got their asses kicked by the natives.

Killing natives = good
>>
>>58350522
Give England some credit, nobody could make anything good out of Africa, especially not the Africans.
>>
>>58350522

You mean the good parts of Africa before they let the dindus take over?
>>
>>58350562
So that was their secret...
>>
>>58350703

That's why native americans/canadians are rare as fuck and required to stay in their camps permanently drunk.
>>
>>58348829
none of the french colonies speak french

and macau is good
>>
>>58351126
>none of the french colonies speak french

Err...
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.