[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you voting in out out? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13
File: Brexit.jpg (4 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
Brexit.jpg
4 MB, 4288x2848
Are you voting in out out? Why?
>>
>>58168832
Please don't leave us with the frenchies and germans
>>
File: mon1.png (489 KB, 300x738) Image search: [Google]
mon1.png
489 KB, 300x738
you'll chicken out
>>
>voting
>>
out
>>
>>58168832

Please just leave.
>>
EU is just a burden for UK. You should just leave and take necessary measures while there is time
>>
>>58169601
Sorry but you're not allow to talk about europe.
>>
>>58168832
In because I'm not a blind nationalist.
>>
>>58169646
t. Red Ed
>>
>>58169633
Why not Europe's fate is practically in the hand of Turkey
>>
File: 1452730205396.png (246 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1452730205396.png
246 KB, 550x535
In so they don't kick me out
>>
File: pepecrying.jpg (46 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
pepecrying.jpg
46 KB, 612x612
>>58169816
>tfw I realised I can't vote
>>
>caring about what yurocucks get up to
do people really do this?
>>
vote out so this shitty union can finally collapse
>>
In, sometime in the near future you too will be glad to be on the correct side of the fourth Reich.
>>
>>58169937
>caring what the largest economic power on the world is doing
Sure, who needs the EU.
>>
>>58169646

it isnt even about nationalism
its just the economically and policially sound thing to do
>>
pls stay
>>
Can someone redpill me on the entire situation
>>
File: download.jpg (156 KB, 1160x629) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
156 KB, 1160x629
>>58169787

Wow that comic is so deep

What does it all mean
>>
The truth is if UK votes out, they would probably do us all a great favor.
EU as it is doesn't seem to work properly, and for now we can't fix it.
We need a way out.
>>
>>58168832
Voting out because the region I live in (NI) gets less representation in the European parliament than Cyprus, despite having twice as many people

Wouldn't even be a problem if we were just under direct rule from Westminster, fuck devolution and god bless Edward Carson
>>
>>58171290
What's your economic rationale? Aside from 'muh regulation' I haven't heard any good economic from out and every econometric analysis I've seen has given like -5% off GDP
>>
>>58171465
Your wife likes my dick so much she can't decide whether she wants it to stay inside her or to pull out so I can cum on her face
>>
>>58171465
Staying in the EU gives us easy access to and a say in the largest single market and provides many economic benefits
>>
>>58171465
Tl:dr, it gives us trade and investment which is good for the economy but people don't like it because of mass immigration and the fact it's undemocratic. That's basically it and nearly all the public discourse is just arguement over details
>>
>>58171625

Why do out voters say "we can negotiate a trade deal with the EU afterwards". Why do they still want a deal with the EU? see >>58171658
There are counties not in the EU that still have agreements with the EU (eg Norway which is part of the EEC) to access it. They still have to pay fees and have to follow rules they don't have a say in (being part of the EU, we have a say in what we and the EU follow).
Worst of all, the EU will insist we join schengen when we go to try and negotiate something (like Noway and the EEC)
>>
>>58171708

>because of mass immigration
but isnt the UK full of pakis and indians ? did those come from inside the EU ?
>>
>>58171625

5% is huge
>>
>>58171925
I was asking for the postives of leaving lad. I've flirted with leave but I really don't think EU migration is a bad thing, and whilst I don't really like the EU as an institution i really know want the economy to take a massive knock at the point I'm trying to find a graduate job
Too bad we're probably gonna be voted out by a load of old bastards who'll be dead in 20 years
>>
File: heh mon ami.png (6 KB, 364x313) Image search: [Google]
heh mon ami.png
6 KB, 364x313
>>58168906
>a
>FRENCH
>king
>>
>>58171999
Yeah that's why I think the agro is kind of dumb. We do have like 300,000 EU migrants a year but I like Europeans and they assimilate here fine or just go home when they're done working, plus we still have like 300,000 a year of non-EU migration our government is doing fuck all about, that's a much bigger issue imo.

But people as a general rule are stupid. I asked my mother why she was so dead set against staying and she said 'do you want this country to be overrun by pakis'.
I tried telling her that that isn't an EU issue and that leaving would damage the economy but she didn't want to here it. I thought she might listen to me since I'm an economics student but alas..
>>
>>58172046
Yeah from a single policy it's fucking massive. So much of UK investment is foreign investment from Europe mane
>>
>>58172183
No one cares that you are an economics student.

