[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about the Gallic Empire. Did it accomplish anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: GallicEmpire.jpg (10 KB, 181x238) Image search: [Google]
GallicEmpire.jpg
10 KB, 181x238
Tell me about the Gallic Empire.

Did it accomplish anything ?

What were it's major contributions to European history?
>>
They were anally destroyed by the romans, if that's a contribution.
>>
Nothing, it was a rebellious roman state and nothing more
>>
>>58220310
It got rekt by based Aurelian. How's that for an accomplishment?
>>
>>58220361
>>58220373
>>58220461
Pretty much this
>>
Best Empire ever.
Underrated Empire because we didn't let writing traces.

We sacked Rome and fought with Alexander the Great against Persians, we even set up in Anatolia (Galatia). We had an advanced medicine, were tall compared to Latin dwarves and had glaives. Too bad, we weren't united, so Italians beat us.

Pic related is the reconstitution of a Gallic village.
>>
>>58220828
Gauls =/= Gallic Empire
>>
Why is it called an empire ?

Did they have s government?
>>
>>58221399
Because it's a rump state of Rome.

The previous roman regime was kept the same, they were just regional usurpers, not a different entity altogether.

It only lasted 15 years because thegoths and sassanids were making too much trouble to waste troops on usurpers. As soon as they were pushed back, Aurelian focused on quelling the rebellion in Gaul and in the east and rekt them both in like 2 years.
>>
>>58220310
They weren't an empire they were a subhuman savage """"""""""culture"""""""""""
>>
>>58220881
Italian = ancient Romans
>>
>>58220828
It's not that empire, the gallic empire happened because romans couldn't get their shit together in the 2nd century, also the Capitol was in today Germany, rightful clay desu
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.