[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>feet and inches >fahrenheit >pounds and stones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: louis ck.png (282 KB, 423x455) Image search: [Google]
louis ck.png
282 KB, 423x455
>feet and inches
>fahrenheit
>pounds and stones
>>
>>58002765
mamma mia!, theese-a anglos is-a crazy!
>>
>we call handegg "football" because the ball is one foot long
>>
>US customary+imperial are more practical for everyday use
>metric is more practical for science

wow
>>
>>58002983
Loving this meme
>>
>>58003027
The truth isn't a meme.
>>
>>58003057
I'd say having 1 measurement system for all uses is the most practical. The imperial units are just a result of the special snowflake tendencies in all Americans.
>>
>>58003105
No, they came from the practical use of everyday life. They aren't arbitrary units based around multiples of ten.

Learn context.
>>
>>58003183
Not the origin, but the fact that they are still being used.

I could say the same, quite obvious in the context.
>>
File: gravity.gif (2 MB, 500x315) Image search: [Google]
gravity.gif
2 MB, 500x315
>>58002765
>slugs
>>
>>58003057
>>58002983
>he defends total bullshit
I bet you're the retard that gets butthurt af in every thread with all bantz towards the US
>>
>>58003425
They are still being used because they are still useful.
>>58003461
Go speak Esperanto if you want "universals".
>>
>>58002765
> on September 23, 1999, communication with the spacecraft was lost as the spacecraft went into orbital insertion, due to computer software which produced output in non-SI units

Good fucking jobs muricans!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter
>>
File: marsbarz.jpg (5 KB, 279x181) Image search: [Google]
marsbarz.jpg
5 KB, 279x181
>>58003105
>all uses
I assume you measure time in base 10?
>>
File: metric.jpg (32 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
metric.jpg
32 KB, 450x300
>>58003521
>Brazil
>space program
>>
>>58002765
>only american and libya still use imperial system
>libya
>lib
>ya
>>
File: rock460.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
rock460.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
>>58002765

So I took my daughters out to play some video games at the old school school arcade. No big deal right? Just being a good father right?
>murmurs of agreement from the crowd
And here's the thing, my kids LOVE video games; I mean LOVE video games; obsessed with video games; can't get enough of video games; all they fucking. eat. and. breathe. is. video games.
>some laughter
My kids love video games more than niggas love voting democrat
>more laughter, a few women wiping their tears with their aunt jemima cooking aprons
I put them in for one of those two player games so that they could play together. But here's what I forgot! Arcade games have different controllers!
>laughter stops
They weren't anything like their console controllers at home so they didn't really know how to use the them! You see?
>Audience is silent
So I tried to show them by taking one joystick in each hand. This stuff was natural to me, I realized, because we weren't actually at the arcade. WE WERE AT THE NEW, LIVE IN HARLEM, INTERRACIAL BREEDING GROUNDS
>The crowd goes wild with cheering and hollering
AND THOSE WEREN'T JOYSTICKS IN MY HANDS
>The noise from the crowd is almost deafening
THEY WERE BIG!
>The black women in the crowd can be seen being pulled away from their husbands, disappearing into the horde of white men in suits on the balconies.
WHITE!
>Dry martini glasses and olives rain from the orgies above, the husbands are being torn limb from limb to the sounds of screeching. Those few black men seated in the upper levels of the auditorium are being hurled to their deaths
DICKS!
>"No Surprises" begins playing from every speaker in the building. Those black men unfortunate enough to not be killed in the initial pandemonium are rounded up and doused in kerosene to light the way for Chris's daughters, tied to a spit, being brought in from backstage.
>>
>>58003556
Second is a unit in the SI system.
>>
>>58003598
>USA boycotts Brazilian space program
>"lmao Brazil has no space program xD"

The fact is that, nowadays, if you want to start a space program from zero you need USA's "approval" - as in, you need access to some technology and logistics. Or Russia's, but those guys are crazy. Unfortunately our countries haven't had the best relationship after John Snowden's leak, so our space program has been frozen ever since. But I get your point though. You guys rock.
>>
>>58003105
>>58003425
You fell into their trap anon

Don't reply to retards
>>
File: 1458090214399.png (7 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1458090214399.png
7 KB, 420x420
We did it again boys, we riddled our thoughts deep into foreigners' subconscious and forced them to make yet another thread about us. That hegemon feeling, one they can only read about in their books but we live every single day. It's good to be the king.
>>
>>58002983
except not really, imperial is shit tier
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.