[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Portuguese sound
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1460844001561.png (20 KB, 214x292) Image search: [Google]
1460844001561.png
20 KB, 214x292
Do portuguese really sound like this to foreigners?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAs0QlgrDdc
>>
kind of sort of
>>
>>58055791
So is he actually speaking Portuguese or just making weird sounds? Sounds about right either way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY
Does English really sound like this to non Anglophones?
>>
File: 1309461385559.png (36 KB, 572x735) Image search: [Google]
1309461385559.png
36 KB, 572x735
portuguese sounds like spanish to me desu.
But you have better folklore music.

post rare kuruminhas.
>>
portuguese sounds like spanish with nasal sounds and more r sounds
>>
>>58057055
He is japanese and speaks portuguese, but he is just making weird noises to exemplify how portuguese sounds to foreigners.
>>
>>58057055
Quebecer here. My English is near perfect at this point so I imagine it sounds to me like what it sounds to you. That said... I saw this video when I was in high school, and it felt essentially the same as when I would hear someone speaking Dutch, think they were speaking English, and be furious and confused as to why I couldn't understand them until I realised they weren't speaking English at all.
>>
>>58057055
>Does English really sound like this to non Anglophones?
Yes, kek.
>>
>>58055791
>>58057055
Yes.
>>
Na minha estadia aqui nos EUA, meu português já foi confundido por: russo, italiano e francês.
>>
>>58055791
AAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>58057055
Yes.

I almost can understand what they are saying, actually.
>>
>>58055791

is he not talking portuguese? lol
>>
no it sounds like drunk russian mixed with spanish

t. american that is fluent in spanish as a second language
>>
>>58055791
well... more or less... if only he speak more fast.

>>58057055
this is so true omg.
>>
>>58055791
>promovendo macete
>muito muito campantancia (???)
kek

that sounds more like carioca portuguese though
>>
he ends with : DELEUZE DELEUZE DELEUZe, he is hanging too much with philosophy hippies from rio.
>>
>>58060555
Sounds more like a weird mix of brazilian and portuguese accents to me.
>>
>>58055791
The first time I heard Portuguese I thought it was a slavic language, and the more I heard the more I picked up the similarities to Spanish and then I realized it was Brazilian.
>>
>>58060633
it's just the way he speaks the s as in "ishchola" for example, sounded really carioca to me
>>
>>58055791
Yes.
That nasal sound makes me shiver.
>>58057055
Yes, exactly like this. Though at first I could see it being Dutch, all those "sh" and "th" and "ts" sounds, as well as how they almost whistle when they pronounce the "s" make it seem like they are permanently lisping, betraying it is English.
>>
>>58057055
I don't actually remember what English sounded like when I couldn't understand it.
>>
>>58060875
I'd imagine like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UaAyI-uI30
>>
>>58059524
Você é de onde?
>>
>>58060897
Sounds like Simlish but worse desu
>>
>>58060897
Oh yeah. Still can't understand shit of some British/Irish accents. I had to use subtitles to watch Dead Man's Shoes.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.