[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>work hard and you'll succeed Do people believe this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: 1443074927343.jpg (26 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1443074927343.jpg
26 KB, 499x499
>work hard and you'll succeed
Do people believe this in your country?
>>
Will you succeed if you don't work hard
>>
If you die poor in a first world country it's your fault τbh
>>
File: 1421307846634.jpg (8 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1421307846634.jpg
8 KB, 205x246
N-no, of course not
>>
Worked for my father as he moved to America in the late 70s with $20 and worked his way up.

Not possible today.
>>
They do.
>>
>>58111693
This is only possible in first world countries. Anywhere else and you're fucked if your're born poor
>>
There is no jobs anymore for anyone unless you're a minority and get special treatment what is the point in working hard.
>>
>>58111693
No
>>
>>58111693
You clearly need to work harder.
>>
It's true. Not to the point of richness, but if someone truly works hard they are essentially guaranteed comfortable middle class for their retirement and then children.
>>
>>58111693
No, we are pretty much determinists in France.
>>
>>58111693
nobody

literally nobody thinks this

i think we're just waiting for all the miserable old people to fuck off and die so the deadlock ends

fucking boomers
>>
Yes that's why we're the best
>>
>>58112023
>"work hard dude you'll succeed one day"
>says the friend who landed god tier job with daddy's connections and who objectively has worse educational track record but daddy pulled strings so he got it and you're stuck with being a janitor with no career advancement prospects
>>
>>58111693
They believe it here, but unless they started with an advantage it's unlikely. The American dream is dead but if you point that out you're an unpatriotic faggot. I hate this fucking cunt.
>>
>>58112162
Who are you quoting?
>>
it seems to me the only way to succes in my country is doing well in school and studying a STEM field. Is that true?
>>
>>58111693
Yes. And it's true for the most part. It does depend on your definition of success.
If you're lazy, you'll get nowhere. If you invest plenty of time in acquiring practical skills that are valuable in the workplace, you have a rather good chance of attaining a fair job with a comfortable salary here.
Though too many are too entitled and/or lazy to realize this. Nu-wetbacks sit whining on the internet with their iphones about a rigged system, believing not having wasted hours upon hours of valuable leisure time wouldn't have propelled them any further for hireability and job prospects, instead of sitting in front of home depot like your conventional beaners.
>>
>>58112211
So in USA, your life must revolve around work and if it doesn't you're seen as a failure? pretty ebin
>>
>>58112282
Yeah basically. It's pretty fucked up.
>>
>>58111693
no we've given up. sit at home and drink beer instead.
>>
>>58111717
mah fello 'murican
I feel ya bro
>>
>>58112282
Isn't that the whole point of living? Get good job, make friends and family because of money, and then die. Anything else is commie tier 2bh
>>
I fucking hope not, anyone who would believe that in this stagnant purgatory of an economy rides the short bus
>>
File: Work Ethic DEUS.jpg (420 KB, 1807x815) Image search: [Google]
Work Ethic DEUS.jpg
420 KB, 1807x815
>>58112282
Work tends to define a person unfortunately. This is in no way exclusive to the USA.
>>
>>58112359
It's more like drinking, for me.
>>
>>58112359
Well as most see it in Finland, a job is a means to an end and not something you need to dedicate your whole waking hours to. Many Americans don't even keep their days off (the whole two weeks they get) in fear of falling behind, getting fired for laziness or being seen as commie tier anti-capitalist assholes by their workmates
>>
>>58111711
there's always value in teasing more skilled people that someone less skilled was allowed to succeed. can be valuable as sometimes really skilled people are also really lazy so you need to tease them a bit to get them to work.
>>
LOL. No.
>>
>>58112312
no pesky bosses anxious about breaking company policy and no stressful deadlines. ironically we might actually perform better...
>>
>>58112448
It's pretty sad desu. We have no law that requires any time off and Americans actually work some of the longest hours in the world. Many people here do believe hard work pays off which is very rarely true.
>>
Remember what Saint Paul said ?

>For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:10
>>
>>58113259
No I don't remember, must have been ages ago and I was probably drunk.
>>
File: Brasil dancing dog.gif (2 MB, 250x369) Image search: [Google]
Brasil dancing dog.gif
2 MB, 250x369
>>58111716
If you die poor in a third world country it's your fault desu.
>>
All white euros posting here, why aren't you working right now? I always found weird that there are so many northern euros posting during work time. I wonder if all of you are immigrants.
>>
>>58114229
it is probably distributed into the categories of proxies or students or unemployed or shills
>>
yeah, sure thing, the only thing you will achieve if you work hard is that they will throw more workload at you because "oh god, you are such a great worker"
t. knower
>>
>>58111693
danish youtube girl marry me please
>>
Here is our motto is
>be a thief or else your are a sucker
>>
File: 25353.jpg (41 KB, 389x389) Image search: [Google]
25353.jpg
41 KB, 389x389
only pathetic delusional wagecucks
>>
>>58111693

You'll succeed at collecting your monthly pay cheque which is what you are at work for so technically it's true.
>>
>>58111693

most people don't know what 'work hard' means though. Breaking your back or doing long hours might be strenuous but the type of hard work that makes you successful is a type of constant focus/concentration on your aims (short term and long term). That eludes most people (including me most of the time).

I've seen a quite a few successful people, it always amazes me how switched on they are to what they are doing and where they are going and to their surroundings. I don't know how they stay sane.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.