[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>literally has Russia, China and Japan at their fucking doorstep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6
File: North-Korea-physical-map.gif (490 KB, 1412x1687) Image search: [Google]
North-Korea-physical-map.gif
490 KB, 1412x1687
>literally has Russia, China and Japan at their fucking doorstep
>not that far away from the US
>no one has any interest on saving the people there
What the fuck man.
>>
>>58040075
Just shows how weak the UN/USA truly is.
>>
it's a lot more complicated than that
>>

kek
>>
you get 30 million refugees who are good only for manual labor. Do you think any of tose countries need more of this?
>>
North Korean girls are the purest Azns
>>
>>58040190
We could use them in Siberia though

Those Gulags aren't going to support themselves you know :DDDDDDDD
>>
>>58040190
that and the fact that several north koreans who defected to south korea defected back to nk should tell you about how difficult/potentially dangerous it would be for them to get reintegrated into the rest of the world.

also the fact that if we did anything in earnest seoul could get leveled
>>
>>58040190
Put them in factories, I don't give a fuck.
It's alot better than just letting them have their unhappy lives there or die just because Kim wants it so.
Besides, I don't feel comfortable leaving him to die peacefully on his bed or some shit.
>>
>>58040337
isn't putin a bit sympathetic with north korea?
>>
>>58040075
Some people run to Russia. There even was a documentary on some our state channel about such people. They run to Vladivostok and try to start a normal life. Unlike chinks koreans are cool people.
>>
>>58040675
>Unlike chinks koreans are cool people.
yea i agree, i got along with koreans at my uni chinks were like aliens
>>
>>58040403
No. We do not do any business with them. After fall of the Soviet Union we stopped providing their power plants with fuel unless they start paying for it. They still didn't.
>>
China and Russia have no interest in fucking with NK because it is a buffer zone between them and South Korea (Which is basically a glorified US military base from their perspective)
>>
>>58040125

this, if they were adctually superpowers, theyd have rolled over nk a long time ago. reminder that usa lost against china in the korean war
>>
>>58040075
Gook here. I'd rather see it purified with nukes so us south gooks can use it as storage lol.
>>
>>58040190
Japan actually can
>>
>>58040075
>not that far away from US

It's literally the other side of the planet
>>
>>58040872
>usa lost against china

Then why does South Korea exist?

The reason the war happened in the first place is because China was goading the commies to genocide half the Korean population
>>
>>58040794
We actually would be glad if NK would dissapear somehow. Business is interested in trading with South Korea, we have visa free regime with them and just imagine a railroad tp Seoul. You will be able to travel from Gibraltar to Pusan by train or car.
>>
>>58040372
>Put them in factories, I don't give a fuck.

They are already used at the factory between those Korean countries and which benefits them both (S Korean investments).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaesong_Industrial_Region
>>
>>58040204

Can you imagine what a North Korean wife must be like?
>>
File: 1356723054984.gif (3 MB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1356723054984.gif
3 MB, 480x320
>>58040075
>>
>>58040675
So somehow third world commie Norks are better than Chinese?

Sounds like bullshit.
>>
The US won't do anything to them because
1) We don't want another war
2) We'd have to completely rebuild them and get them up to speed with the rest of the civilized world.

It's just not worth it.
>>
>>58041140
she'd imagine it's Kim Jong Un fucking her every time you have sex.
>>
File: thread reallife asia CIV5.jpg (549 KB, 600x5211) Image search: [Google]
thread reallife asia CIV5.jpg
549 KB, 600x5211
>>
>>58040125
We don't invade because we'd rather not let get SK nuked

>>58040872
>usa lost against china in the korean war
You know the war never ended right? The Korean war is still going on, it's just in a ceasefire.
>>
>>58041019
you muricans have military bases everywhere, so no excuses
>>
>>58040075
Just nuke it so SK can be an island.
>>
>>58041243
It was worth it with Japan and Germany though wasn't it

Well maybe not Germany, Japan though
>>
>>58041059
You need to open a history book.

No one lost or won, but the fact starving Chinks pushed a UN army all the way from the Yalu to south of Seoul says something about our supposed military superiority.
>>
>>58041349
How about you shut the fuck up and start badgering the portuguese military to get off its ass and do something

Oh wait you literally can't do anything because your country is useless
>>
>>58041349
Don't forget the hundreds of submarines with nukes
>>
>>58041059

nope, china came in, you retreated, you lost. retreating = defeat. an actual victory would have secured the complete penninsula. an actual superpower would have decimated china bakc then
>>
>>58041251
Good post desu
>>
>>58040125
>Just shows how weak the UN/USA truly is.
Just shows how weak the CN/RUS truly is.
>>
>>58041527
an all out war would've led to nuclear war, which north korea is not worth
>>
>>58041387
>Japan though

No
>>
>>58041527
The line was literally just redrawn straight at the exact point it was before the war, it was a stalem-

>Panama

Oh wait, you were probably too busy picking bananas and building cruise ships to survive instead of going to school and learning this
>>
>>58041242
They do not act like bio robots that can interact only with other chinks. Also they integrate and assimilate very fast.
>>
>panamad is back

what's his deal anyway
>>
>>58041625
How so?

