[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that if your country isn't at least 1/3 fedora
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 19
File: Atheism.png (152 KB, 904x665) Image search: [Google]
Atheism.png
152 KB, 904x665
Daily reminder that if your country isn't at least 1/3 fedora the it's literally third world
>>
>>58163484
feels good paki
>>
>>58163484
disgusting desu
>>
File: fedora.jpg (36 KB, 474x528) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
36 KB, 474x528
Daily reminder that using the "fedora" meme makes you the intellectual equivalent of a creationist.
>>
Filthy infidels ruining my continent
>>
Daily reminder that the church lobbies the government to take in more refugees, and that's why Minnesota has so many Somalis. Daily reminder that the Church encouraged African nationalism & resistence to colonialism. Daily reminder that the Bible literally prohibits being against race mixing (Numbers 12). Daily reminder that the Bible says to love your enemy and pray for those that persecute you. If you have any moderately sympathetic views to /pol/, Christianity is the absolute worst religion for you.
>>
>>58163484
I see correlation between fedorafaggotry and cuckfaggotry
>>
>>58163484
>the most fedora countries have the most muslims
europe is lost inshallah
>>
Goddamn in the case of France it's the fault of Paris, no jokes!
>>
>>58163484
everytime i see this kind of statistic i can't believe it.

there's no way italians are so religious, times have changed: the pope is a showman and people are christians only "when it's convenient"
>>
>>58163717
Fedoratry, Christianitythey're both hopeless lifestyles
>Fedora: watching MLP
>Christianity: The pope said Jesus wants me to marry a 30 year old and take care of her sons and that borders are racist
>>
File: 1439226806047.jpg (615 KB, 1300x2131) Image search: [Google]
1439226806047.jpg
615 KB, 1300x2131
>>
People here only go to church at Christmas or when someone dies.
>>
>>58165769
This.

>>58167361
Sadly.

>>58167636
Pope =/= Christianity
Even the pope =/= Catholicism now

Besides. ORTHODOXY.
>>
>>58167732
Orthodox countries have high divorce rates and high abortion rates, they have other problems not as apparent. You're dumb.
>>
>>58167703
I'm atheist and i'm not like this kind of people.

I didn't know believing in the theory of evolution, knowing YHWH is a pagan canaanite god, having a vision of "God" like a universal motor that my fives human senses can't perceive make me a faggot or a liberal.
>>
>>58167893
Blame communism that they've not caught up as much. Russia's abortion rate has decreased. You're a nigger.
>>
>>58163484
france more atheistic than sweden estonia czech? you wot?
>>
>>58167901
>I'm atheist and i'm not like this kind of people
That's because it's a smear campaign trying to shame people back into line. American religious organizations make billions every year, so they'll do whatever it takes to keep the money flowing.
>>
File: 1460191915048.jpg (73 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1460191915048.jpg
73 KB, 450x450
>>58163484
>Sweden
>France
>Czech Republic
>Netherlands
>>
>>58168109
exactly dude..
thread full of butthurts like >>58167893 and >>58167970 and sockpuppets.
divorces are wrong, better outlaw them amirite
>>
Ah, the "lumières" and the revolutionaries...thanks for the free fedoras <3
>>
>>58168109
One of their regular arguments is pretending non-religious have not values.

so this people are actually implying they needs to believe in a threating god for acting like good persons and not become mad psychopats or sexual perverts?
>>
>>58168109
You do realize being religious =/= going to church, right? Not going to church is one thing, but declaring yourself to be better and smarter than 2,000 years of western civilisation is another.
>>
>>58167970
Yea you're dumb as fuck. Your position is "Orthodox" isn't as degenerate as western Christianity yet. Orthodox, Catholicism, Protestant they're all effeminate institutions for cucks. Good luck finding your future Christian wife. She's probably in the men's restroom in a nightclub with a mouth full of cock that you're going to kiss. lol
>>
Anyway most of """"religious"""" in 4chan are actually forced /pol/-tier knight templar christians mixing their shit with white supremacy and crusade/race war memes.
>>
>>58167703
that's funny because everybody is atheist here an I havent seen any of those type of people.
Fuck off amhed, nobody like religions.
>>
>>58168202
If I wasn't religious, I'd have the morality of Hitler and Stalin, desu
>>
>>58168278
>Anyway most of """"religious"""" in 4chan are actually forced /pol/-tier knight templar christians mixing their shit with white supremacy and crusade/race war memes.
nice projection
you realize you people are actually a fairly small minority even in most of Western Europe, right?
>>
>>58168239
>You do realize being religious =/= going to church, right?

