[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What overseas wine do you frequently see in your country? For
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12
File: wine.jpg (107 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
wine.jpg
107 KB, 750x750
What overseas wine do you frequently see in your country?
For example,in order of the imported quantity,Chile,France,Italy,Spain,USA are ranked in Japan.
>>
Almost all the wine I see here is locally produced

I would say the most common imported wines are New Zealand, France, Italy, Argentina, Spain and South Africa

It is very rare to see American wine here
>>
Wine is for fags.
>>
Is not overseas but is from other country Chile wine is pretty good
>>
I forgot Chilean wine, we get that too, and very rarely German wine as well
>>
>>58111032
German wine is a small quantity in Japan too.
Although hard to believe now,it was No.1 30 years ago.
>>
>>58110807
I see lot of Aussie wine on the store racks here. Mostly Yellow Tail. That's the only one I remember though, because I generally pass over the wine in favor of craft beer.
>>
File: official cono sur.png (89 KB, 1492x1954) Image search: [Google]
official cono sur.png
89 KB, 1492x1954
>>58110807
>cono sur

The memes are real
>>
>>58111275

fyi yellow tail is considered swill here, it's one of the cheapest wines available, it does not represent australian wine well
>>
>>58111331
>it does not represent australian wine well
then stop exporting it
>>
>>58111677

stop buying it m8
>>
>>58111709
alright, what aussie wines are considered "good" in your market?
>>
>>58111736

we have hundreds of brands here that are never exported, only producing a couple thousand bottles per year. naming them is pointless.
>>
Vast majority is from the homeland, with some from Australia, New Zealand and France and a little bit from other countries, Chile is the first that comes to mind. Heck, we barely even have Japanese beer let alone wine.
>>
>>58111331
Not that other USAnon, but I consider it swill here too. Eugh.
>>
File: 8wmbfnh[1].jpg (139 KB, 1150x647) Image search: [Google]
8wmbfnh[1].jpg
139 KB, 1150x647
Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand.

>>58111709
>buy
>>
>>58111870

the store still bought it...
>>
Argentina and France mostly. Chile's pretty nationalistic on it's wine so I always pick a national over everything else because.
>it's usually as good as anything else on the same price range I purchase
>chilean wine is top quality wine
>>
>>58111331
It's five bucks a bottle here. I would buy it to make spritzers for women and that's about it. It's slightly better than the three dollar bottles.

>>58110807
French, Argentinean, Chilean, Italian, Portuguese and Australian. That's not really in any particular order. I've seen stuff from Germany, Greece and even British Columbia but they're more rare. I live in California, though. We have a lot of really, really big wine stores. If I looked hard I could probably find something from pretty much anywhere.
>>
Mainly Aussie and French reds as we produce very little and it's all aimed at the top end of the market (pinot noir especially).

Get a few Austrian and German Eiswein's coming through and some big Chilean reds as well.
>>
File: Vino Blanco Termidor506.jpg (86 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Vino Blanco Termidor506.jpg
86 KB, 600x600
>>58110807
Which kind of wine do you import? Please tell me it's not this shit.
>>
>>58111928
I have to admit that Chile wine has a high cost performance.
>>
Best wines in order
>Italian
>French
>American
>Spanish
>Chilean
>American
>>
>>58110807
>overseas
All the alcohol outside from Europe is literally undrinkable.
>>
>>58112054
We actually scam foreigners. We export and sell the same bottles we drink, but increase the price exponentially.
As an example, the same bottle of Casillero del Diablo in Colombia costs around 20 dollars, while in Chile, it costs less than 5 dollars.
>>
>>58112084
Napa valley makes great wines that French Wine connoisseurs from different winery magazines rate very highly. I trust their opinions over yours desu
>>
>>58112084
Try to get a good Carmenere that's not from Chile. I dare you.
>>
>>58112114
It's pretty cheap here.

http://www.totalwine.com/wine/red-wine/carmenere/concha-y-toro-diablo-carmenere/p/94781750?s=920&igrules=true

Pretty sure we have a pretty dank trade agreement though.
>>
>>58112183
Thanks for the Walmarts senpai. It's full of weirdos and cheap stuff.
>>
>>58112214
>It's full of weirdos and cheap stuff.

