[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw we're going to vote to stay in the EU What makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10
File: tfw eu.jpg (56 KB, 335x375) Image search: [Google]
tfw eu.jpg
56 KB, 335x375
>mfw we're going to vote to stay in the EU

What makes you happy, /int/? This makes me happy.
>>
>>58209906
top cuck
>>
>>58209906
I'll be happy with reading the comments on British news portals.

I'm a person that draws energy from butthurt so I'm energized all the time in Poland and it seems I'll get some more from the UK soon.
>>
No, please leave. This "Union" needs to collapse post-haste.
>>
>>58209939
>top cuck
But we're going to be the most populous country and biggest economy in the EU which translates into influence, in fact Britain has already had a massive influence over EU policy since the early 90s (single market and 2004 expansion), so how is that cuck?

Top cucks are the ones who want to cut their dicks off before they can penetrate that continental arse even deeper.

>>58209972
>I'll be happy with reading the comments on British news portals.
The Telegraph, Spectator and Mail will be the most fun. I recommend the drinking game where you take shots when someone says it's rigged.
>>
>>58210018
I agree, the EU is oppressing good old-fashioned American ingenuity. European protectionism has Google in its sights, and if it dissolves now, America will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
>>
File: 1441329653766.png (610 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1441329653766.png
610 KB, 900x900
>>58210135
>tfw a German-Anglo axis of power makes Europe great again

FROGS BTFO
>>
Embarrassing desu

I never understood the whole "give up your nation's independence" meme
>>
>>58210228
>tfw a German-Anglo-Frankish axis of power makes Europe a great muslim land
>ALLAHU AKBAR DERKA DERKA MUHAMMED JIHAD!
Ftfy Ahmed ibn hitler
>>
>>58210211
As if EU technocrats aren't already USA's vassals and take american dick for money. I don't care for your imperialism as long as these traitors in Brussels lose their jobs
>>
>>58210228
>>tfw a German-Anglo axis of power
It's a strong possibility

The French could still push through reforms and recover but gosh they're in a bad state right now.

>>58210246
>I never understood the whole "give up your nation's independence" meme

Except that the fact we're holding this referendum is undeniable proof of Parliamentary Sovereignty being above the EU or anything else. It's the national UK Parliament which chose to do give the British people the option to leave, the precedent has been set, if we leave we'll leave, if we stay then we can leave at ANY point in the future. Especially as Cameron secured an opt-out from ever closer union.

The powers that Parliament has transferred to the EU can be taken back whenever we see fit, we relinquish them now because the NET gain is far bigger than the loss (influence over a continent we've always needed to influence).

It's power politics, pure and simple. I've never understood the whole "I pretend not to understand simple concepts so the /int/ retards like me" meme.
>>
>>58210371
The UK is europe's third fiddle though

You aren't influencing shit
>>
>>58210413
>The UK is europe's third fiddle though
>You aren't influencing shit

Is that so? Then I suppose the Single European Act 1986 which created the Single Market never happened? You know, the thing that made the EU a capitalist wet dream and incorporated fuckloads of the suggestions from the BRITISH 1985 White Paper on creating the Single Market.

I suppose the 2004 eastwards expansion to Eastern Europe to dilute the Franco-German axis never happened? Because without the UK pushing for it, it really would never have happened. The others were worried that expanding into Eastern Europe would create a "wide but shallow" EU, making a federal Europe much harder to achieve. That's exactly what did happen and what Britain wanted.

Why don't you tell us why you're talking about European politics when you're completely ignorant about them?
>>
>>58210662
Bringing up irrelevant graphs and falsely attributing things that happened in the eu to your nation doesn't make Britain not subordinate to France and Germany
>>
>tfw Germany ruined the european dream
>tfw you will never live in a unified democratic european state

; __ ; hold me /int/
>>
>>58210228
Just like how it should have been all along
>>
>>58210777
Interesting... so how are we subordinate to France and Germany again? Is it our membership of the Eurozone, our inclusion in the EU refugee quota policy, or the EU banking union we joined?

OH WAIT

We're not in the Euro and never will be, we opted out of all the refugee sharing shit, and Big Dave vetoed the banking union back in 2011 and it's been dead in the water ever since.

I can keep going. Tell me why France and Germany ceded to almost all of Big Dave's demands in the re-negotiation if we are subordinate to them. Why did they give special protections to the City of London? Why would the French and Germans do that?
>>
File: 1436117118068.jpg (31 KB, 519x514) Image search: [Google]
1436117118068.jpg
31 KB, 519x514
>>58209906
Based Farage calling out the truth about the German menace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbJp8zxduWk

>>58210811
>unified
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>58209906
> britain stays in the EU
> becomes the single largest member
> europe becomes part of the british empire

The downside is, it won't happen this way because all the left-cucks in Britain will constantly whine that Britain can't dominate Europe and needs to make it more equal at its own expense.

