[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are asian countries (Korea, China, Japan) getting better because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4
File: confucius3.jpg (39 KB, 420x262) Image search: [Google]
confucius3.jpg
39 KB, 420x262
Are asian countries (Korea, China, Japan) getting better because of Confucianism ? This philosophy emphasizes greatly on hierarchy and how we have to respect it. As a consequence, asian countries are way more organized than the rest. They value education and respect their teachers. The downside is that asian seem less critical about their government than we are.
>>
No it's a shit philosophy that hampers innovation.
>>
>they actuall fell for the Confucianism meme
>>
>>58068173
What is confucianism?
>>58068779
Yea innovation, that's what life is all about. Japan has synthetic tit balls, underskirt umbrellas and other nip wonders.
>>
it's the only thing that kept east asians from being only a little bit better than niggers. look at the asian countries where Confucianism didn't take hold, like in the Philippines. absolute shit holes. genetically asians are dog shit inferior, Confucianism at least elevated their culture to be somewhat respectable and unique to Westerners
>>
>>58068173

The elders tend to get cocky in these societies and make you live by their regressive standards.

India and Japan's suicide rates should be enough to prove that this culture is fucked.

Respect people for who they are, not for how old they are.
>>
>>58068173
Asians are very critical of their government. You're just so self-centered you can't see it
>>
>>58069318

Find me more than 1 chinese per 100,000, who has the balls to criticize the CCP
>>
File: miyagi.jpg (48 KB, 630x365) Image search: [Google]
miyagi.jpg
48 KB, 630x365
>>58069025
Master Miyagi will knock you down in a second!
>>
>>58069318
Well Koreans from the north certainly aren't.

I might be biased, since I mostly spoke with Japanese. Bu I felt they barely talked about politics at all. In France, we do it all the time. And when they do talk about it, they say very consensual stuff, like "ou government really isn't good, but there is a huge crisis" or "I understand freedom of speech, but sometimes it's better not to hurt other people".
Let's face it, education in Asia doesn't encourage critical thinking.
>>
Confucianism hinders development. That's why China totally abolished it and it disappeared gradually in Japan and Korea.

Your post is Orientalist and Eurocentric.
>>
>>58069458
Just because they fear persecution doesn't mean they are not critical about CCP.
>>
no, it's a super shitty and archaic system

My university teacher isn't superior to me and there's no reason I should respect him for being a teacher. I should just respect him because he's a fellow human being and that is it.
>>
>>58069482
North Koreans can't be critical not aren't critical.
>>
>>58069667
This.
You can respect him as a human being or on his merits such as being smart and a good teacher.
But Confucianism forces you to "respect" (obey) people because of their titles or age not their merits.

Confucius was a faggot and Confucianism was a mistake. It is maybe as destructive to a country's development as communism.
>>
>>58069211
What do you know about confucianism? Indians all seem to be into cowism or pooism.
>>
>>58069667
>My university teacher isn't superior to me
I can't agree with that. When you're in class, your teacher deserves respect because he's the one who has the knowledge and it's his job to teach you stuff, whether or not you think it's retarded. When I see how students are in France, I wish we were more strict on these matters.
>>
>>58069458

Undeleted Weibo, private gatherings, etc, the list goes on. You just haven't made any effort to look.
>>
>>58069804
"Oh hey guise, I can't think of an original thought to save my life. Oh well, looks like I'm gonna go with the pooinloo joke to show them how much better I am than them." - McAmericuck
>>
Are seonbis shit?
>>
>>58069937
what's that
>>
>>58069458

There's thousands of riots and mass civil disobedience events in China every year you fucking designatee
>>
>>58069969
I heard that Korean scholars of Confucianism
>>
>>58069937
Yes they were jobless NEETs that fed on the blood and sweat and tears of common people.
>>58069969
Korean aristocrats that existed until Japan occupied Korea.
>>
>>58070036

If China can riot against CCP, why can't you riot against Sharia?
>>
>>58070091
Mad dirty peasant that his family doesn't have a glorious history full of great confucian scholar
Praised be Confucius
>>
>>58069860
But what if the teacher is super incompetent and lazy but keeps his job because he licks his superiors' balls and thanks to France's job security? Should you respect him still?
>>
>>58069924
Yea your bollywood jokes are hilarious.

Seriously what do you know? Does India have a Confucious culture? It sounds like you're just talking out of your tar black ass.
>>
>>58070230

I'll take bollywood over your SJWs any day. Good luck with those "you fucking white male"
>>
Is kowtowing a integral part of confuscianism?
>>
>>58068173
only Taoism is valuable philosophy in East Asia. all the rests are nothing other than trash.
>>
>>58070353
Only when you're mom does it to me desu
>>
>>58070185
I've never met people like that. I've known teacher who stopped giving a fuck due to how retarded their students were and the parents were a bunch of assholes. But even though they didn't give a fuck, they were still doing their jobs. If we respected teacher a bit moe in the first place, they might be able to do a better job too.
>>
>>58069860
Indeed, and I can respect a good teacher if he's also a good person and cares about whether the students learn or not.

