[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come there isn't a better country than Vietnam? >Defeated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10
File: vietnam-1.jpg (86 KB, 810x360) Image search: [Google]
vietnam-1.jpg
86 KB, 810x360
How come there isn't a better country than Vietnam?

>Defeated the French
>Defeated the Japanese
>Defeated the Chinese
>Defeated the USA

Why are they so awesome?
>>
I know right? much respect for vietnamese people
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Vietnam_(1945–46)

Didn't defeat us though
>>
>>58002045
Yep. They deserve respect for real.

They're the epitome of "Stopped taking shit from the bullies and kicked them all out"
>>
File: 1460354574660.jpg (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1460354574660.jpg
6 KB, 240x240
>>58002009
except we didn't lose
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMhgcuqblqA
>>
Vietnamese girls are qt
>>
>>58002197

>have objective
>fail to accomplish objective
>victory
>>
Post Vietnamese cuties.

(DO NOT POST ELLY TRAN, SHE IS A PLASTIC MONSTER)
>>
File: Da Tu.jpg (73 KB, 640x980) Image search: [Google]
Da Tu.jpg
73 KB, 640x980
>>
>>58002284
I really like ao dai
It's very elegant and glaceful
>>
>>58002252
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Peace_Accords
>>
>>58002332
Yes I agree. Also, Viet girls have the best asses out of Asians.
>>
>>58003353
>ass
I-I don't know about that…………
>>
>>58003592
I have a lot of experience with butts. Viet butt is subarashi.
>>
>>58003796
I'm not gay
>>
Thailand is better
>>
>>58002009
Up to 155,000 refugees fleeing the final NVA Spring Offensive were killed or abducted on the road to Tuy Hòa in 1975.[81] Sources have estimated that 165,000 South Vietnamese died in the re-education camps out of 1–2.5 million sent,[82][better source needed] while somewhere between 50,000 and 250,000 were executed.[83][84][85] Rummel estimates that slave labor in the "New Economic Zones" caused 50,000 deaths (out of a total 1 million deported).[83][84] According to the United Nations High Commission for Refugees, between 200,000 and 400,000 Vietnamese boat people died at sea,[86] although Rummel cites estimates ranging from 100,000 to 1,000,000.[84] Including Vietnam's foreign democide, Rummel estimates that a minimum of 400,000 and a maximum of slightly less than 2.5 million people died of political violence from 1975–87 at the hands of Hanoi.[84] In 1988, Vietnam suffered a famine that afflicted millions.[87]

good thing they kicked out america we might have ruined the country like what we did to Japan and south korea.
>>
>>58003867
I was talking about girls. You're a girl?
>>
>>58003978
During the last three years friends and I have interviewed several hundred former prisoners, read newspaper articles on the camps as well as various reports of Amnesty International, and have studied official statements from the Vietnamese Government and its press on the re-education camps. The picture that emerges is one of severe hardship, where prisoners are kept on a starvation diet, overworked and harshly punished for minor infractions of camp rules. We know of cases where prisoners have been beaten to death, confined to dark cells or in ditches dug around the perimeters of the camps and executed for attempting escape. A common form of punishment is confinement to the CONEX boxes—air-freight containers that were left behind by the United States in 1975. The boxes vary in size; some are made of wood and others of metal. In a CONEX box 4 feet high and 4 feet wide, for example, several prisoners would be confined with their feet shackled, and allowed only one bowl of rice and water a day. "It reminded me of the pictures I saw of Nazi camp inmates after World War II," said a physician we interviewed who witnessed the release of four prisoners who had been confined to a CONEX box for one month. None of them survived."[4]
>>
>>58003978
>>58004028
like i'm gonna read all that. i post on 4chan to talk shit, not to learn shit.
>>
>>58004002
I'm not gay so I don't love viet girls in romantic way
I want Vietnamese female friend though
>>
File: DSC_0225.jpg (205 KB, 1349x900) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0225.jpg
205 KB, 1349x900
>kicked developed civilizations out
>still living in middle age farming rice and shit

A-at least our women are qt. ;_;
>>
>>58004427
>cute girls
>beautiful land
>delicious food
>long history
Still better than half of the world though……………
>>
>>58003978
>>58004028
Buttmad south dog detected
>>
Their money is called a dong lol
>>
>>58004557
>beautiful land
Rapidly destroyed by our government and corporations. Wildlife poached to extinction. We lost 80% of our forest in just a decade.

>delicious food
Filled with highly chemicals to the brim, there's a reason cancer rate in Vietnam is highest in the world. Farm animals are fed highly toxic materials to yield more meat. All thanks to non existent food safety regulations. As long as you bribe the gov you will get away with anything.

>long history
Ancient history is mostly fabricated, filled with myths and dubious tales since the Chinese burned all our of books during Han domination period. Recent history is bullshit thanks to communism influence.