On the upside, if Out happens, an Anglo-union isn't unlikely.

Staying in the EU might pay off if Britain can take the position currently occupied by Germany, but we know the modern British and how they're afraid of ever leading anything, because it would look like they have an Empire again.
>>
>>58210811
>ywn live in a white, proud Europa

Just end me already
>>
File: 1444313257512.png (230 KB, 455x443) Image search: [Google]
1444313257512.png
230 KB, 455x443
>>58211079
Yeah, it'll just contribute even more to the "white guilt" if the British Empire oppressed Germany, France and Portugal.
>>
File: eu reality.jpg (142 KB, 1024x752) Image search: [Google]
eu reality.jpg
142 KB, 1024x752
>>58211079
The problem with your analysis is that no single country can truly dominate the EU, a union of 500 million people. Even Germany's economy today is a mere 20% of EU GDP (another way of saying 80% of EU economic activity is not German). German power is wildly overestimated here.

>if Britain can take the position currently occupied by Germany
We'd have to adopt the Euro, which thankfully we never will. Germany is very integrated into all EU structures which brings benefits but also big disadvantages, and too much loss of sovereignty.

Have you seen the news in Germany lately? Senior German politicians are constantly bitching because the Italian head of their central bank won't do what they want, and they're utterly powerless to stop him. It's sad and not something I want for us.

I am happy with the British "semi-detached" membership. It means less (but increasing) influence, but also less exposure to bad continental ideas and independence in the vital areas.
>>
>>58210371

If you don't vote out you can say goodbye to the sovereignty you have left
>>
>>58211319
>If you don't vote out you can say goodbye to the sovereignty you have left

Why is that?
>>
>>58210286
Will you join us, my moorish brother?
>>
File: HRE.png (23 KB, 590x459) Image search: [Google]
HRE.png
23 KB, 590x459
>>58211276
I swear, the EU is a modern HRE.

I'd fucking leave. It's too much hassle having other people's fingers deep in your affairs.
>>
>>58210286
Why the hell is Spain so goddamn weak. You guys used to basically rule the world, and look at you now. You're behind Germany, Britain, France and Italy, and you might even be overtaken by Poland soon. Pathetic.
>>
>>58211412
>I swear, the EU is a modern HRE.
The HRE shouldn't be used as an analogy for anything except the HRE. The EU is nothing like it.

> It's too much hassle having other people's fingers deep in your affairs.
They can't get too deep, we're not integrated enough. And it's too useful being able to influence continental affairs. This is something the UK, and previously England, has tried to do since the 12th century.

If you can't influence continental affairs then they will influence us.
>>
>>58211344

Because E.U law over rides British law. And this is the one and only chance Britain has to become sovereign again.
>>
>>58211549
is this true? EU law actually has precedence over national laws?
>>
>>58211549
>Because E.U law over rides British law
Only for as long as the British Parliament wishes it to. If the situation becomes a net negative, we can leave the EU at any point in the future. Why do you think we can never have another referendum? The European Referendum Act 2015 has set a precedent.

Scroll up and re-read my post on Parliamentary Sovereignty.
>>
>>58211079
why dont you join EU instead?
>>
>>58211628
>is this true? EU law actually has precedence over national laws?

You realise international treaties and laws have precedence over US national laws as well?

What is the WTO?

Do you think your Congress has any say in the deployment of the US military if Russia attacks Turkey? They don't. Unless they decide to withdraw from NATO. Which is exactly my argument about the UK and EU.
>>
>>58211697
Yes, but, I never realized the European Union had those kinds of sweeping powers. I thought it was just for making travel between the nations easier, and trade more direct
>>
File: 1446859881832.jpg (90 KB, 951x840) Image search: [Google]
1446859881832.jpg
90 KB, 951x840
BTW isn't it really fucking obvious that surrendering the sovereign use of your nation's military is a much more serious pooling of sovereignty than what you lose as an EU member state?

Don't these posters >>58211549 >>58211628 understand NATO?
>>
>>58211792
The EU's powers are to do with trade regulation, workers rights etc. It's about having a big single market to sell goods into. You need harmonisation of rules in order to make that work.

Of course the people who make these EU rules are the national leaders, and nothing is agreed unless it's a compromise.
>>
>>58211628

Yes the European Union parliament can over ride any British law
>>
>>58211793

Nato is a military alliance they can't make up laws that can be enforced.
>>
>>58211890
>Yes the European Union parliament can over ride any British law

Erm, no, they can't. The EU Parliament isn't even the decision-making body of the EU.

>>58211929
>Nato is a military alliance they can't make up laws that can be enforced.

