[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are west coast american comedians like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: kumail.jpg (36 KB, 578x254) Image search: [Google]
kumail.jpg
36 KB, 578x254
Why are west coast american comedians like this?
>>
>>58090223
Who's the comedian? The woman or the dude?

Btw do you know what comedy is about?
>>
>>58090223

I don't understand either of those.
>>
>>58090420
>>58090420
>>58090420

Wild guess, she's making a joke about "mansplainers" using the word actually when speaking to women which is a big trigger.
>>
>>58090401
both
>>58090420
first one is saying men have easier lives due to our anti-woman society, but using videogame nomenclature
second one is a pun 'well actually', supposedly something 'mansplainers' say, when a man disagrees with a woman he is 'mansplaining'
>>
>>58090223
Because the west coast breeds a culture free of emotional hardship. People don't develop emotional problems that run deep like in the east coast for instance - it's all geographic. The key to comedy is suffering, something seldom experienced by beach-dwelling burnouts.
>>
I agree with the first one but I don't get the second one.
>>
>>58090711

Men kill themselves more so being male is hard mode.
>>
>>58090694
That's a pretty interesting idea. Can you elaborate?
>>
>>58090762
Men are
>Bigger
>Stronger
>Have a penis
>No period
>No pregnancy
>Hormones make you want to fuck or fight rather than cry and act inconsistently

Anyways women attempt suicide more, men are just better at it.
>>
>>58090852

women "attempt" suicide by overdosing on vitamins because they want attention.
>>
>>58090569
>>58090631

You can post as many fat pictures and school shooting graphs as you like, they don't bother me. It's stuff like this that truly makes me ashamed to be an American.
>>
>>58090852
Women literally just have to fuck one sad sap and they're set for life.
>>
>>58090223
Never heard of them. A cherry picked twitter post does not represent the entire west coast.
>>
>>58090223

The sane people stayed on the east coast, but the further west you get the sillier the people are

By the rockies there are lots of new age types, and cali is filled with idiots drinking colloidal silver and the like
>>
>>58090896
Maybe so but they're still trying to kill themselves.
>>58091005
>implying single income households exist in 2016
>>
the "man have it easy" thing triggers me badly.

it's like saying every effort you make is worthless because you have a penis. it doesn't even make sense. "man have it easier" was dumb, but I could sorta see their point.

Now it's just stupid.

Even the WASPiest richest male has a hard time, comparing our sufferings is pointless and doesn't amount to anything other than a competition for attention.
>>
>>58091116
I actually appreciate they admitting we are the superior gender.
>>
besides you shouldn't be wasting time arguing with feminists anyway
>>
because the west coast is a cesspool of everything that is wrong in this country
>>
>>58090223
What is a mansplainer?
>>
>>58091295
>wealthy area that produces culture, food, and technology
>wrong
The South is the worst part of the country. It's not even up for debate.
>>
>>58091087
>implying doctors and lawyers can't be sad saps
>>
File: 1401249259186.jpg (32 KB, 417x407) Image search: [Google]
1401249259186.jpg
32 KB, 417x407
>>58091458
They can be but you've got to be a catch to land one of them. But seriously would you rather have to work for a living or be a woman? All the responsibilities and expectations that come with a man don't even come close to overpowering all the innate advantages. That's just my opinion though.
>>
>>58091319
anyone that disagrees with a woman
>>
>>58090830
Broadly speaking, provided that survival is not an issue, an individual's time and efforts are dictated by their environment. In a community with a consistently pleasant climate year-round, being cooped up indoors is not a necessity - and so your have high leisurely time AND high leisurely activity. On the other hand, if, for two seasons out of the year, I don't have this option, I'm left with greater leisurely time but fewer options for leisurely activity. This can be shown to lead to greater self-reflection and a more introspective outlook. This introspection is a necessary grounding for self-deprecation and uncertainty, two common motivating elements in comedy.

There's further evidence to back this up, but just some food for thought.
>>
>>58091449
>west coast """""culture"""""

you mean mexican gangs, homosexuality and hollywood kikery?

no thanks
>>
>>58090694
Clearly you've never been to LA.
>>
>>58091768
Intresting, that explains why brits all seem to hate themselves.
>>
>>58091819
Who said anything about culture? I'm talking about having money, jobs,and industry.

If I wanted to go to a third world impoverished shithole where the people wave around "muh culture" as if it excludes them from being a third world impoverished shithole, I'd just go to Mexico because they have better food.
>>
>>58092096
y-you too America.
>>
>>58091856
Of course, there are always caveats to this rule. And L.A. might actually be one, but for a special reason. The L.A. lifestyle as is traditionally conceived evolved from the Midwestern/East Coast lifestyle, but did so in a different environment. Just like the well-known story of the twins growing up in different homes, one becoming financially successful and wealthy while the other of blue collar and modest upbringing, the cities grew in their own disparate ways. H.J. Whitley, the father of Hollywood, was Canadian, and if you trace its early history, you'll note similar stories.
>>
I'm neither of those, what do?
>>
>>58092242
The biggest problem that I have with this theory is that there are more caveats than examples. Like when you say West Coast are you only talking about San Fransisco? Ever been to Seattle or Portland? There's no relaxed sunshine beach bum culture out there.
>>
>>58092575
When people here say the "west coast", they automatically asume it's SoCal because they live on memes
>>
>>58090223
I don't get the bottom tweet.
>>
>>58091319
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOXh5repOWI
>>
>>58092575
Note that I was originally talking to OP, so the UK has a specific perception of the west coaster and their environment. I would argue that there are plenty of examples - San Diego, San Francisco, etc.

Seattle doesn't have weather at all similar to the cities to which I'm referring. The key is the environment, and I'm speaking in very broad terms when I say "west coast". To make things simple, I mean the oceanside cities/towns that people like the OP think of when they think of "west coast".
>>
>>58091319
telling a bitch she dumb when you is a man
>>
>>58092922
COLD AS ICEEEEE
>>
>>58091319
It means you are wrong because you are a man. Orwell predicted these people, what they are using is called "Newspeak".
>>
>>58091975
I hate them because they are ugly cunts.
>>
>>58092922
What a pathetic cunt she is.
>>
File: wat duh.png (126 KB, 650x432) Image search: [Google]
wat duh.png
126 KB, 650x432
>>58090912
Thankfuly
>>
>>58090852
>women attempt suicide more
topkek

nah m8, it's for attention, and I think it's related to being white
Cutters are mostly whites, and the bast majority of cutters do it for attention.
>>
I have no clue

East Coast and Midwest Comedians are GOAT

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MqgtVpD328o
>>
Bill Burr is my favorite comedian atm

Who is yours?
>>
West coast is full of pussies
>>
>>58092922
>tumblr gets a reality check
Dunkass couldn't even give a definition of the buzzword she's using, hilarious tbqh
>>
Harold and Kumar 2.0
>>
it amazes me how much these people disgust me
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.