[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else is worried that the Brexit will hamper further development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: lynx-045.jpg (697 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
lynx-045.jpg
697 KB, 1024x732
Who else is worried that the Brexit will hamper further development of Lancaster-House ?
The latest Griffin Strike operation was a great success and it's great to see French and British force, the two strongest militaries, united under the Combined Joint Expeditionary Force.
>>
>>58273071
Brexit's not going to happen but the CJEF and Lancaster House agreement will be strengthened and built-on wherever it happens or not. Makes too much sense not to pursue it.
>>
>>58273071

Nah, it won't change much

VBCI SOON
>>
>>58273512
What's July 2016 like?
>>
>>58273640
Not bad at all, what's it like living in a state of delusion?
>>
>>58273512
Well now that Obama put a strong word in favor of remain and the xenophobic slips of Boris and Nigel that followed, I feel a bit more confident.
But the panama papers had damaged David and he's the main campaigner. As a European I truly hope you will stick with us, we need the UK in or else the Germans and French will do everything their way (ie: forever more regulation).

>>58273625
Didn't know the UK is interested in the VBCI
Do you know how the NeurOn program is doing?
>>
>>58273640
I fear November 2016 far more desu
>>
>>58274534
>But the panama papers had damaged David and he's the main campaigner.
They haven't had much effect on his popularity. Firstly, he hasn't actually done anything wrong. What the Panama papers did is confirm what everyone already knew: Cameron is a privileged toff. That is already baked in to the public's perception of him.

>As a European I truly hope you will stick with us, we need the UK in or else the Germans and French will do everything their way (ie: forever more regulation).

Good to know. I agree, a Franco-German dominated EU makes me shudder. It's vital for Europe that our influence remains.
>>
>>58274829
>It's vital for Europe that our influence remains.
I think so too, at least for the trade area.
On the other hand, deliberate efforts from the UK to sabotage further integration of the EuroZone makes it linger in the Non Optimal Currency Zone which further hurt people.
Maybe we need a political union for the EZ aimed at more federalism, with fiscal transfers and worker mobility and more democracy, and a broader "less is best" trade area with you?
>>
>>58274534
>Didn't know the UK is interested in the VBCI

Yeah, if we buy the VBCI, France has promised to buy our drone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thales_Watchkeeper_WK450

And I've go no idea how the NeurOn project is going on, I bet that's all hush hush for now.
>>
>>58274963
As part of the UK's new deal with the EU negotiated by Cameron, the UK won't block attempts by the Eurozone to further integrate. In return the Eurozone can't force anything on the UK by voting as a bloc against British interests.

But personally I don't think further Eurozone integration can work when the economic policies and politics of the component countries are so different.
>>
>>58275080
Okay, sounds good then.

EuroZone as it is currently is not viable. The ECB is going all out to compensate the structural problems by washing everybody in money and cheap loans but it cannot continue much.
Either we further integrate, which means harmonization of fiscal policies, fiscal transfers across countries and increased mobility of workers or breakdown of the zone.
Politically both are currently impossible so the future looks grim. With some fresh blood and strong reform of the EU toward more democracy the first option might be viable
>>
>>58275003
I am amazed at how close France and the UK militaries are.
Probably because, as the only former global super powers and colonial empires we have the same vision about our global role, especially regarding forces projection.
UK should be a leader and the backbone of the PSDC so other smaller countries can coalesce around , but instead you seem to favour NATO above all.
Maybe if the remain win we could hope further European engagement from your part, maybe built on your partnership with France and the Lancaster-House treaty.
>>
File: uk joint expeditionary force.png (184 KB, 1159x651) Image search: [Google]
uk joint expeditionary force.png
184 KB, 1159x651
>>58275972
>UK should be a leader and the backbone of the PSDC so other smaller countries can coalesce around

But we do things like this already. For example, pic related is a similar idea to the CJEF except it's UK-led whereas the CJEF has joint leadership.

This is completely outside of EU and NATO frameworks
>>
>>58276217
Not exactly, the UK favours bilateral or multilateral cooperation with a set of chosen countries but do not participate in the European defense policy.
You guys actually killed the battle groups by preventing their deployments when they were ready.
I understand how you found of strategic interest to avoid strengthening of the EU as you see it as a vital interest it remains weak, but I cannot help but lament it.
>>
>>58277878
Oh I see what you mean.

Yes, there's an important difference. The UK doesn't like common EU defence because the ultimate conclusion from that is a British military consumed by a larger military and the loss of sovereignty that entails. We don't like the idea of British forces part being part of a larger military that derives most of its force from the continent.

But European defence integration, European but outside the EU, is something the UK supports. This JEF with the Baltics, Netherlands, and Scandis is an example of that. So is the CJEF with France.
>>
>>58278810
As I said I perfectly understand why, with the current views of the UK on EU integration, they want to undermine it.

Yet, especially on the field of combined procurement and further development program, I feel it's the way to go.
I disagree on the fact that a strong European defence would necessarily lead to a dilution of all armies and loss of sovereignty. There are many steps of federalism that need to be done before merging armed in a single European force and the UK won't do any of them.
I see the EU defense more as a pooling structure to share costs effectively for some means that are costly to maintain by each country.
For example projections means, like a fleet of A400m and other transportation planes, AWACS, humanitarian aides supply or even ammos deposits. This would also mean better rentability as they would be used more often and the cost of maintenance spread among various countries. This allows combined purchases that can lead to critical mass for some projects and favour our current industries instead of having various countries buying from different sources.
But even that is too European for you guys unfortunately.
>>
>>58280240
I don't think you are being completely fair. It is possible to pool resources, like you suggest, on a European level but outside of the EU framework. Why are you implying it should be done as part of the EU?

For example, the RAF has a surplus of Voyagers aka A330 MRTTs. So some are being shared with partner countries who need them.
>>
>>58280678
I would return the question, why couldn't it be on European level, it's every bit as valid and there are already many structures and agreements. Having the cooperation at the same level than a major political union makes a lot of sense.
Trying to build other parallel cooperation is a bit of bad faith.

But anyhow we are nitpicking, any kind of cooperation with you is a step forward and pretty needed if Europe wants to stay relevant, especially considering the military rise of Russia or China and the accompanying tensions.
We will need you more than ever.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.