Qt girls is really the only thing we have.
>>
>>58004807
>communism influence.
I think this is one of the main reasons why Vietnam is not so good.
>>
>>58004807
Fucking chinks burning their books.
>>
File: 1426626172801.png (60 KB, 860x650) Image search: [Google]
1426626172801.png
60 KB, 860x650
>>58002009
>Defeated the USA
>>
>>58004807
S-sorry……………
>>
>>58002009
Japan had not fought against Vietnam.
It was France at the WW2.
>>
>>58005352
Shut up.
>>
>>58004427
You're going to catch up though surely. Hasn't your economy been growing at a really fast rate, similar to what China experienced when they opened up.

I mean compared to your other neighbours (Barring Thailand) you're doing much better.

>>58004807
Even if the meat is poison the recipes are incredibly good. Vietnamese food is in the top 5 worldwide.
>>
File: 14.jpg (297 KB, 1240x945) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
297 KB, 1240x945
Japan was not beaten by Vietnam.
Japan finnish invading Indochina Peninsula under French in a half of year.

Japan kept controling Vietnam after being nuked.

>>OP is stupid.
>>
>>58002197
>murican in denial
>>
>>58005611
We're not going to catch up, we're actually falling behind Laos and Cambodia in every single aspect except the military.

Our government have huge debt to pay this year and they can't borrow more at low interest starting next year, and of course with corruption running rampant. Our national treasury is literally empty so they're tapping into people insurance money and increasing tax/fee on everything. This killed 80% of businesses in Vietnam so there's very little tax money coming from them in the future. In only a few years they won't be able to pay retired workers who paid insurance anymore and this country will fall into a civil war.

Most of the Vietnamese are not very aware of the situation their country is in, but the smart ones have been evacuating their assets and moving out of the country in droves. Myself included.
>>
>>58005842
That's sad to hear man. I had read an article on tech startups and the children of vietnamese diaspora moving into the country which painted it as the land of opportunity.

If everything is as dire as you say it is then you've been successful at fooling the world at any rate.
>>
>>58002717
>The Paris Peace Accords stipulated a sixty-day period for the total withdrawal of U.S. forces. "This article", noted Peter Church, "proved… to be the only one of the Paris Agreements which was fully carried out."[251]
>>
>>58005014
They had very few to burn.
>>
File: Surprised_Face.jpg (52 KB, 600x748) Image search: [Google]
Surprised_Face.jpg
52 KB, 600x748
>>58006007
Found the Chinaman!
>>
>>58005611
>You're going to catch up though surely. Hasn't your economy been growing at a really fast rate, similar to what China experienced when they opened up.

Nahhhh

They're still growing slower than China.
Cambodia and Laos are growing faster, and Thailand is objectively better.

Only Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh are decent cities.
>>
>>58006033
Vietnamese books back the were literally written in Chinese. They would burn the books when they would kick the Chinese out as well.

Every aspiring king needs to change the history, not just the Chinese.
>>
>>58006099
How come Vietnam successfully adopted an alphabet but China is still using that hieroglyphic shit?
>>
>>58006147
Many reasons.

Mainly becausd China has never been colonized and dominated for extended periods of time by foreign powers. There was no foreign necessity to change the writing system.

Vietnam on the other hand...
>>
>>58006147
Because le french
>>
>>58006183
What about the Mongolians and Manchurians?
>>
>>58006044
Thailand growth rate not even half of Vietnam.
And Cambodia and Laos only about 0.50-1 percent, but in exchange Vietnamese GDP better than them so Vietnamese GDP grow a lot more.
But Vietnam have higher debt than 3 of them which only way rescue are USA since chink not gonna help future enemy unlike Jew which have *business* brain.
>>58006183
China Population too big and it's nearly double the size of India in 1900, obviously make any conquerer have headache to keep them like Japan only took half of them and they start defect to communist.
>>58006147
Since Vietnamese very welcome the new language because it's change like this
Chinese -> France -> Vietnamese.
>>
>>58006183
>China has never been colonized and dominated for extended periods of time by foreign powers

What do you call the Mongols then? And if I remember correctly there were several other horse-riding nomads that conquered China and ruled it for hundreds of ears throughout China's history. Not to mention the Century of Humiliation where a dozen industrialized powers carved up China like a pie.
>>
Anyway, I love Vietnam!
>>
>Defeated the Japanese

Except that didn't happen.
>>
>Defeated the French
Big deal. Besides, France was occupied with other shit.

>Defeated the Japanese
Never happened.

>Defeated the Chinese
Neither side actually won.

>Defeated the USA
Not really. America left due to political pressure back home.
>>
Laos and Myanmar are nicer
>>
>>58008713
Both are shit holes.
>>
>>58008822
>implying Vietnam isn't
>>
>>58007783
We do beated China some times. Although nowaday China government and military is very strong and aggressive.
>>
Netherlands
>Defeated Spain
>Defeated Germany
>Defeated France
>Defeated England
>Defeated Portugal
>>
>>58010364
Hello :)
>>
>>58010364
>Became a bitch of the House of Orange and therefore England
>Raped by the French Revolution
>Raped again by Napoleon
>Beaten up by Prussians
>Destroyed by Nazis
>Slapped by Indons
>>
>>58010196
Only when a Chinese dynasty was ending and going through a transitioning period did Vietnam briefly win their freedom. But soon after the establishment of a new Chinese dynasty, China would go conquer Vietnam again.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.