[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Texas going to England in a couple weeks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 435234.jpg (80 KB, 858x687) Image search: [Google]
435234.jpg
80 KB, 858x687
My grandfather passed away 2 weeks ago and my parents, brother, and I had to hurry to plan the unexpected trip.
My stepfather is British, his parents live in Margate England so that's where we will be staying.
We're mainly going to visit family, my grandmother and uncle, but my brother and I are renting our own car and plan to take off for a few days to go do European things.
If we leave for 3 or 4 days we should be able to see a lot of awesome shit.

I'm open to suggestions. I've never been across the pond so I'm really looking forward to it.
I'd really like to go to Germany and or Scotland. My brother wants nothing to do with France although I wouldn't mind seeing Paris. I'm calling on you guys' knowledge and hoping for some good suggestions.
>>
File: 8321643589776675.jpg (7 KB, 237x192) Image search: [Google]
8321643589776675.jpg
7 KB, 237x192
FGNGGGGFGGFSADN ANDAN FN SFNSE REFDSF HURGGGHHHGHHHHHHHH
>>
>>57997258
>My stepfather is British

So you're his wife's son?
>>
>>57997258
Come to Germany pls
Nürnberg, Bamberg and Würzburg as well as Potsdam are god tier
>>
>>57997258
>I'd really like to go to Germany and or Scotland. My brother wants nothing to do with France although I wouldn't mind seeing Paris. I'm calling on you guys' knowledge and hoping for some good suggestions.
how do you figure youre going to do all that in two weeks
>>
File: 67434234675654.jpg (72 KB, 680x707) Image search: [Google]
67434234675654.jpg
72 KB, 680x707
>>57997379
>>
>>57997387
I want to drink your beer. German beer is clearly the nectar of the gods.

>>57997407
I'm not necessarily planning to do all of it, I'm just throwing out some of my ideas so far.

>>57997379
>>57997324
Come on Britbongs, lets hug.
>>
I keep hearing americans are super rich yet 90% have never even left their country.
Meanwhile most Europeans have been to tons of different countries yet make much less money.
What do they do with all that money?
>>
>>57997466
You'd probably be better off using trains and shit rather than driving if you want to see shit across Europe. Can be a bit of a pain in the arse using a drive-on ferry boat. There's tons of shit to do in London though and then you can get the Eurostar straight to Paris and then onto wherever
>>
>>57997470
It's easy to travel to tons of other countries when it's as dense as it is in your part of the world. I can drive for 10 hours from where I live and still be in Texas. From Margate I could cross 5 countries in that time. Land mass kind of sucks for that.
>>
>>57997470
travel domestically, also a lot of people put themselves locked up in golden handcuffs, which is where they're earning a lot of money but all of their income is going into paying for their mansion and luxury car

essentially, international travel isn't a priority for average people here.

also, take a look at the flights to europe and compare it to your 100 euro romp to spain that you might take once a year. that same trip would be about 2k from a major hub here.
>>
>>57997258

>Margate
Not far from Canterbury at all I would defo recommended that and see the cathedral and whatnot. Very touristy place, lots of Europeans
>>
>>57997629
>>57997628
I find it weird.
I have always lived in some of the poorest housing my country has to offer pretty much.
I have been to America twice, Lots of different parts of Europe and i'm going to Asia this summer.
Yet most Americans who earn quite a lot of money can't afford this somehow?
>>
>>57997629
>which is where they're earning a lot of money but all of their income is going into paying for their mansion and luxury car
You could say the same thing for any country. I don't think we're that different. Americans just tend to travel more domestically, like you said. If your country is 300k sq km, then you don't have much of a choice whether to leave when you need to satisfy your wanderlust. Our country is 10 million sq km (not including Canada) and there's the added benefit of being able to speak the language wherever you go.
>>
>>57997629
Thiiiiiis. My ticket alone was $1400 plus another $200 to get my passport. I'm nearly 2 grand in and I haven't even left.

>>57997649
I'm certain we will see Canterbury Cathedral. My parents were wed there so my mom will definitely want to show us.

>>57997577
I'll check into it but I've never really done trains so I'd probably want my own transportation.
>>
>>57997813
>Yet most Americans who earn quite a lot of money can't afford this somehow?
how have you read my post and replied with this?

i suppose i will humor you and say that we are really fucking poor compared to glorious western europe
>>
Alsi been to Scotland once didnt see loads of it but went to Loch Lomond. Very beautiful.
>>
>>57997824
A coworker of mine flew to Cali not too long ago for a Drive Like Jehu reunion. Many people go to Jersey to gamble or enjoy the beach. Some friends of mine do a fishing/overnight camping thing on an unpopulated island in Maryland. A lot of people fly to Florida during the summer (which I don't get; it's hot as fuck during summer).
>>
yurops are all asleep now op
>>
>>57997813
Eh

US states are much more interesting for travel destinations
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.