No eggs & ham, i'm sorry, believing in god doesn't make you religious, a religion is an organization, so to be religious you need to go to church and practive every rituals, that are the basis of every theism.
>>
>>58168239
You do realize being Christian =/= Jewish, right? Believing in Jehovah is one thing, but declaring yourself to be better and smarter than 1,000 years of Jewish civilisation is another.
>>
>>58168328
That's not because a majority of people are dumb that they are right you know?
>>
File: 1454612668266.png (60 KB, 776x723) Image search: [Google]
1454612668266.png
60 KB, 776x723
>>58168360
>No eggs & ham, i'm sorry, believing in god doesn't make you religious, a religion is an organization, so to be religious you need to go to church and practive every rituals, that are the basis of every theism.
>Source: my butthole

>>58168377
not an argument
>>
File: 1461100216279.jpg (18 KB, 353x334) Image search: [Google]
1461100216279.jpg
18 KB, 353x334
>>58168404
>everybody's unenlightened but me
For people that continue to bitch and moan about the fedora meme you sure play into it every chance you get.
>>
File: V__D5D8.png (448 KB, 720x718) Image search: [Google]
V__D5D8.png
448 KB, 720x718
>>58168436
>You do realize being Christian =/= Jewish, right? Believing in Jehovah is one thing, but declaring yourself to be better and smarter than 1,000 years of Jewish civilisation is another.

>not an argument

>You do realize being religious =/= going to church, right? Not going to church is one thing, but declaring yourself to be better and smarter than 2,000 years of western civilisation is another.

>an argument
>>
>>58168436
Man seriously, the Theistic philosophy is actually that, they believe in a personnificate unique entity and this entity is represented by a human organization in earth.

you are supposed to acting in community with this people, practice all rituals, feasts, customs and go to the temple, with also a hierarchy in the religious organization.

you find that stupid? so you aren't religious, also religion are not based only on one sacred book with paranormal stuff but also on many other laws books, written by humans.
>>
>>58167703

>"Niggers"
>Atheists

You do realize Blacks are more religious than White people, right?
>>
>>58168239
Yeah, I realize that. But do you realize that being an atheist != being a leddit /r/atheism cuck? I don't declare myself smarter or better than religious people. I just don't think that there's a god. I don't kill babies or indulge in decadent behavior, I wish there were less divorces and abortions (though I'm not against them being legal options). I don't go around trying to convert people, in fact I hardly ever speak about it because I firmly believe that it's up to each and everyone to decide for themselves.
>>
>>58168476
Again Fish & Chips, your only argument is the fact that a majority of people believe in that.

so you what the deal? if one day Islam become the religioun practiced by the majority of people on this planet, you probably start to pretend they are right just because a lot of people are muslims?
>>
>>58168436
Okay, let me find the O in the can of Spagehetti-Os for you.

>Appeal to tradition
>Moral high ground

Is not an argument.
>>
>>58168559
Copypasting people's posts and replacing random words with "Jewish" just isn't an argument, sorry. There isn't really any way around that.

>>58168561
I only ever said anything about regular church attendance. community, prayer, feasts, and Bible reading are important. Also I think you are pretty much only talking about Catholicism, of which I adhere to, but is far from the only form of Christianity in existence.

>>58168598
Fair enough.

>>58168620
I wasn't using that as an argument. I was just responding to the appeals to popularity that fedoras constantly make in these threads ("lol everybody I know is an atheist" despite maybe 20% of people in most of these countries actually being such)

>>58168654
Never took a moral high ground, in fact I am extremely liberal on social issues. If you don't think tradition is important, though, enjoy being a boring, cultureless, aimless, and sterile person.
>>
>>58168805
In the end, you're just a fedora wearing anti fedora

Get lost
>>
>>58168805
At least every abrahamic religion is the same thing.

they are all organized community, and they fight each others when they have differents interests, they have actually the same god but not the same practices, so just believing in a god related to religion don't make you religious, because you are not part of a religious community.

