[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Undecided edition In or out? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: brexit-eu-referendum.jpg (455 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
brexit-eu-referendum.jpg
455 KB, 1200x800
Undecided edition
In or out? Why?
>>
buampin
>>
come on you cunts cant have all made up your minds
buuuuampp
>>
I'm torn. Britain is basically the 51st state when it comes to culture, and it has nearly nothing in common with the rest of Europe. It's its own fuckoff island away from the rest of the EU, drives on the left, kept the pound sterling, etc. Switzerland has more in common and it's not even in the EU, special deals aside.

On the other hand, the UK contributes greatly to EU's scientific community. If they left it would be a problem for everyone involved in such communities, and it be very difficult for scientists and engineers to exchange themselves between the EU and the UK. This would be a big problem for human resources and anyone who wants to get a good international career. Not everyone wants to be a nationalist bound to living in the country they were born in. Protip: there are a LOT of opportunities that are only open to EU residents, so if you are young and voting yes for the sake of saying "yeah, we're independent!", you are as foolish as the sixteen-year-old girls who cried after losing the Scottish indyref even though they were about to shoot themselves in the foot by fucking their economy and their future.

t. brit expat
>>
>>58237067
I plan on leaving this dumb country asap being in EU would make it easier for me, if brexit is what is chosen fuck it I'll go to Canada.
>>
File: 1451691509176.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1451691509176.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
Out, because

BELGIUM ISNT
EVEN A
C O U N T R Y
>>
>>58237067
I think they should leave, the EU should have never expanded beyond its original 6 + Austria
>>
>>58238379
Europe has almost nothing in common in the first place.
t. American expat
>>
>>58241409

But its good for all involved
>>
>>58241410
>*buys mcdonalds burger
>>
>>58241655
what?
>>
>>58241655

>mcdonalds is the epitome of american culture
>>
>>58241749
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 600x876) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 600x876
>>58237067
I think we should stay in tbph familam. I was talking with the crew over on /ARA/ and they seem like a great bunch far less antsy and petty then you lot. They also told me that we shouldn't worry about the immigrants as it is greatly exaggerated in the media. Based merkel will sort it out don't worry boys.
>>
>>58241749
it's pretty laughable to identify multinational corporations with one country anyway, let alone equating it's appearance in other countries with cultural supremacy.

Of all the countries I've lived in Europe, the UK is probably the least Americanized, anyway.
>>
I will try to defect to UK if they vote out
>>
BRITS OUT
>>
>>58242098

why do you not like that EU? Is schengen the problem?
>>
>>58242125
I have no problem with schengen, I have a problem with austerity.
>>
They should really leave. The EU is a mess and out of control.
>>
>>58242215

but austerity is not forever. Benefit of a single market are, not sure about the political integration (UK is exempt anyway)
>>
As any level-headed, reasonable, unsheltered, cultured and pragmatic person would, I will be voting to remain.

t. Commonwealth citizen
>>
>>58242299
>but austerity is not forever.
When you are a sovereign nation, not when you are part of EU.
As for the single market, it would have worked better if we had a common currency instead of our actual single currency.
It just doesn't work.
>>
>>58237067

Norway and Switzerland are doing so bad since we are not in the EU...
>>
>>58242656

but you still are in EFTA to access the single market and have to pay membership fees and follow regulations you have no say in and have to be in schengen
>>
File: alex-salmond2.jpg (7 KB, 284x178) Image search: [Google]
alex-salmond2.jpg
7 KB, 284x178
remain

because i want englanders to get butthurt
>>
>>58243066

good lad
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.