Your mother is right but she doesn't know why. In less than a decade all of the people Merkel invited will have EU passports. Do you want them to be able to live in your country and bleed it dry?
>>
>>58172226
Do you believe that all trade with Europe and European business will cease?

There is some bizarre trend among young people where they think EU = Europe and only the EU is responsible for anything positive on the continent. Its been around in its current form for half a century. Europe has functioned for thousands of years.

Vote out so the whole thing collapses.
>>
>>58168906
>*slurp slurp* YES!
>>
Genuinely don't know. On one hand, the EU has many benefits for me personally (easy travel, opportunity to study/work abroad, etc), and it seems to be working out ok economically seeing as we are still one of the world's richest countries. On the other hand, it's becoming increasingly undemocratic and seems to be leading us to a 'United States of Europe' situation, whereas I would prefer all countries in the EU to remain more separate and unique. Voting out seems like the riskier move, but also the more sensible one.

Also, another reason to vote out is ex-gf who broke my heart might get kicked out if we leave the EU. She moved to UK about 8 years ago from a poorer EU country - anyone know if that's enough to get permanent residency, or can Farage still send her packing?
>>
>>58172276
We already have 300,000 a yeah of non-EU migrants. That basically is the equivalent of a massive chuck of the 'Syrians' from Germany coming over here and the government isn't doing anything about it.
I don't like it but my country is never going to stop importing Pakis. The conservatives will cos it's good for business and labour will because they're guaranteed votes.
If we leave we'll just be swapping Poles for Pakistanis and I know who I'd prefer

And it would damage the economy imo, probably not as much as some 'I meta' claim but still a substantial amount
>>
>>58172420
*'inners'

>>58172370
>do I believe trade was Europe would cease
Do, I'm not a fuckwit
>do I like tariff and barriers against the trade in services and cross-border investment
Yes

There doesn't seem to be any solid economic argument for leave, just claiming that the reduction in trade 'won't be that bad' isn't a positive in itself
>>
>>58172420
>300,000 people from around the world is an issue
>3 million "germans" with full rights to benefits and residence in your country isn't
>>
>>58172510
*no, I meant to but, I don't like trade barriers
>>
>>58172068

The main argument i heard was that it gives us a lot more freedom and flexibility with who we trade with, since we are on our own instead of as a group of 28. Instead of trading as a bloc of 28, we trade with who we want. We are more dynamic because we dont have all the red tape from brussels deciding everything down to how powerful our fucking toasters and vacuum cleaners are. I havent read much against these arguments (I havent really looked at the leave side...) but:

Outside of the EU, you would have to go through the process of meeting EU standards as well as those abroad, and have no say in them either. Also the EU (508 million) would probably be better at getting good deals than britain (64 million)
>>
>>58172510
If it was a sound economic idea the Swiss, Norweigans, Liechtenstein and Monaco would have joined.

Instead it is most enthusiastically supported by people who lived under Communism or Fascism for decades.
>>
>>58172543
>implying those 3 million are moving here any time soon
>implying that those 300,000 aren't just the flow from a pool of hundreds of million
Non-EU migration is happening whether we stay in or out, I'm still not seeing your point. Your German boogeyman doesn't trump all the good reasons to stay
>>
>>58172598
That's still not an arguement for leaving lad
>>
>>58172685
You should never have joined in the first place.
>>
>>58172409
>On the other hand, it's becoming increasingly undemocratic

probably the opposite, i think we have to have a referendum on any new laws or something , ill try find a link

also, our boy dave recently negotiated:
>It is recognised that the United Kingdom, in the light of the specific situation it has under the Treaties, is not committed to further political integration into the European Union.
>...the references to ever closer union do not apply to the United Kingdom
>>
>>58172733
Ah, so you don't have a sound economic arguement for leaving? Thought so
>>
>>58172804
This tbf, we have so many fucking exemptions at the minute, I honestly think we're in the best position possible
>>
>>58172088
>an italian emperor
>>
File: laughing ed.png (26 KB, 726x526) Image search: [Google]
laughing ed.png
26 KB, 726x526
>>58169646
>In because I'm not a blind nationalist.
ok ed
>>
>>58172865
Napoleon is not even our best ruler
>>
>>58172598
>Swiss, Norweigans, Liechtenstein and Monaco

They are part of the EEC, because they still want access to dat sweet sweet largest single market. Someone like norway does not want to be part of the CFP since fishing is a big thing for them. The UK economy is advanced and service based anyway. EEC still have to pay fees and follow certain EU laws and regulation, and have to join schengen. The UK population will NEVER agree to schengen my friend
>>
>>58172907
>The UK population will NEVER agree to schengen my friend
Why not, if one might ask?
>>
File: 1417304081699.jpg (41 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1417304081699.jpg
41 KB, 550x535
>if you leave the EU, Europe will refuse to trade with you on principle, even though it's in both of your best interests to buy and sell goods to each other
Do out voters really believe this?
>>
>>58172961
Are you confused lad? That sounds like something in voters might believe.