I think you are more interested on the philosophic or surnatural part of that, the problem is those books were made to be used by religious organizations.

they are separated texts on the first basis but compilated into a unique canon by some religious organization for creatie some logical coherency, one exemple is the famous council of nicea.
>>
File: 1460658748599.jpg (20 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
1460658748599.jpg
20 KB, 333x333
>>58168882
m'frog
>>
>>58168805
Traditions can be and are important. But if we stuck with all traditions we wouldn't really be where we are today would we? After all, my ancestors and yours were pagans.

So to just say the new idea is bad because its new doesn't really provide anything to the discussion.
>>
>>58169066
>they have actually the same god but not the same practices, so just believing in a god related to religion don't make you religious, because you are not part of a religious community.
The Jewish god and the Christian god are fundamentally different deities, for the most part. The Jewish god is incredibly vengeful and violent (and don't even get me started on Allah). Although yes, the most fundamental difference is in ritual, there is a reason why the teaching of Christ took hold in the west instead of Judaism. I also think there is far more to be learned from the New Testament than the old, which has never provided anything too meaningful to me other than "don't do bad things".

>>58169115
>my ancestors and yours were pagans.
This is more of a meaningful argument for cultural christianity than anything. While I don't condone gay bashing or constant whining about abortion, we do have some values ingrained in our culture from Christianity that you might not even notice that are overwhelmingly positive. Taboo against pedophilia, taboo against vengeful killing, and humanitarianism, to name a few. All of these, I would argue, have made western civilisation superior to others in culture. I don't see what new values atheism bring to the equation.
>>
>>58169425
>The Jewish god and the Christian god are fundamentally different deities

You don't read the book of revelation ( apocalypse )? because God is actually very violent and vengeful, and this is part of the new testament.

also mythologically it's the same entity.
>>
File: 1460461425431.jpg (62 KB, 600x734) Image search: [Google]
1460461425431.jpg
62 KB, 600x734
>>58163484
Really shameful to see what the Eldest Daughter of the Church has become..
>>
File: 1419187217001.jpg (209 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
1419187217001.jpg
209 KB, 682x600
>>58167732
>ORTHODOXY
>real Christianity
>>
>>58169582
Meh. I'm proud of a lot of things in France related to Christianism like the cathedrals but I could never believe in God, and don't see what it would bring me anyway
>>
>>58169530
Yes, apart from Jesus and him being one in the same. Honestly, it doesn't really matter to me, I have never seen a meaningful argument made against the Jewish religion itself besides maybe circumcision, and I don't hold any grudge against Jewish people themselves outside of memery. They don't bomb, conquer, and forcibly convert people in the west.
>>
>>58169684
Certainty that you are not just living to eventually cease to exist and that there is purpose besides simply being born and dying. But if you can't bring yourself to believe than it's not something you can force, and nor should you.
>>
What's with all the wikipedia theologists. You're cringey as fuck when you pretend to know about things you don't really know.
>>
>>58168580
Nah most thugs are athiests
>>
>>58169904
A strong religious education in these cases can be very helpful
>>
>>58169425
Christianity has contributed (and at times made things worse) for Western Civilization. I have no argument against that. To compare an atheist to a Christian, however, is difficult because atheism (in my opinion) is a rejection of religion altogether.

What had long ago contributed to Western Civ -before Christianity- is Philosophy. Humanism itself leads to the idea of Atheism.

Those taboos still exist for many of us who were at one point in their lives Christian like myself. Those taboos also exist in our laws. So why can't philosophy, law, and tradition/cultural norms maintain Western Civ without the need to believe in God(s)?
>>
>>58169637
Orthodoxy was never used for political games and it is not.
>>
>>58170015
>So why can't philosophy, law, and tradition/cultural norms maintain Western Civ without the need to believe in God(s)?

How come you have Christianity and philosophy, law, traditional/cultural norms yet you can't maintain even yourself? You're a loser.
>>
>>58170015
>Humanism itself leads to the idea of Atheism.
This is not at all necessarily true. It leads to secularism, and western governance and society was for a very long time time secular until atheism began its rise recently. Post-war peace and prosperity seems to really have been what led to atheism.
>why can't philosophy, law, and tradition/cultural norms maintain Western Civ without the need to believe in God(s)?
Because these things are informed heavily by religion and the sense of communal belonging that it creates. For a very long time the church was the only thing keeping these things alive. To specifically address your question of whether belief in god in necessary, though, I can honestly say it isn't. I think religion is more important than belief, if that makes any sense. Society needs religion but belief or relationship in god is a deeply personal matter.
>>
File: 9egs9iL.jpg (15 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
9egs9iL.jpg
15 KB, 447x444
>>58170221
I can't tell if you forgot there are flags on this board or you're just stupid in general.
>>
>>58170064
It's being used in Russia now
>>
>>58170362
Yeah, don't get me wrong secularism is (supposed to be) an American value.

