[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /never traveled/ here? What is traveling like, do you meet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1411869965937.jpg (230 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1411869965937.jpg
230 KB, 600x600
Who /never traveled/ here?

What is traveling like, do you meet new friends and go on wild adventures? How much money does it cost? Do people travel alone? Is 25 too old to start traveling?

Please respond
>>
>meet new friends and go on wild adventures?
No, most of the time it's backpacking from place to place or getting drunk in a bar, shit you can do back home
>how much money does it cost?
A lot
>is 25 too old?
No
>>
>>58246869
I've never visited another country
>>
>>58247278
same
>>
Ya 25 is too old to start travelling
>>
I've been to Canada twice, d-does that count?
>>
>25

you dun goofed, 18-23 is the best age for travelling. might as wel stay put
>>
To me just going out and riding a bus to some city near mine is a whole new experience. You don't really need to pay thousands of dollars in plane tickets hotels and/or visas.

In your case going for a ride across the USA sounds fun enough to get some good experiences, you could try to look where the foreign tourists frequent and hang out at hostels with them. Travelling doesn't necessarily mean going to bumbfuck nowhere thousands of miles away
>>
I've traveled to Argentina and it was cheaper than travel to the North littoral of MY OWN COUNTRY.
In fact I've expended more traveling to Rio by airplane than going to Argentina and staying for three days

Just fuck me up.

>>58247349
I want to go Ushuaia, my aunt is there and she loved it.
>>
>>58246869
Typically you go from town to town staying in shitty hostels to cut costs (unless you have money or something lol). During the day you visit neat historic sites or whatever you're interested in. During the night you collect some randoms from the hostel and get drunk at a pub or something while hoping people at the hostel aren't stealing your shit.

It can be as expensive or as cheap as you feel like, I know people who hitchhike around the country on next to nothing for weeks at a time.

You can travel alone, sometimes that can be better since you can do whatever you want and you don't have to deal with other people bitching. On the other hand travelling with other people lets you share neat experiences.

Never too old to start travelling m8
>>
who /2poor2travel/ here?
>>
>>58251461
From my experience the ones with less money are the ones that travel the most
Argentineans hippies are flooding my city
>>
I'm in my 30's and i started traveling last year. It's pretty easy and cheap if you do your research.

I'd strongly avoid staying a hostels, you'll just end up meeting riff raff degenerate garbage that are taking a break before joining the suburban graveyard that is life for the majority in western civilization.
>>
>>58246869
Last year I emptied my checking account and travelled through the EU for 3 months. Best 3 months of my life tb honest.

Do it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.