Same here, lol.
>>
File: alamos.jpg (20 KB, 389x273) Image search: [Google]
alamos.jpg
20 KB, 389x273
>>58112050
I've never seen this.Isn't it good?
We often see "ALAMOS".
>>
>>58112223
I started eating 'Murrican food thanks to it. Your ice creams are by far more creamy.
>>
Who unironically gets drunk on wine?
>>
File: tocornal.jpg (63 KB, 640x591) Image search: [Google]
tocornal.jpg
63 KB, 640x591
Pls lads, if you see this wine, don't buy it unless you plan to use it for cooking.
>>
we get pretty much everything here. i'm drinking some cheap malbec from argentina right now.
>>
Most common here in order

Australia > Chile > South Africa

Then France, Italy and very rarely Spanish and Portuguese wine.

American wine is probably the least common out of those you listed. I don't think anywhere other than Specialty wine shops would sell it.
>>
>>58112286
M-me. But I drink infrequently.
>>
>>58112286
Every damn september I get drunk on wine and full of meat and empanadas. I usually end up with an horrible headache, an horrible toxic breath and a thick ball of shit on my intestines.
Good times.
>>
>>58111032
German wine is just for dessert wines I think
>>
>>58112259
We get a lot of fruit from Chile. You grow berries pretty well.
>>
>>58112362
Try to import some lúcuma, murta, maqui, tuna (not the fish) and chilean strawberries (the white non-tasty looking ones, they're really tasty, after all, euros used them to make the average strawberry).
>>
>>58112446
>chilean strawberries (the white non-tasty looking ones

We used to grow white strawberries when I was little. From what I've read they're nearly extinct in north America. I remember them being much better than the red ones. Way smaller though.
>>
all the wine in here is imported because grapes dont grow this far north
>>
>>58112567
You should just make wine out of those berries you put on reindeer meats.
>>
File: lucuma-mini.jpg (102 KB, 540x327) Image search: [Google]
lucuma-mini.jpg
102 KB, 540x327
>>58112508
Yeah, they're originally from there but bird migration carried them here where they found a more suitable weather. Europeans found them here so they called them after our country.
Also pic related is lucuma.
>looks like lime from the outside
>looks like avocado from the inside
>tastes like caramel and angel joy tears
>>
>>58112073
pls differentiate your americas

that being said, I really like californian wine, chilean wine, and on occasion bordeaux wine.
>>
>>58112214
>Thanks for the Walmarts senpai. It's full of weirdos and cheap stuff.

So Walmarts being full of weird and trashy people is a universal phenomenon?
>>
>>58112592
I've seen this on TV. Apparently, they can't ship them here because they spoil quickly. I guess I should take a trip to Chile one day.
>>
>>58112647
Kinda. Walmart bought a supermarket chain from Chile that was already stablished. This came with cheap food and cheap food attracts weird and trashy people.

>>58112661
There's ice cream made of it, I bet there's something made of it there. Anyways, must keep studying if I want to sleep a couple of hours.

Good night guys.
>>
>>58112588
Lingonberries? It would be too tangy to be drinkable and it would cost a fortune
>>
>>58110807
Some American varieties are popular, but there was a brief boom in New Zealand wines a few years back.
I personally drink mostly French and Portuguese wines. Tried some Lebanese and South African wines too, had nice experiences.
>>
>>58112713
Goodnight
>>
>>58112713
>This came with cheap food and cheap food attracts weird and trashy people.

