[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the chances of this killing us? How fucked is Europe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: lhc_long_1.jpg (71 KB, 800x411) Image search: [Google]
lhc_long_1.jpg
71 KB, 800x411
What are the chances of this killing us? How fucked is Europe?
>>
File: .jpg (317 KB, 2562x1576) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
317 KB, 2562x1576
zero
already fucked
>>
isis will bomb it and create a black hole that will engulf all solar system
>>
>>58098853
Considering that their work is to destroy the elementary particles of the universe at speeds nearly the natural limit of the universe I'd say that there are some chances of that

at least their power is still limited and I'd say it's not enough to break the cloth
>>
Soon we will all start to get slowly dragged towards Switzerland
>>
File: .png (486 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
.png
486 KB, 1024x1024
>>58099251
There are much more powerful particles coming from deep space(from quasars and stuff). And we don't deal with millions black holes(ur mom joke here) on regular basis.
>>
>>58098853
About as big as an American forming a coherent thought.
>>
>>58098853
>>58099251

The (theoretical) black holes created by the LHC are infinitesimally small and evaporate in an unimaginably short amount of time, so no chance

Europe is already fucked
>>
>>58099251
>at least their power is still limited and I'd say it's not enough to break the cloth
so warp 5 or less?
>>
>>58098853
A black vermintide with drown Europe long before a black hole swallows it.
>>
>>58099397
>>58099441
1- I'm not talking about black holes, which are just an amount of matter inside an infinitesimal space that creates a singularity. They're not monsters. I'm more affraid about the destruction of spacetime itself if we break the most basic particle of it.

2- These particles of the deep space, f.ex neutrinos in a supernova and so on, don't collide with each others naturally. These collisions need to be artificially created.
>>
>>58099735
There is nothing to be worried about.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh-My-God_particle

>an atomic nucleus with a kinetic energy of 48 joules, equivalent to a 5-ounce (142 g) baseball travelling at about 93.6 kilometers per hour (60 mph).

>This particle had so much kinetic energy it was travelling at 99.99999999999999999999951% the speed of light. This is so near the speed of light that if a photon were travelling with the particle, it would take 220,000 years for the photon to gain a 1 centimeter lead. Also, due to special relativity effects, from the proton's reference frame it would have only taken it around 10 seconds to travel the 100,000 light years across the Milky way galaxy.

>The energy of this particle is some 40 million times that of the highest energy protons that have been produced in any terrestrial particle accelerator.
>>
We should use it if the Muslims win. A world without white people is no world at all. The entire world should be forced to commit suicide for their crimes.
>>
>>58099932
that would be murder, not suicide
t. expert
>>
File: .jpg (574 KB, 3192x1747) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
574 KB, 3192x1747
>>58099735
>These particles of the deep space, f.ex neutrinos in a supernova and so on, don't collide with each others naturally. These collisions need to be artificially created.
In relativity it is better(simpler) to use energies, than speeds(2 particles can not collide on speeds greater than 1c, even if they travel in opposite directions on 0.99c).
You can just compare it with static(in our point of view) and E1+E2 energy moving particle.

Sorry for crappy English.
>>
>>58100023
>leedu talking about suicide

Top pip
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.