[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been a weeb for over a decade now, tempered somewhat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: deadman-wonderland-1-3.png (567 KB, 943x530) Image search: [Google]
deadman-wonderland-1-3.png
567 KB, 943x530
I've been a weeb for over a decade now, tempered somewhat by actually visiting the country in 2006. Somehow I managed not to learn anything about the criminal justice/penal system until now, and... fuck. What the hell, Japan?
>>
Any addiction to pop culture, individuals or products is cancerous. We are living in an era, where even the people that thinking they are free enslaved by some other thing.

>Le incoming post about you are in a vietnamese cartoon board.
4chin can be a good source of information, if it is used wisely. And again if you are not being obessesed with it.
>>
>>58157196
you sound like a retard

dont fucking post in my thread again unless you are directly and I mean DIRECTLY contributing to the conversation
>>
>tfw even a man from an African country abused our criminal justice as "the Middle Age tier" in UN conference
>>
>>58157260
It's the lack of habeas corpus and the tendency to impose solitary confinement. Fix those things and half the problems go away. No way should people be held for more than a few days without charge.
>>
>>58157117
The Japanese penal system is not my area of expertise, could you be more specific about the subject you are talking about? or maybe some examples?
>>
I highly doubt Japanese prisons are like Deadman Wonderland, OP.
>>
>>58157489
t. can hold terrorism suspects without a charge indefinitely
>>
>>58157811
Lmao they aren't citizens so who cares? The real problem is our overcrowded prisons full of real people.
>>
>>58157117
>deadman-wonderland
I just remembered I haven't finished reading it.Thank you,Michel.
>>
>>58157657
See >>58157489
Beyond human rights abuses in questioning and prison, including unnecessary solitary confinement, Japanese police are allowed to hold you for about 3 weeks without ever charging you. In the vast majority of cases, they'll use this time to force you to sign a confession.
>>
>in Japan, they have prisoners fight other prisoners with their blood and have criminals run an amusement park
ok sure
>>
>>58157857
The last few chapters are kind of shit. What a shame. The anime was good while it lasted.
>>
>>58157933
Isnt this a result of American occupation after world war 2?

apparently they have a 99% incarceration rate, and theres no jury
>>
>>58158234
Partially. The holding period is a result of a stop-gap measure used when the judicial system was being set up and there wasn't enough personnel to process accused criminals in a timely manner. The law that made it possible was never repealed.

And they have a 99% conviction rate, not incarceration. In other words, if you're arrested and charged, you are overwhelmingly likely to be found guilty. This means that either the police are very good at only picking up criminals, or that the system is very good at generating convictions.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.