NATO means the deployment of the US military is decided by foreign countries, rather than the US government. Also EU laws are violated all the time, ignoring EU law is a proud European tradition stretching back several decades.
>>
>>58211007
>Absolutely disgusting.
It would be a federal state ;_;
It could've been perfect
>>
>>58210286
t. Al-Andalus
>>
>>58211987

First yes they can

Second Nato is a U.S backed alliance it falls apart without us and if someone in it gets attacked we have a treaty to uphold. We aren't backstabbers
>>
>>58211507
It's the opposite, ignorant. We are going to overtake Italy and I bet that in 20-30 years France also.
>>
>>58211628
Directives are suggestions and member states decide themselves how to implement them. EU doesn't have laws per se.
>A directive is a legal act of the European Union,[1] which requires member states to achieve a particular result without dictating the means of achieving that result. It can be distinguished from regulations which are self-executing and do not require any implementing measures. Directives normally leave member states with a certain amount of leeway as to the exact rules to be adopted. Directives can be adopted by means of a variety of legislative procedures depending on their subject matter.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directive_%28European_Union%29
>>
>>58211628
It's complicated

>>58211890
pls no misinformation in 4th Reich threads
>>
>>58211007
>merkal cant handle the banter
>>
>>58212035
>First yes they can
You're saying the EU Parliament can override ANY British law. Think about what you're saying. It's so fucking stupid, you can't seriously believe yourself.

> if someone in it gets attacked we have a treaty to uphold
EXACTLY. An INTERNATIONAL TREATY. The USA is voluntarily giving up some sovereignty in order to achieve a net benefit. And you are criticising other countries for doing this.

>We aren't backstabbers
Ahahaha, holy shit. I bet you sincerely believe that.
>>
Wouldn't expect anything else. Scots said they didn't want freedom and now Englishmen will say the same.
>>
>>58212044
Yes it is also worth noting that member states can be dragged in front of the European Court of Justice if they are to violate european law, the directives and treaties are not just paper tigers
>>
If britain leaves EU all the eastern europeans should leave it, right?
>>
>>58212136
No not really again NATO isn't forced or overbearing like the Lisbon Treaty.

And yes we aren't backstabbers
>>
>>58211890
>Yes the European Union parliament can over ride any British law

No. The parliament of the UK is sovereign and can't be subjugated by another legislative body unless the constitution of the UK is changed. All legislation that comes from the EU has to be passed through the Westminster Parliament before it takes effect in the UK.

>>58211987
>Erm, no, they can't. The EU Parliament isn't even the decision-making body of the EU.

What do you mean? The EU Parliament plays a major part in most legislation. Legislative proposals on most policy areas have to go through three rounds in the EUP.
>>
>>58212190
yes, and join glorious mother russia
>>
>>58212150
Yeah, I agree it doesn't end there if you don't implement something. However that legal battle can go on for a long time if for example the member state claims its laws are in harmony with the directive.

On the other hand directives are literally paper tigers since there isn't any EU army to come and enforce the law.
>>
>>58212209
>No not really again NATO isn't forced or overbearing like the Lisbon Treaty.
You are denying that the US gave up some sovereignty by joining NATO. Again, NATO means that the deployment of the US military is decided by foreign countries.

>And yes we aren't backstabbers
Read up on the McMahon Atomic Energy Act 1946. The part where the US backstabs Britain, breaking a promise made by a US President.

>>58212215
>What do you mean? The EU Parliament plays a major part in most legislation. Legislative proposals on most policy areas have to go through three rounds in the EUP.

The European Commission is the executive, it implements decisions. Legislative proposals do go through the EP but actual proposal and implementation is the province of the EC.
>>
>>58211631
If the masses vote no now what makes you think they'll vote yes in the future?
Most people vote no just to stay in a group, regardless of the consequences.
>>
>>58211007
Merkel's face is priceless
>>
>>58211890
>>Yes the European Union parliament can over ride any British law

the EU parliament can't even indtoduce laws dipshit
>>
>>58212410
The masses will vote to leave in the future if they dislike the EU enough to leave. Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty and the principle demonstrated by holding this referendum, regardless of the outcome, means we can leave if we want to.

If the masses vote to remain then clearly people don't dislike the EU enough to say goodbye. Maybe they will in the future. Depends on how the EU changes.

Technically we don't even need a referendum to leave. A British government that commands a majority in the Commons could leave with a single Act of Parliament. For example a UKIP majority government (haha) might do that.

But these days governments like to have the democratic mandate of a referendum for these really big decisions. For example, Tony Blair was playing with the idea of joining the Euro, but he would have held a referendum for it (and we would have said "nope")
>>
>>58209906
t. Rashreed Hussein Obama
>>
>>58210371
>cameron secured

Shill spotted.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.