NK only is still alive because they trade with them and provide food.
>>
>>58041754
They don't trade with us ffs. They receive food as american and south korean humanitarian aid.
>>
>>58040075
We should make "north korea has undiscovered oil reserves" a meme
>>
>>58041687
>they integrate and assimilate really fast

Where exactly is there evidence of this?

The only examples I know of barely can speak english and are mostly leftwing.

Only about 300,000 NK refugees have made it out of NK since 1950, and most of them are in China.
>>
>>58041694
He is mad about how we made his country an ocean highway.
>>
>>58041325
>>usa lost against china in the korean war
>You know the war never ended right? The Korean war is still going on, it's just in a ceasefire.

oh, so I guess youre telling me you could win it any day now?

man usa military is so lame i dont think you could fight china right now, let alone nk. i bet nk would fend off usa on its own
>>
>>58041827
Umm... Yes they do trade with y'all. China is the main one they trade with of course.

And yeah, the food aid comes from all 5 UNSC members. France, UK, America, China, and Russia.
>>
>>58041242
>>58041687

I heard Norks have trouble integrating since the idea of finance and savings is obscure to them.
>>
>>58041694
He's just a butthurt citizen of an american puppet
>>
>>58041527
>retreating = defeat

That's exactly what the Chinese did during their 2nd spring offensive.

Chinese confirmed for losing the war
>>
>>58040075
North Korea is the place where Putin does his shit without being controlled by anyone...
>>
>>58041935
Not just that. They are by and large horrible at english. Very very few can escape at a young age, and Korean like other East asian languages is very incompatible with English.

So this Russian is being a faggot.

Only 300,000 have escaped since 1950 and most live in China undercover.
So his evidence is shit. A few good ones in Vladivostok is not evidence.
>>
>>58041935
So like regular russians.
>>58041843
I know some families that moved here in 90's. The only think that differs them from some yakuts or kalmyks is the surname.
>>58041928
China-yes. If we talk about Russia-no.
>>
>>58042064
?

>>58042056
Well see China's goal was to push America out of NK.
Main goal achieved.
America's goal was to destroy NK.
Main goal not achieved.
>>
>>58042160
>they suck in english therefpre they integrate bad to russian society.
Have your parents ever told you that you wete a special kid?
>>
File: 1356287902494.png (71 KB, 760x654) Image search: [Google]
1356287902494.png
71 KB, 760x654
>>58041875
I know you hate Americans and all, but there was no peace treaty. Also, why does an armistice mean that the US lost?
>>
>>58042244
Russia and NK trade. Stop bullshitting me.

>>58042341
Russia is a pretty third world society, and I doubt its difficult to not kill each other and to learn to drink, so yeah I guess so.
>>
>>58041325
So you're just going to wait for them to have more nukes?
>>
>>58042350
There doesn't have to be a peace treaty to lose a war.

Japan surrendered in August 1945.
Peace treaty in September. Did they not "lose" for a month even though they had surrendered?
>>
>>58042480
Yeah

NK isn't going to use its nukes. It's struggling to even miniaturize them and put them on missiles.

Might as well make SK and Japan more dependent on America and have them hate China more.
It's disgusting to think, but it fulfills our plan to contain China. The idiots are too stupid to see what we are doing.
>>
>>58042260
>China's goal was to push America out of NK

It was actually this:

>>58041059

Why do you think the communists started killing their fellow countrymen in the first place you retard ? Who do you think encouraged and funded them?

The North Korean war is the result of China's first iimperialistic intervention of the 20th century
>>
Why did North Korea decide to invade South Korea in 1950?
>>
>>58042480
I guess, but we'll eventually have countermeasures against ICBMs

>>58042548
But there was just an armistice and South Korea is still under democratic rule. I would not consider that defeat.
>>
>>58042451
>80mln$ in 2014 and decreasing
>40% of that is oil and other fuels from Russia
My town has bigger export.
>>
>>58042736

>China's first imperialistic intervention

I thought they were busy killing themselves with the ROC and PRC conflict.
>>
>>58042736
You're fucking retarded meme history absolutely amazes me.

NK was anti-Chinese and pro-Soviet.

China in no way demanded or told NK to invade the South.

It was the USSR that goaded them on and supplied them with all their weaponry.

China was a total shithole that was still in civil war in July 1950.

Or find me a source of China telling NK to invade the South.
>>
>>58041458
kek

how about you realise that in my contry we have free health care and you go bankrupt for paying for an ambulance.
>>
>>58042778
>eventually

Haha nothing is gonna keep Seoul from being nuked if the Norks want to do it.

