[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pacific Island Nations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: South-Pacific-Countries-Map.jpg (362 KB, 1600x1122) Image search: [Google]
South-Pacific-Countries-Map.jpg
362 KB, 1600x1122
Let's discuss the island nations of the South Pacific. What does /int/ know about this region? It seems like one of the most irrelevant places on Earth from an economic and political point of view.
>>
>>58252071
>It seems like one of the most irrelevant places on Earth
What do you expect? They're all cannibals and bogans. Maybe in 500 years Australians might develop a culture.
>>
>>58252113
go play in traffic
>>
File: CRAWLINGGGGGGG.jpg (5 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
CRAWLINGGGGGGG.jpg
5 KB, 205x246
I WANT TO BE A WORLD FUCKING SUPER POWER WHY THE FUCK ARE WE SELLING OUR LAND AND RESOURCES TO THE CHINKS WE'RE GOING TO LET MORE AND MORE MUSLIMS IN AS WELL (THANKS MELBOURNE) FUCK THIS PIECE OF SHIT!!
>>
polynesia doesn't get mainstream news but politically they are hot because china is trying to buy them all to try and open naval ports in the pacific to rival the US
>>
>>58252146
when WW3 happens in like 50 years you guys are really gonna have it rough
>>
File: arie lurlich.jpg (80 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
arie lurlich.jpg
80 KB, 600x900
>be half white half polynesian
>don't play thugby
>people always ask what I am
>usually guess brazilian, french, italian
>>
>>58252174

The islands we own in the Indian ocean that are near Chinas most important shipping lanes are what would fuck us because America and Britain want to host drone bases there to patrol for """""piracy""""""
>>
economically it's irrelevant except for us, we are borderline relevant as a G20 power (our economy is almost the same size as Russia's haha)

Strategically however some of these islands could be important in a war with China
>>
>>58252071
Pukapuka, Tokelau and Tuvalu should be the same country.
Ceva i Ra should belong to Vanuatu.
The Miranda reefs should belong to Fiji.
Eastern Polynesia should be united under Papeete, but the Marquesas should be independent.
>>
File: fat.png (97 KB, 692x736) Image search: [Google]
fat.png
97 KB, 692x736
they dominate obesity, even americans pale in comparison
>>
>>58252459
Nauru has an average BMI of 35.
>>
>>58252071

...Are all russians as dumb as you or are you an exception? Of course they're economically and politically irrelevant, have you seen the size of them?
>>
>>58252459
Isn't that just genetics?
>>
>>58252555
Technically, it stems from overconsumption of food their bodies aren't adapted to handling. So sugar and fat from newly-introduced western diets cause them to bloat up.
>>
>>58252544
Honk Kong and Singapore are tiny but they're not economically irrelevant. The Vatican is tiny but it's not politically irrelevant. New Zealand however is both.
>>
>>58252625
Ignore poo peelander posts
>>
>>58252625
rofl
>>
>>58252459
>fatgentina
>>
>>58252174
>when WW3 happens

Wars like that will never be fought again
>>
>>58252625
Good one mate, that sheep fucking cunt got fucking rekt
>>
>>58252717
>2045
>China's population has passed 2b
>Economic growth has halted, depriving the CCP of the primary means of justifying its corruption and tight control
>High energy and raw material prices crippling economy, unlivable environment, poverty, massive inequality lead to widespread unrest and anti-government sentiments.
>Government uses age-old tactic of blaming all problems on foreigners and provoking external threats to justify tighter internal controls.

Kind of like today's Russia desu
>>
>>58253001
We'll be able to defeat them with ease though? r-right?
>>
>>58253021
China
+Largest economy
+Huge manufacturing industry, cheap labour, can produce advanced armaments domestically
+Endless population
+Nuclear arms
+Strong propaganda machine
+No western ethics

-Relative lack of experienced military leadership
-Limited martial culture/ethos

Oceania
-Tiny military with limited modern equipment.
-Almost completely reliant on US/EU for advanced armaments
-Defence policy completely based around US support, which is of declining relative power and probably wouldn't get involved for fear of Armageddon.
>>
>>58252625

Refer back to my point about being a retard. You just named two places that have been central business hubs for hundreds of years and one that's the episcopal see of 1.2 billion people. Slightly different to an out of the way island nation, you cock sucking faggot.
>>
>>58253237
They should take Africa instead.
>>
>>58252071
Who cares about political or economical relevance, when you have paradise with blue seas and sunshine?

Would live in/10 tbfh
>>
>>58252146
source? I'd really like to read about that, sounds interesting
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.