It's difficult not to have a bias in agreeing that being 'religious' especially in the early stages of life might be beneficial for society. Just to beat in those basic ideas of not robbing your neighbor and working hard. It's odd though because a religion without a god feels like a philosophy.
>>
>>58168239
Amen, my Northern brother. We must reclaim Europe in the name of the Almighty God.
>>
>>58169904
I sometimes wish I'd believe this, if everything goes well I'm still decades away from death but still I don't like the idea of nothingness after dying. However as you said I can't bring myself to believe. I'm open minded, I don't dismiss things like aliens, time travels or immortality for instance. And who knows one day maybe I'll have faith in some sort of higher being, but I don't think I'll ever understand people who take the bible literally, or muslims genuinely thinking eating pork will send you to hell, or the Pope being a living embodiment of God etc.
The whole ritualisation of faith troubles me, stupid stuff like "just say those 5 prayers and you have a seat in heaven again" is utterly stupid.
I've attended big and long masses for the only purpose of seeing relics, and always felt like the people there needed all the fuss, golden crosses, smoke, music etc to really believe, that without all this they wouldn't be truly faithful and rather try to convince themselves through all the rituals. I've only ever met 2 genuine believers of my age (around 20) and they never went to church.
Basically I don't have a problem with God, but with all the man made rules that are sold to us as "the word of God"
>>
>>58170936
>I've always felt

we're increasingly becoming cynical about religion. everywhere. media, people, books..
also, bitterness isn't a very good helper to judge.
>>
>>58171136
>we're increasingly becoming cynical about religion. everywhere. media, people, books..
*about some religions
>>
>>58171136
I'm not bitter, I had a period when I was like 14 where I was edgy as fuck like a black metal band straight outta the 90s and hated most things related to religion, but it's not the case anymore. I'm just an observer and this is what I saw
>>
>>58170936
Funnily enough, ritual is one of my favorite things about religion. I won't comment as to what god cares or doesn't care you do, but lighting a candle next to an altar, sitting in a beautiful cathedral praying/thinking, or singing hymns on Christmas mass feels good, so that's why I do it. I don't think people try to convince themselves of anything through ritual, I think most people just like rituals. They're cool and you feel good afterwards, I think that's all there is to it.
>>
>>58171238
>I'm just an observer

exactly. you can't judge of the genuineness of someone's faith by looking at him. and most importantly, you are not a believer.
>>
>>58170397
You're both insane. That brit's a liberal, nothing more. Gay rights is more important to him than god. He's confused right now.

>"philosophy, law, and tradition/cultural norms"
Forget Western civ how would you apply this to just yourself? You're a millennial so you don't know tradition and your cultural norm is shit. Philosophy? Thats serious fedora tier bullshit.
>>
>>58167361

It's hilarious how like 65% of atheists go ballistic when it comes to talking shit about Christianity, but when it comes to Islam they defend it.
>>
>>58171362
>By looking at him

I guess I should have employed another word, I don't just watch, I've talked to a lot of people too

>Most importantly you are not a believer

And I can't cook for shit but still know if something tastes bad. That's not really an argument, just like movie critics aren't movie makers themselves or just because I can't sing doesn't mean I don't know a bad voice from a good one.
A neutral judgement is better.

>>58171341
Fair enough, what I'm talking about is more people who think that just because they do those things they are good and have been forgiven whatever bad deeds they've done. Of course out of the billions of Christians I can't speak for them all but that's what I saw.
>>
>>58163484
atheism aint cool
>>
>>58171384
>Throwing Philosophy out the window

Ohh boy. Now I really know you're an idiot.

Your Bible is both against gay rights and eating Shrimp. How much shrimp have you had in your life?

Here's a nice paper I found on both Religion and Philosophy. But mostly Philosophy.
http://ghsgiglio.weebly.com/uploads/4/0/1/9/40190329/the_impact_of_greek_philosophy_on_early_western_civilization.pdf

>Calling someone from Gen Y a Millenial

You throw the word Millenial around like it's an insult.
>>
>>58171604
One days not embrace atheism to become "cool".