The Norks don't want to nuke the people they consider their brothers though.
>>
>>58042480
Yeah. Nukes are a good excuse for us to deploy more military right next to China. And China is getting pissed about this.
>>
>>58042847
Nork economy is $10-20 billion senpai.

>>58042871
This poster has meme history. Ignore him. The USSR is who asked the Norks to invade the South. They were the ones who literally armed the Norks. Not the Chinese.
>>
>>58042997
Well if SK gets nuked then we could turn NK into a smoldering skidmark and be seen as heroes.
>>
>>58042921
>China in no way demanded or told NK to invade the South.

top fucking lel

I hear Russia Today is taking applications. What are you doing here
>>
>>58040872
We own you
>>
>>58043103
Unlikely. China will flip its shit if nukes fly right next to China.

We will see a massive dual invasion of NK from both sides. It'll stay conventional.

Technically that would still turn NK into a skid mark anways haha.
>>
>>58042946
That's completely irrelevant to what you replied to and what you said previously.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>58042946
>>
>>58042946
I don't go bankrupt because I have insurance

Now back to what I said about your irrelevant country being absolutely useless and needing us to fight all your battles
>>
>>58043134
>In April 1950, Stalin gave Kim permission to invade the South under the condition that Mao would agree to send reinforcements if they became needed. Stalin made it clear that Soviet forces would not openly engage in combat, to avoid a direct war with the Americans.[93] Kim met with Mao in May 1950. Mao was concerned that the Americans would intervene but agreed to support the North Korean invasion. China desperately needed the economic and military aid promised by the Soviets. At that time, the Chinese were in the process of demobilizing half of the PLA's 5.6 million soldiers.[94]
>>
>China stops supporting NK
>government colapses in 5 years
>millions pour into northern China and SK
>have absolutely no social skills
>too malnourished to do anything

whats the worse that can happen
>>
File: 48e.png (359 KB, 662x450) Image search: [Google]
48e.png
359 KB, 662x450
>>58040075
It's exactly because Russia, China and Japan are there that noone intervenes in this situation, among other reasons.

This country has been at war with itself for over 60 years, armistice or not. If the curtain falls and hostilities resume then a very great deal of collateral damage will happen on several levels, for both Koreas and also the international community at large.

First and foremost, a great portion of northern Seoul is within range of North Korea's artillery just north of the DMZ. In the opening weeks of conflict the capital of south Korea; one of the three most advanced economies in far east Asia, will be shelled to oblivion. Hundreds of thousands will likely die.

The devastation to South Korea will reverberate through the global economy, resulting in financial instability and potential risk of recession depending on how much wealth is obliterated in the fires of the war.

In the aftermath of the conflict, South Korea will have to support and rehabilitate the newly emancipated North Koreans, as well as develop modern infrastructure throughout the rest of their reclaimed territory. This has strong potential to be the single largest humanitarian disaster in history. Trillions in foreign aid will be required to prop up reconstructing a country that will otherwise fail, whose role in the global economy is too important to replace.

China will lose it's buffer and Manchuria will be wide open. This could strain US/Chinese relations a great deal, which harms both countries, particularly China.

Instigating renewed warfare in Korea also damages US/Japanese relations too, as Japan will inevitably be forced into the conflict in order to maintain their territorial integrity. The increased tension for China also increases the risk of serious exchanges between these powers too, something else America can't tolerate because of it's trade ties with both powers.

tl;dr the world is a highly interconnected place these days and we all need each other.
>>
There's literally nothing of value there at this point, so why invade and tangle ourselves in a shitstorm with our largest trading power over it. Even free they're a large cost with over a third of their country being the Asian version of Somalia. The only good way for it to end is a China annexation since they're large enough to take the hit, but even then China gets nothing out of it.
>>
>>58043284
what battles? You must pay like 300 for a shitty insurance, all your tax money goes to NSA and shit, waste of money, and guess what, we don't have student loans because nobody needs it and everyone can easily go to college because our goverment doesnt waste money on trying to control their citizens and still gets a lot of gunfire in schools.
>>
>>58041648
Not it wouldnt since china didnt have nukes at the time.
>>
>>58044086
Your colleges are also absolute shit and anybody who is serious about their education comes to the US (or sometimes the UK)

You can't compete, stop typing, even your fucking crotchspawn brazil is a more successful nation than you
>>
>>58041875
No we stopped because of the policy of containment and its simply not worth it anymore to attack it due to how militarized its population is and the fact that they can nuke SK

Policy of containment was to contain communism and let it die out, which in the context of Korea means when the norks invaded we were simply going to push back to the original division (the general who pushed beyond that was fired, we went back to ~the original division aka the current DMZ)
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.