[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that being a White person in Hawaii is like being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1458075141137.jpg (220 KB, 970x840) Image search: [Google]
1458075141137.jpg
220 KB, 970x840
Is it true that being a White person in Hawaii is like being a Black person in the South?
>>
Bump, because I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>58153454
kinda, they will shout shit at you in the rural parts away from the coast like "go away haole boy" and will occasionally beat the shit out of you if you try to surf on "their" beach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7nqgQIZKgw
>>
>>58153549
"haole" is a term they will often call whites, and it is the same thing as calling a black person a nigger, but whites rarely do shit about it cause Hawaiian whites are very laid back
>>
>>58153549
You obviously aren't from here
>>58153454
Tourists and recent mainlanders are annoying as fuck and pompous.

Long term mainlanders who been here twenty plus years either assimilate, mellow down or associate with other mainlanders who are pompous as fuck.

Local haoles born on the islands for generations who engage other locals as the same people and whose family have shown respect to elders, leaders and their neighbors are treated just about the same.

If you're black though so long as you are kind you'll be fine and treated well on Maui and Big Island. Don't act like a douchey Haole though.
>>
Bump. I too want to know what it's like
>>
>>58153652
No it's not. Haole loosely means "those without the breathe of Hawaii", in essence those without ties to Mana.

Blacks arent haole they are popolo the name of a wild plant with black fruits. Probably because the first blacks actually assimilated into Hawaiian society and because back then there was more overlap between Kanaka and Cape Verdeans.
>>58153714
Obviously OP
>>
>>58153712
i left in 1996 so things might have changed
>>58153877
>>
>>58154011
Military or Honolulu doesn't count mahu
>>
>>58154066
>Honolulu
never mind, I was only there for like 6 months for my residency
>>
NATIVE RIGHTS

WHITE MAN GET REKT
>>
>>58153454
I guess how Canadians treat Chinese is how they generally feel about white people turning their island into a tourist spot and taking their waves brah.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.