[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait..... do Americans on this board actually believe their tipping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: just the tip.png (245 KB, 867x427) Image search: [Google]
just the tip.png
245 KB, 867x427
Wait..... do Americans on this board actually believe their tipping system is the ideal way of paying for things?
>>
>>58157591
Absolutely not.

We put up with it because most professions that get tipped survive on their tips. They often get paid under minimum wage because they're expected to make up for it with tips.

If I could change it, I would, but we're kind of powerless.
>>
>>58157591
nah its a shit way

thats why i never give a tip, i only give a tip if the bill is between dollars, and i use the tip to round up

like $27.46 -> $28.00
>>
>>58157638
Isn't that considered really rude though? Or is it a common thing not to tip? I thought only blacks did that
>>
>>58157689
It is absolutely considered rude, and any server will hate you for doing it. It's a way of protesting what the previous poster said, but unless everyone suddenly starts doing it at once, it's not going to accomplish anything.
>>
>>58157689
If you do that you'd better never eat at that place again, because if they recognize you they will literally spit in your food

Even if you have a good reason for not tipping, restaurants will "shame" you by posting the receipt with your name
>>
File: Tip-Shame.jpg (65 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
Tip-Shame.jpg
65 KB, 500x667
For example, this diner was "shamed" for tipping 14.8% instead of 16%
>>
>>58157814
14.8 is just on the low end of acceptable, and totally within reason if the service was shitty. Fuck the place that did that.
>>
Tip is ass, I hope its gone by the end of my lifetime

tipping barmaid or delivery guy is dumb cause in most countries they have actual wage
>>
tipping should be for when you wanna fug the cute waitress who's been bringing you drinks all night. Not for some bored looking fuck cause he has to survive on that shit
>>
>>58157766
They got sued for that shit. And it's the wait staff that dies it not the restaurant itself
>>
tipped a waiter a nickle once kek
>>
File: 1416181288804.jpg (49 KB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
1416181288804.jpg
49 KB, 426x426
>>58157766

>That pic
>>
That's 26 not 20

I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt so that you would not be their slaves, and I broke the bars of your yoke and made you walk erect.
>>
File: 1405288907621.jpg (31 KB, 372x444) Image search: [Google]
1405288907621.jpg
31 KB, 372x444
>>58157814

>mfw I tip 5% when going out to eat with dates
>>
>>58157766
I've done this before. I put down get off the phone at work in the tip line
>>
>>58157814
Wtf, tipping is now 16%? I thought it has always been 10%.
>>
>>58157638
you're a piece of shit dude
you being a cheapskate isn't going to change laws or the entire american tipping culture. you're just making sure a hard working waiter doesn't get paid. don't go back to any restaurant you've not tipped, you will have spit in your food.
>>
>>58158047
Butthurt. Everyone knows you make Mir with tips and employers have to pay you if you don't make more than minimal wage
>>
>>58158107
*more
>>
Just round it up a bit and let them keep the change.
>>
>>58158038
It's always been 15-20%.
>>
>>58157591
We have tip culutre here too.
Absolutely anyone I ever ate out with, with no exception, says you must tip and no lower than 15%, and most tip 30 shekels and above.
Am I the only one who thinks it makes no sense that a waitress makes more than a teacher per hour?
>>
>>58158633
>30 shekels
>$8

even on a relatively cheap bill? Would a server actually get upset if you didn't tip at least 30 shekels on, say, a 115 shekel bill?
>>
>>58158540
This is ridiculous. I hate this tipping shit. Restaurants should just pay their waiters a livable wage.
>>
I for one like tipping. If my drink isn't topped off at least semi-regularly, or my waitress disappears for 30 minutes then I have some recourse. If the food is shit I blame the chef, but if the service is shit you're getting jack shit.

I like the system, it works. Gives dumb burnouts an economic incentive to focus on their fucking job for a change. You want to make a living wage? Be good at your job
>>
most of the places I go to have a service fee, which is literally just the tip with a different name
>>
>>58158974
>You want to make a living wage? Be good at your job
Why don't you just stop going back to that shit restaurant ?
During very very high peak hours/days there are so many ways to make mistakes or for people to believe you're a shit waiter.
IF the waiter's shit, you can always complain about it at his boss too.
I don't know, I simply prefer not coming back, it's more effective. And have tipping , not as a necessity, but as a reward. I personally tip quite often, because I've been raised that way, but my friends don't; Though, when the service's good, or when they're surprised in a good way, they will tip !
And if people really liked your service, they'll also buy you a drink.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.