One finally opened in my city last year (it's kind of a wealthier place and a lot of people lobbied against it for more than a decade) and sure enough the first time I went there it had somehow attracted all the white trash from the hills to the east, all 4 Muslims in town, and some random lady who was walking around the store with an iguana on her shoulder yet who was not being asked to leave despite all animals except assistance dogs being banned. It's like magic, you're guaranteed to see something odd every time you go in there.
>>
>>58112769
Very rarely Lebanese and Turkish wine.Most of the Japanese haven't drunk.
>>
I think I've never seen an imported wine. Don't really like wine at all, but when I pass through the wine section in the supermarket all I see are Chilean wines. Maybe in more specialized stores they carry imported wine.
>>
>>58113031
The best Lebanese I've had was a 2013 Domaine Wardy Les Terroirs, from Bekaa Valley. Full-bodied and lots of character. It went really well with moose roast, but I think it would be equally good with mutton or goat. Maybe a rare steak.
The price was very low for the quality, too.
>>
>>58112286
t. Preuße
>>
I see Australian, South African and Chilean wines a lot.
>>
>>58113142
Thanks.I researched it.Result,nobody import!!XD.
It seems like we are developing countries.
>>
It's mostly local and I hate wine
>>
>>58110807
It's almost all local, but the most common foreign imports are South Africa, France, Spain, Italy, Chile, Argentina, and NZ. By the way Southern Hemisphere wine is the true patrician choice.
>>
>>58111275
Kek yellowtail is shit
>>
>>58112362
>>58112259
Get a room you two
>>
In Spain 75% of Wines are Local, but we still have some french and italian wines that are not Bad

But bitch please, Spanish Wine máster race
>>
>>58113366
That's very common everywhere, not just Japan. I sometimes buy wine from online vendors because the import selection is not that big.
Web stores are pretty good for buying wine nowadays. I got some Taberner (very good Spanish) from an online store and it arrived fast, in good condition and at a decent price.
>>
>>58113854
There is a lot of lambrusco in the supermarkets.
>>
>>58111303
What's wrong with Cono Sur?
>>
File: vinuri-romanesti.jpg (679 KB, 2871x1724) Image search: [Google]
vinuri-romanesti.jpg
679 KB, 2871x1724
>>58110807
French, Moldovan, but I increasingly see New World esp South American,Spani Italian in bigger supermarkets.
I once saw a bottle of Jap whiskey Nippon-man,looked cool af but was too expensive.
Still please buy our wines,very good for the price 3000 year old wine tradition, Feteasca Neagra pre-filoxeric wine etc etc
>>
File: 1460954501924.png (455 KB, 1764x1560) Image search: [Google]
1460954501924.png
455 KB, 1764x1560
>>58110807
come play risk >>58113727
>>
>>58111831
>Heck, we barely even have Japanese beer...
Sushi bars in my region (Pacific Northwest) generally carry Sapporo at least. My local has Kirin Ichiban, which is way better IMO.
>>
>>58114391

asahi is very popular here
>>
File: 20150917_190338-1.jpg (2 MB, 1660x2496) Image search: [Google]
20150917_190338-1.jpg
2 MB, 1660x2496
>>58111928
>Chile's pretty nationalistic on it's wine so I always pick a national over everything else because.

Ah? it's dirt cheap to buy decent wine.
>>
>>58112073
Lol

>>58110807
Potuguese, italian and german white wines are common (eiswine ist gottier)
>>
>>58114391
I have the same opinión, Asashi is also a really good beer
>>
>>58116036
Though French make great wine too much,import another wine.And Germany white is good choice.
>>
>>58116609
I particularly like white liquorous wine and german's ones are really fine.
I prefer france's one tho ehe sorry krauts.
>>
File: $_20.jpg (55 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
$_20.jpg
55 KB, 800x598
European sparkling wine competes directly with Australian sparkling wine. For instance Grandin competes with lower-priced vintage fizzy, the meme $40+ champagnes compete with the reliably good-quality methodes tasmanoise.
If you go into a bottleo stocked by one of the big chains, most of the white blends will be from their New Zealand wineries, who apparently have been better at catering to contemporary tastes.
As well as all that, we're pretty heterodox in our tastes for foreign wines and our tariffs are low, so you see lots of imports from everywhere.
>>
akmost exclusively local here, it's qyute hard to find wine from another coountry than France except if you count Gewurstaminer as german
>>
>>58111736
>looking at New Jersey wine merchant's website and going by brands
d'Arenburg, Penfolds, Pewsey Vale
>>
File: uvita.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
uvita.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>58112256
There aren't good wines in box from Argentina (and that is almost poison)

Argie boxed wines are sell to Russia, like Uvita.

Why do you drink that shit, Russia, why??
>>
>>58118976
OMFG
For it's price, it's passable wine.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.