[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: facts about your country that foreigners probably don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
ITT: facts about your country that foreigners probably don't know

The brazilian capital has plane format.
>>
The US Government at one time planned a terrorist attack aganist their own citizens and wanted to frame it on Cuba during the Cold Waras an escuse to invade the country.
>>
This country actually exists and has been around for 200+ years
>>
>>58298680
wew

we don't have a "religious" police
>>
>>58298485
Wasn't it a bird?
>>
We sterilized people we didn't deem worthy of procreation under a eugenics program up until 1975.
>>
>>58298956
did it work?
>>
>>58298831
I live in Brasília and most of the people here say that it's an airplane.
>>
>>58298984

Don't know, there's actually a pretty good movie about it though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796236/
>>
>>58298485
We literally lost our Prime Minister once and haven't seen him since.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Holt

>>58298984
Sweden still exists doesn't it?
>>
We are a very decentralized country, things like the health system, the education, justice... aren't a spanish thing, but every region has its own.

There isn't even a "real" communication between these territories irl, the areas between them are in general sparsely populated

Even with the muslim rule it was like that, every "taifa" worked for this own, and it ended in civil war and hate between taifas/regions. We will never change, kek.
>>
>>58298984
Considering modern Sweden, no
>>
>>58299004
It could be both, says Wikipedia
>>
In 1362, the city Rungholt at the North Sea was destroyed by a giant flood. Only few relics have been found and historical records are very rare. Not even many Germans know about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rungholt
>>
The US currently has 11 active aircraft carriers, each with enough air power to rival a small nation. There is currently another 12th being built right now.
>>
>>58298680
>The US Government at one time planned a terrorist attack aganist their own citizen
Yeah, one time.
>>
>>58299401

I wonder how many Germans know Merkel is literally a cancer.
>>
File: viejito.jpg (11 KB, 184x259) Image search: [Google]
viejito.jpg
11 KB, 184x259
>>58298485

Chilean Santa is called "viejo Pascuero" or "old man christmass" as early as 1860 chile already had "viejo pascuero as an important folk figure in the south of the country,German and English toymakers made it popular in the rast of the country, While the rest of latinamerica got the character from spain and portugal, the strange name given to him in chile was an attemp to give a Spanish name to a mix of Father Christmas and Weihnachtsmann, it was never tied to christian traditionsbut mostly pagans. It's one of the reasons chileans don't celebrate el dia de reyes
>>
The Big Mac's secret sauce recipe is just 1000 Island dressing that's lost its bite
>>
File: spurdo.png (13 KB, 528x404) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.png
13 KB, 528x404
>>58298831
>>58299004
>it's a bird
>it's a plane

IT'S SUPERMAN
>>
>>58299477
Our govt is scared of something, man. The building of defenses both against the foreign unknowns and even domestic citizens takes really high priority with them. This is like paranoia tier.
>>
>>58298485
I've heard about this. Government offices and shit are in the cockpit and city industry and stuff is where the engines would be on plane or something, right?
>>
>>58298680
>it didn't happen again i swear !

We have the oldest Torah parchment
>>
>>58298485
we have the second largest EEZ because of oversea territories
>>
>>58300420
The Monumental Axis is the avenue that goes through all the center and where are the ministries, the government buildings and memorials. The South Wing (Asa Sul) and North Wing (Asa Norte) are the boroughs where the major residential and comercial zones are.
>>
>>58298680
Eh, you gotta crack a few eggs to make the omlet
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.