But a teacher that yells and bitches and treats his students like shit just because he thinks the title "teacher" grants him free passage should not be respected.
>>
>>58070796
the obvious answer is a balance. "liberal" Confucianism if you will.
>>
If only our teachers are paid more.
>>
if only our teachers work less
>>
Confucianism delayed morden development of Korea and China.
Japan succeeded in Modernization because Confucianism had little influence on Japanese culture and Politics in the 19th.
Moral isn't confucianism nor christianity.
Moral is subordination and Mutual surveillance.
>>
>>58068779
this. It's great for developping countries because it helps develop institutions and organize the country.
But once the country is developed the anti-"change/innovation" mindset get in the way.
>>
>>58069667
perhaps he know some shit and you doesn't. So what about shutting the fuck up and listening you pretentious little shit?
>>
>>58068173
>way more organized than the rest

Clearly you have NEVER been to Korea, Japan, or China lmoa
>>
>>58070492
t. Un professeur de lycée banlieusard fatigué et desesperé.

The less developed your country is the more prevalent those fainéants are. You haven't seen any of them because you live in France. In shitty developing Asian countries these types get away with their laziness and incompetence with Confucianism.
>>
>>58070387
>Taoism is valuable philosophy in East Asia
私の黒人
>>
Also French students don't respect their teachers because they can go to any university for free no matter how shitty their grades are. It does not stem from cultural differences.
>>
>>58072844
That's exactly what I'm talking about phamilia.

Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>58069025

>Philippines. absolute shit holes

What makes it a shithole oh enlightened one?
>>
>>58068173
Honestly it really doesn't fucking matter because if a society is doing "bad" something will be blamed by others to explain it then when it's doing good that very said thing will be used to explain why it's good conversely.

All the shit people say that's good about America is 9/10 the same shit people criticize about it on using the exact same wording.
>>
Japan is not asia. Do you know 脱亜論?
>>
>>58075439
The behavior of filipino women

>>58076754
WE WUZ WHITE N SHIT

WE WUZ JOMON
>>
I hate that Con'fu shit
That ruined our modern history
>>
>>58076796

>The behavior of filipino women

And yet here are your countrymen and other yanks, drowning in """"""""exotic"""""""" Filipino women whether for temporary sexual pleasure or permanent marriage.
>>
Japan is asia desu
>>
>>58077314
>bragging about whoring his women

..uhhh...

C U K D
>>
>>58077431
What if Asia is European?
>>
>>58068173
How to differentiate Korean, Chinese, Japanese

Chinese
>speaks more ching ching
>good acting skills
>normal slanted eyes
>driving jokes are still funny to make

Korean (original, non-plastic edition)
>speaks more chong chong
>impressive acting skills
>very slanted eyes/ almost closed
>driving jokes aren't funny, they might hit someone for real

Japanese
>speaks more desu
>worst acting skills, overating on everything
>eyes less slanted, but more baggy lower eyelids
>driving jokes doesn't make sense, but you might want to tell one to go take a nap
>>
>>58078386
what does any of that have to do with confucianism
>>
>>58078455
>whoops
>>
>>58075439
I don't know, maybe lack of toilets for 30-40% of its people?
>>
Confucianism was a mistake imo. This stupid rhetoric of "respect him for he is older and wiser than you!" is bullshit.

No, I will only respect you if you have admirable traits, and show respect to me too.

The Joseon dynasty promoted neo-confucianism, destroying Buddhist influences before becoming the ultimate cucks by "tacitly" supporting the spread of Christianity in the 19th century. Inner court faction bickering over neo-confucianism stunted socio-economic growth. Compare this with Japan, where Buddhism and syncretic faiths were allowed to prosper and spread.

Its ideals of filial piety are good tho imo
>>
File: oh wait.jpg (40 KB, 479x356) Image search: [Google]
oh wait.jpg
40 KB, 479x356
>Asian countries
>getting better

hahahahahahahahaha

>because of Confucianism

... is this a joke?
>>
>>58081617
This
I wanna fuck all Confucianists
>>
>>58069211
That is why you must abuse your parents if they fail to conform to the high standards expected of elders. This happens very often nowadays.
>>
>>58069482
>Japs barely talk about politics
We do. Just not in your posy manner
>>
>East Asia is poor
>durr it must be the Confucianism!
>East Asia is powerful
>hurr it must be the Confucianism!

I want the "Confucianism is responsible for X" meme to die. East Asian countries are only prosperous because of capitalism and American-led investment plans.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.