[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remind me again, why am I supposed to believe China and Russia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: agent-orange-victim.jpg (81 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
agent-orange-victim.jpg
81 KB, 300x400
Remind me again, why am I supposed to believe China and Russia would be more evil superpowers than America has been?
>>
>>58108544
Le communism
>>
>>58108544

america fucks up its enemies, but is relatively good to its allies and own people

sure there's a lot of spying and some authoritarian shit going on, but that's nothing compared to the way the russians and the chinese treat their own people
>>
Ask a Filipino or anyone threatened by China.
>>
>>58108595
>the way the russians and the chinese treat their own people

What do you mean?
>>
>having sympathy for vietnam fucking shits
>>
>>58108643

political prisoners in russia and china are routinely kept in indefinite detention in inhumane conditions, shipped to labor camps for "reeducation" and/or tortured
>>
File: 1440346930342.jpg (152 KB, 950x711) Image search: [Google]
1440346930342.jpg
152 KB, 950x711
>>58108678
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO9909uexu8
>>
>>58108693
We have political prisoners but nobody gives a fuck about them. More over I don't think some people get tortured in prisons. Also you are obliged to work in prisons there
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 640x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 640x500
>>58108544
>>
>>58108643
>>58108544

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/3948-commentary-6-on-how-the-chinese-communist-party-destroyed-traditional-culture/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinicization_of_Tibet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Revolution

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Falun_Gong

http://thediplomat.com/2015/02/in-war-on-terror-china-takes-aim-at-tibet/

http://www.worldmag.com/2015/05/china_launches_campaign_to_destroy_church_crosses

Why do people act like China would be a good and moral super power? Russia wouldn't be as bad, though, at least in my opinion and as far as I know. China is a disgusting excuse for a country. We may have done fucked up shit to, but at least we admit it was shitty and don't deny it. We try to protect our allies. Think of America as a mentally retarded Golden Retriever that means well, but usually just ends up making things worse.
>>
>>58108820

Maybe today it is better in Russia, but it's still not as good as the West, and the OP is probably referring to the CCCP anyway, since he references a superpower

The CCCP was a superpower, the Russian Federation is not currently.
>>
>>58108595
>it treats its allies well

How many times have we defend a NATO ally?
>>
File: PG_15.06.18_U.S.-vs.-China_WEB.png (50 KB, 600x489) Image search: [Google]
PG_15.06.18_U.S.-vs.-China_WEB.png
50 KB, 600x489
Look at Africa. Chinks don't care about labor laws or of their money is being used to prop up corruption or any of that. The west at least makes an effort to encourage democracy with their aid/investments and our companies work with their governments to pass on job skills to the native employees. Chinese state owned companies use the states money to bring their friends over for a few years so they can pay them to do lower quality work and not give any experience or job skills in higher level management/maintinence.
>inb4 someone posts the empire of dust webm because they've read nothing else about China in Africa
But yes, China's approval rating is still generally high in Africa because most people don't work for their companies and haven't been impacted much by their actions (yet...), and all they see is all the money being given to their country. But that influence is not benevolent, look at how the Taiwanese citizens were tried and acquitted of a crime in Kenya, but the PRC demanded them be extradited and Kenya complied because they just got $600 million from China. The Taiwanese literally barricaded themselves in a Kenyan jail to (unsuccessfully) try and avoid being deported. This is the kind of influence China wants to have over more governments as they develop.
>>
>>58108629
http://www.ijreview.com/2015/03/279944-country-named-biggest-threat-world-peace/

Ask the world who the greatest threat is.
>>
>>58109009

NATO is outdated and you should scrap the whole thing
>>
File: BoP-Report-32.png (20 KB, 309x764) Image search: [Google]
BoP-Report-32.png
20 KB, 309x764
>>58109078
We're pretty much the only ones who can threaten world peace, not many countries are powerful enough to do so.
>>
>>58108902
There you have it.
>>
>>58109041
Nice sources you got there.

Comparing a third world country to a first world country and asking which people like more is not representative of what OP asked. Who the fuck would pick Ghana/Brazil/Honduras/China/Russia over America?
>>
>superpower
>benevolent
The days of Darius the Great are long gone. The US took all the fucked up technology and experimental data from others after WW2, we didn't make up that shit out of thin air.
>>
>>58109132
Read "China's Second Continent". That's where I got most of that information from. And I used third world countries because that is where we can see what Chinese influence looks like when China had more power.
>>
>>58109128
Okay. That still shows that this argument is bullshit here>>58108629
considering that America is seen as the greatest threat.
>>
>>58109162
You've told me about this book twice now and I simply disagree with the source. Africans are by and large very happy about China's influence in Africa.

The only reason Russia and China don't fill America's spot as world policeman is because they do not want to in China's case, and cannot in Russia's case.
Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>58109175
Media fear mongering =/= reality. Most countries, especially Western ones that we're the closest too, view our influence as positive. If/when China has more power and the media covers their foreign policy more often, I guarantee you China will be viewed as a bigger threat.
>>
>>58109230
No, I've never told anyone about this book.
>>
>>58109230

china absolutely wants to take your spot as world police, look at how they are handling the border disputes with their neighbours
>>
>>58109230
>>58109284
>Do not want to
>Would act as a world police
Right, I'm sure the country is currently committing genocide against one of the most peaceful and respected cultures in the world and calling them "terrorists" would make a great world police.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.