[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that modernism and postmodernism are the worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7
File: 11.jpg (219 KB, 1175x431) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
219 KB, 1175x431
Daily reminder that modernism and postmodernism are the worst things that ever happened to humanity. They are a blight on good taste and elegance, quite literally the cancer of art and architecture.

We could still live in gorgeous, magnificent buildings like pic related, but noo, the worst frauds - oops, I meant "artists" - in history had banded together with the sole purpose of destroying everything that holds value and might be pleasing to somebody aesthetically. It'll take literally centuries to get rid of all the garbage and human excrement they piled upon us.
>>
File: REPIN_Ivan_Terrible&Ivan.jpg (837 KB, 2992x2328) Image search: [Google]
REPIN_Ivan_Terrible&Ivan.jpg
837 KB, 2992x2328
>>58205247

Is there any specific reason why art went downhill after the mid-late 19th century?

You look at the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood and then you look at what 20th century people painted and its just shit...

Its like that old excuse "its my style".

> BUT PICASSO

Picasso is shit and you know it.

Same goes for all this people

van Gogh
Henri Matisse
Joan MirĂ³
Monet
Pollock
Warholl

Pic not related.
>>
File: Viktor-Yanukovych_2832109b.jpg (90 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Viktor-Yanukovych_2832109b.jpg
90 KB, 620x387
>>58205247
>We could still live in gorgeous, magnificent buildings like pic related

Well, some of us do - but Anon, we cannot be all rich.
>>
>>58205389
>Is there any specific reason why art went downhill after the mid-late 19th century?

Muh special snowflake syndrome, definitely. "Look at me u guise, I'm so originul and unique! All those other styles are old and booring" "So who cares if 5 years old paint better than me, it's art, I don't have to explain shit" and all those retards lapped it all up and it spread like wildfire to other areas.
>>
File: 7185718.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
7185718.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>Modernism is bad
>>
File: KANO-image-10.jpg (504 KB, 2048x1359) Image search: [Google]
KANO-image-10.jpg
504 KB, 2048x1359
>Art is supposed to conform to my opinion
>>
>>58205389
>monet
>shit
kys
>>
>>58205905
woah i have that sword
>>
File: asd34345.jpg (1 MB, 1920x792) Image search: [Google]
asd34345.jpg
1 MB, 1920x792
>>58205931

>everything is subjective

>>58205959

SO DEEP :DDD
>>
File: eyes-pop-out.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
eyes-pop-out.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
>>58205931
>that post
>that picture with that hideous dragon looking like this guy

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>58206022
The left one is so depressive I think it could be used to kill people.

>>58205657
'K, so seriously: the photography was the reason. They taught me this in my high school: it's all because of technology.

They couldn't compete with the machine, they didn't want to work as retouchers, and they went all butthurt towards bourgeois who preferred photos over portraits - so they found the way to "express themselves". They didn't fall to the muh special snowflake syndrome, as you genuinely called it, but they actually invented it, my boy, they invented it.

I don't think there's any ayy lmao species which didn't go through this shit.

And still, we cannot be all rich. There must be some means to show the social status that even the dumbest hung Aryan could get that he is poor.

Now go out and hit some pole, you know you need it.
>>
>>58205247
Fuck off uneducated cunt. Learn some art history and you'll see how it's all reactionary. Read some relevant literature on the subject then shitpost that way you can at least be an educated faggot.
>>
>>58206022
what is the painting on the left
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.