[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have ~$13,000 saved up and I'm graduating this May. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 100629_PortugalFan2.ss_full.jpg (71 KB, 1000x699) Image search: [Google]
100629_PortugalFan2.ss_full.jpg
71 KB, 1000x699
I have ~$13,000 saved up and I'm graduating this May.

I want to go to either Portugal or Finland.

From what I know, there is basically only two cities from each country that one can go to from America and feel safe and / or do things.

POR - Lesbon
FIN - Helsinki

Is this true? Also, I don't want to spend more than 4,000 dollary-doos.
>>
I'm fairly sure the entirety of Portugal is safer than the US, just cross the street when you see a nigger (careful, they're harder to spot at night) or a mudslime
>>
Portugal is safe, cheaper and happier. But poorer.

If you like party, friendly people, not spend so much money, then Portugal

If you don't care about money and prefer to be alone and love cold weather then Finland
>>
>>58300064

Dude, I want legitimate answers, not Wikipedia or YT links.

You could call America New Gambia.
>>58300296
Have you ever been there? Are there any particular places where a 5'10', skinny fat 6/10 21 year old would not feel out of place (also my cousin and his girlfriend are coming - he looks a lot like me, she's a redhead).
>>
>>58300296
Remember that we are quite autistic too.
If he is in the party mood it would be better for him to go to Spain
>>
>>58300340
who cares about your physical status
yes i've been there and it's pretty much like spain
>>58300344
I've not noticed that, at least in Lisboa,
>>
File: tommy.jpg (171 KB, 942x1300) Image search: [Google]
tommy.jpg
171 KB, 942x1300
>>58300340
Ok. I'm going to be straight with you.
Portugal has two different regions that are way different from each other (the north and the south)
The north is your typical atlantic climate, lots of greenery, way less touristical and the people are more rude, "traditional", introspective, melancholic yet kinda welcoming to foreigners.
The south, (Lisbon,etc) is better if you want that "partay xD" experience, also it's incredibly touristical and it's more of a cliché. However, if you want that mediterranean climate the south would be your best option.
Your friend's girlfirend will make a lot of success here because people around here are insane about redheads.
>>
>>58300417
>Lisboa

It's normal. Lisboa became a touristical settlement. There's people from literally everywhere around there and it's a meltpot of parties and drunkness.
Outside Lisbon, Portugal is quite a silent country. Only Porto is somewhat more lively
>>
File: 383530.jpg (242 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
383530.jpg
242 KB, 615x410
>>58300530
>>58300344

To be honest, I started this thread because I wanted to know what Portuguese thought about foreigners since we plan to go there. I want to go to Finland, but it was never a real option because it costs more..

That said, we aren't "partayers WHOOO XDXD" but definitely would like to enjoy a Friday / Saturday night in Portugal without being in danger.

Is your water potable? I won't get sick from drinkingyour water will I? No offense.

Also, is that a problem? Willa bunch of Portuguese dudes be eyeing her down? She's actually like a solid 7/10, and I imagine she'd get attention *she may not even go and I might not even have my cousin go - might just be me and another friend or else I won't go*
>>
File: moledo-do-minho.jpg (17 KB, 550x365) Image search: [Google]
moledo-do-minho.jpg
17 KB, 550x365
>>58300687
Lisbon is always dangerous. Rest of the country is incredibly safe. Of course they will eye on your redhead friend but there will be no problem except in clubs and bars where drunken "chads" will try a move with her.
About the tap water... It's usually safe but sometimes you could get unlucky. I advise you to buy bottled water.

Yeah, you seem to be the typical tourist so head south. I'm from the north and i think that you would enjoy the south more since it's more "exotic" and is more lively.

pic related is a town near where i live and this is the typical scenery in the north
>>
>>58300912
Yeah, I mean I have no problem with buying bottled water, just figured I'd ask.
Might consider going to Porto but it's just a compact fishing area so I don't know.
Very nice btw.
>>
>>58300687
>is your water potable?
>said the american with actual lead cancer in the water

kys
>>58300912
>advise you to buy bottled water
vives numa caverna ao pé de uma mina de volfrâmio?
kys pt.2
>>
>>58301160
Go to Porto. It's worth it.

Well, just for you feel the difference this is the traditional music from the north:

(my region)
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vlKfWMBA6g

(northeast, an isloated montainous area with strong pagan roots)
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCutyYrgYOA

The south:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUDqQCzfaPs

(far south)
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7E19Xeah-E

You can notice the cultural difference between the regions
>>
If you want to save your money and enjoy weather, go to Portugal.
>>
>>58301367
>vives numa caverna ao pé de uma mina de volfrâmio?

Não, mas em zonas mais isoladas há pessoal que usa agua do poço e às vezes pode tar com ferro e mal tratado
>>
>>58301464
achas que um americano vais estar numa situação em que vai ter que usar água do poço? Água do poço é para regar.
Da forma como disseste parece que somos um país da américa do sul
estou triggered, sorry

o gajo >>58301160 pena que essa vila da foto é o Porto, autismo total de burger, espero que vá para a Finlândia e que seja violado por árabes.
>>
>>58301457
Yeah, I wasn't really too serious about Helsinki, although I'd love to go there in the middle of summer.
>>58301437
I have to do more research if I am to go anywhere else than Lisbon but it looks really cool and definitely more of a "cultural" destination.

The northern music feels more native Iberian.
>>58301367
Dude, I know our shit is fucked up. We've got fluoride and chlorine in our shit, I drink SmartWater(TM) in the bottle at University and then filter my shit at home.
I also said no offense.
>>
>>58301660
>The northern music feels more native Iberian.

Yes. Altough it's the most forgotten by tourists since it's the less exotic. The south has all that arabic influence that is way more apealing to foreigners and i can understand them.
This is mostly because the north wasn't colonized by arabs and their cultural influence over here was minimal.

Again, if you want a more "european iberia" experience come to the north. If you want all that "moorish iberia" experience go to the south
>>
File: Islam_in_Europe-2010.svg.png (111 KB, 690x600) Image search: [Google]
Islam_in_Europe-2010.svg.png
111 KB, 690x600
>>58300064
>mudslime
>Portugal
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.