[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do Quebec and France think of each other? Are they brothers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: hFBDhgq.jpg (48 KB, 860x860) Image search: [Google]
hFBDhgq.jpg
48 KB, 860x860
What do Quebec and France think of each other?

Are they brothers like Anglosphere countries?
>>
I like Québec...
But if I need to be completly honest I often forget it even exists.
>>
File: 389476954.jpg (28 KB, 650x629) Image search: [Google]
389476954.jpg
28 KB, 650x629
>dat pic
>>
>>58338797
We like them and we support free Quebec.
>>
quebec rioted during WW1 because the canadian government enacted a draft and they refused to go help the french
did the same thing in WW2, too
>>
Quebec shits on France! We shit on all France! Quebec liberation now!
>>
>>58339622
>we support free Quebec
We don't.

>>58339666
You are not Canada, you are Satan and you can't fool us
>>
>>58338797
Quebecois rioted enmasse during conscription for both wars to protect France. We have no love for the failed French republics.
>>
Quebec is a) not a sovereign entity and b) quite small. It would be less like the United Kingdom and the United States or Canada and more like the United Kingdom and New Zealand. The prevailing opinion is likely neither favour nor disfavour, but apathy.

I would imagine that most Frenchmen are only just barely aware that Quebec exists, if they are in fact aware at all, and the /vast/ majority know next to nothing about Champlain or the Quiet Revolution.
>>
How did a French speaking colony end up becoming a British colony?
>>
>>58339965
BONG'D
>>
>>58338797
the french royalty abandoned us, the bonaparte regime sold 80% of our lands in modern usa and the modern weak republics ignored us. there's more love for the uk here than france, especially in the east which is very pro-capitalist and pro-federalism.
>>
people do not realize that we have more entrenched freedom under the uk/canada than we did as a french colony. we have st pierre et miquelon right off the coast and lousiana to the south don't forget. we know the alternatif.
>>
>>58340037
The king did not see the point of emptying his lands to fill another one on another continent, so second choice land and not too many people or investment.

Then we had to fight the entire world at the same time and enlighten humanists philosophers wanted us to loose "empty snow" rather than the sugar islands, where their ships sold their slaves.
>>
>>58340243
Meanwhile Quebec is the richest and has the best standard of living of all ex-french colonies.
>>
>>58340243
Including France itself of course.
>>
>>58339639
>>58339819
Seeing what is France now and imagining what it would have been if the krauts won, I only blame them for not enlisting in the German army.
>>
>>58338797
Swiss and belgians usually really like Quebec.

France-Quebec is a love-hate relationship, pretty much the same as the relations of France with other francophones countries.

I guess that it's similar in the anglosphere with UK, Canada and Australia making fun of the bigger country the USA.

USA = France
Canada = Switzerland
UK = Belgium
Australia = Quebec

Or something like that, at least it's my impression as a Quebecois in Switzerland.
>>
>>58338797
We make fun of their horrible accent and think they're a nice place to go study abroad, that's about it
>>
>>58338797
ぷにぷに
>>
File: quebec map.jpg (480 KB, 1184x1318) Image search: [Google]
quebec map.jpg
480 KB, 1184x1318
>>
>>58340298
The other ones are in Africa, the middle east or in the worst part of Asia.

Vietnam is doing good, but you are the only two exception.
>>
>>58340411
Chicoutimi is best Quebec.
>>
>>58340411
that frozen barren wasteland is home to one of the largest infrastructure projects in human history. a project larger than the entire state of new york. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bay_Project
>>
File: 1461446791510.jpg (494 KB, 1184x1318) Image search: [Google]
1461446791510.jpg
494 KB, 1184x1318
>>58340411
>>
>>58340411
The Eastern Townships are great you shit.
>>
File: vive le quebec libre!.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vive le quebec libre!.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>>58339857
>I would imagine that most Frenchmen are only just barely aware that Quebec exists,
Very honestly your statement actually applies to Canada. When someone in France is speaking about Quebec, he actually means Canada. For most French people, Quebec=Canada. Anglo canada is really irrelevant here, and considered as some sort of wierd and irrelevant mix of all "Anglo-countries".
>>
>>58340373
Pretty accurate desu
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.