One embraces atheism because he is fearless, an intellectual, a sentient being that refuses to follow some omnibenevolent being like a sheep.

My name is Lawrence and I am an atheist.
>>
>>58163484
bullshit map, here is estonia for example which has alot more atheists than 30%
>>
>>58171775
pic
>>
>>58171696
more like
One embraces atheism so that he can feel justified for being a cuck
>>
>>58171819
How'd you learn our darkest secret!

>Meanwhile Sicily is full of Syrian refugees, and the Pope even took in 4 families.

Top lel. Calling athiests the cucks.
>>
File: 8921337214546.jpg (23 KB, 519x521) Image search: [Google]
8921337214546.jpg
23 KB, 519x521
>How'd you learn our darkest secret!

>Meanwhile Sicily is full of Syrian refugees, and the Pope even took in 4 families.

>Top lel. Calling athiests the cucks.
>>
File: 83291823.jpg (87 KB, 980x552) Image search: [Google]
83291823.jpg
87 KB, 980x552
>How'd you learn our darkest secret!

>Top lel. Calling athiests the cucks.
>>
>Why yes, I do believe in God.
>>
>>58171879
even from an immigration point of view Italy is far less cuck than Germany or Sweden, a LOT of people here aren't really welcoming towords refugees, but what can we do? They come by boat and Italy is the closest country.
Also, I wasn't talking about actual religion, a real Christian like the Pope will spread a peaceful message of course; but think about this: religion helped Italy to keep their traditions, way more than other countries, this makes us more diffident and less welcoming than others, hence less cuck.
>>
>>58172461
Yep so being an athiest doesn't make anyone an cuck.

However, there was an entire movement of Athiesm to turn it into the ultimate femnist cuck movment. Known as "Athiesm Plus".

Still makes me want to puke.
>>
File: 1418494151245.jpg (12 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1418494151245.jpg
12 KB, 200x189
>there are people in 4chan RIGHT NOW that unironically tip the proverbial fedora
>>
>>58172603
religion is just politics for the soul in the end.
An authoritarian government is the way
>>
>>58172688
>In 4chan
You really don't visit other boards do you?

>>58172729
Mussolini 2.0 when?
>>
Imageboards are mostly atheists
Imageboards are mostly neckbeard retards

coincidence?
>>
File: 1416228025185.jpg (114 KB, 1351x1016) Image search: [Google]
1416228025185.jpg
114 KB, 1351x1016
>>58172883
>a tipper replying
HEATENINGS
>>
>>58172883
>Mussolini
not even Hitler or Stalin are enough
>>
>>58172904
Georgians are mostly Orthodox
Russians are mostly Othodox

Coincidence?

Now go be good clay.
>>
>>58172688
I've seen you Greeks argue with other Balkans and Turks. Your concept of religion is mixed up with your identity for historical and political reasons. It's very different from how Westerners approach it.

By Greek standards all Greeks are Orthodox and there are no non-Orthodox Greeks so Greeks who were pagans and Greeks who were Muslims were all non-Greeks.
>>
>>58173027
nah our pm is a fedora that didn't swear on the bible
>>
>>58173110
Well did he swear in on nothing?

We've had Presidents who swore in on a book of law or a Catholic Missal. We only had one President who swore in on nothing and then his next term he swore on a Bible.
>>
>>58172967
Why are neckbeards always so butthurt?
>>
>>58173684
Who says I'm mad. You simply put things in perspective and I did the same.
>>
>>58167901
>my fives human senses
>tries to sound like le enlightened fedorino
>thinks senses are "five"
>>
>>58173359
on his honour and integrity or something
>>
File: habsburg.jpg (30 KB, 236x323) Image search: [Google]
habsburg.jpg
30 KB, 236x323
>>58163484
atheism doesn’t make any sense
only retards who can’t think for themselves believe there’s no God
>>
>>58174514
Waw.

That was super original.

What about you telling us more about your personal intelectual connections with god?
>>
File: 1460995937706.jpg (51 KB, 627x669) Image search: [Google]
1460995937706.jpg
51 KB, 627x669
>>58163484
enjoy your refos
>>
Forgive them father for they know not what they do.
>>
>>58173359
Which president swore in on nothing?
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.