But anyway, no one thinks that, fuck off with your straw man arguement
>>
i kinda want UK to leave just so Scotland would become independent in ~8 years and join the EU and that we can get rid of the british "muh special rights for everything" attitude

you little faggots are just as bad for the EU as the balkan shithole countries
>>
>>58172370
>Europe has functioned for thousands of years.
Yes but before we were raging war against each other constantly
>>
>>58171474
My interpretation
Europe starts losing member states as refugee crisis grows.Both Turkey and Europeans get more authotatiran against them.Fences are built to discourage and turn the tide back.
>>
>>58168832
I'm voting out
>>
>>58172940
the people fear immigration too much and think the only immigrants arriving will be from romania or some other eastern euro country where benefits here will make them ten times as much money

this """fear""" could easily be alleviated through still providing some level of benefits whilst in low payed employment like a negative income tax

>>58173031
if the UK leaves then there's grounds for a second referendum on the spot, and scots are very pro-EU, I could very easily see a situation where the UK leaves and Scotland splits off to remain in the EU.
>>
>>58172961

No country has ever left the EU. To avoid setting a good leave precedent the EU will make life difficult. Whats would the point of the EU be if the UK starts doing great and the EU gives us all these free trade agreements and exemptions?
>>
>>58173022
To be fair, I keep hearing the argument 'the EU supplies 57% of our trade' - implying that the UK would lose 57% of our trade if we left the EU.
>>
>>58173128
i think it was
50% of UK exports go to the EU
10% of EU exports go to the UK
>>
>>58173031
The UK is the third-biggest contributor to the EU.
>>
>>58172907
pick EFTA instead
>>
>>58173475

yea sorry, Ive said EEC four times in this thread
embarrassing :/
>>
Voting out, but my head says we will probably stay in. I go in with low expectations so I can't be disappointed.
>>
File: just fuck my hegemony up fam.jpg (405 KB, 954x609) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my hegemony up fam.jpg
405 KB, 954x609
In. Europe has to either unite, or face becoming irrelevant. I don't want to see the day my country is overtaken by Nigeria.
>>
>>58172961
It's in Europe's best interest to not disintegrate.
>>
>>58168832

I'm voting IN because I like having an EU passport

try and stop me
>>
>>58168832
I'm from Belfast; voting to stay in so that England gets overrun by migrants.
>>
>>58173660
That chart is bullshit and you know it.

Nigeria can never overtake any european country.
That chart implies that they have like 700 million niggers but I doubt they can sustain that.
>>
File: brexxy.png (92 KB, 1040x818) Image search: [Google]
brexxy.png
92 KB, 1040x818
It's pretty obvious the remain campaign will win, the 'online polls' are pretty useless since you sign yourself up to take the poll instead of random selection
Getting out of the EU would really be in the best interests of UK citizens though, it is a huge disadvantage when trading outside the EU because the EU hasn't agreed on trade deals with major countries (what the fuck is the EU for?) and the UK could hammer these out in a couple of years just like Australia has done with the US, China, Japan etc.
unfortunately the UK media is incredibly biased, just google 'brexit' and the first article is always about the world ending if the UK was a sovereign nation again
>>
>>58174520
Nigeria has a massive population and massive potential, it certainly could overtake European nations. It's a bad example because the other brit tried making it out to be some random shithole (it is right now) with no future.

>>58174832
Negotiating as a bloc of 500mil is probably better
>>
>>58173660
5 euro's have been deposited into your account
>>
OUT
>>
File: 5345234563.png (42 KB, 752x590) Image search: [Google]
5345234563.png
42 KB, 752x590
>>58175297

>This is Nigeria's export

Oil prices are dropping and they didn't diversify their economy so far. This will just rise poverty

Also corruption worst than Brazil,

Brain drain since most that graduate from a higher education tend to leave.

Ethnic conflicts that just destroy economies if they are bad enough like Ukraine

It may have the population but it cannot rise like India or China.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.