[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>is poor >blames other people Why are poor people so stupid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 19
File: mutsispillu.jpg (14 KB, 331x232) Image search: [Google]
mutsispillu.jpg
14 KB, 331x232
>is poor
>blames other people
Why are poor people so stupid?
>>
File: 1455294023370.png (642 KB, 1506x1600) Image search: [Google]
1455294023370.png
642 KB, 1506x1600
That's why they're poor in the first place.

Thinking isn't their strong suit.

Kill them all.
>>
because poverty is cause by inequality of opportunity which is caused by other people
>>
>born in a first world country
>born in a middle+ class supportive family
>"lol those poor people should just study and work harder, if I can do it so can they"
>>
>is literally the most privileged class in the world (straight white male)
>blames all his problems on minorities and women
Why are white men so terrible?
>>
People who build their wealth on the whipped backs of others should be shot.
>>
>>57955897
It's 100% the people fault. Mostly because they're untermensch
>>
File: 1458371762504.jpg (84 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1458371762504.jpg
84 KB, 600x800
>>57955897
There's people who became millionaires from nothing in every single country.

If they can do it, why can't you?

The issue is not a lack of skill or circumstance. But rather a lack of will power, determination and delayed gratification.
>>
>>57955850
>be poor
>go school
>go to work
>get money
>be no longer poor
How hard was that? But "fuck muh fucking government! they don't care about us! Fucking selfish rich people should give us their money! It's their fault i'm poor!"
>>
>>57955937
So eastern Europe is poor because they are subhuman and not because of decades of communism?
>>
>>57955950
That's why they're poor dude. They'll never learn.

They blame others for their failures. Until they understand that the world owes you nothing and that what you have in life is EXACTLY what you've earned/deserve, they will always be poor.
>>
>>57955940
those people are lucky, and not everyone has that kind of luck. It amazes me how people like you exist. Are you so unaware of how the real world works that you seriously think determination and will power is the only requisite you need to become successful? Yeah tell that to a child slave workers in China, an African child with a life expectancy shorter than a dog's, or a Latin American with no real access to education. You guys are so fucking delusional in your happy comfy world.
>>
>>57955950
poverty does something to the mind as well

you know how people bully poorer kids it can effect them psychologically and it can make them into thinking that it's their lot in life

the social aspects of poverty cannot be brushed away by "laziness" or "that's the way they are" this is defeatist attitude, the same kind of trap that poverty produces
>>
>>57955954
Is this even a question, there's a reason why western Europeans dislike them. They are less than human and should exterminated or used for science
>>
Why are Canadians so shit at baiting?
>>
>>57956059
Blame torontians and their Detroit complex
>>
>>57955950
>be poor
>can't afford to go to school because not every school is free like in Finland you dumb cunt
>???
>work as a locksmith/window washer for the rest of your life
That's why
>>
Countries can have bad economic policies that make it hard for people to become not poor. Especially in third world countries, where the ruling party sometimes values their currency too high to make importing luxury goods cheaper for them and their cronies, but exporting things (especially agriculture, this seriously hurts farmers in third world countries so bad) more expensive so businesses have a hard time expanding out of the country.
>>
>>57956059
>it's bait to tell people to focus on things they can control and not blame others for their failures

Stay poor, dude.

Maybe if you whine enough some rich guy will give you money for free tho
>>
expected this post from a burger tbqh. shame on you finland.

t. richfag
>>
>>57955950
>>57955988
Are you guys fucking retarded? Did you ever go to school? What the fuck makes you think EVERYONE can get quality education? Live in a poor condition and you'll probably won't even TRY to go to school. The few poor people that end up successful had to do ten times the effort you did to get the same achievements, and even then they needed luck.
>>
>lives in a highly protectionist, first world country with lots of people who have money to spend
>doesn't realize most of the world doesn't have that advantage when it comes to starting a business
>>
>>57956047
>He got lucky!!!!

Uh so did he just happen to wake up one day with a successful business earning him tens of thousands in profit a month one day after shitposting on 4chan for years?

Nope.

It's true. Luck plays a decent role.

But the harder you try the luckier you seem to get.

Look you can keep making excuses all day, but it's not going to help your situation.

Instead of whining, think about what you can do to fix your situation.

That's what winners do. Losers just cry and whine hoping some successful person will just swoop in and save them. - NOT gonna happen.
>>
>>57956182
>my father gave me a small loan of 1 million dollars
Ok Donald
>>
>>57956090
Then why do poor people in Finland blame others for their poverty. Of course people in shitholes like somalia cant go to schools but I'm talking about people in first world countries?
>>
File: 150430_bernie_sanders_gty_629.jpg (59 KB, 1160x629) Image search: [Google]
150430_bernie_sanders_gty_629.jpg
59 KB, 1160x629
>>57956206
>everyone rich just inherits money!!!

Why do I bother? Whatever guys, have some feel good circlejerk memes instead of getting actual advice

YEAH GUYS IT'S THE JEWS/SJWS/WHITE MAN/WEST/YOUR PARENTS/GOVERNMENT'S FAULT YOU'RE POOR.

DONT WORRY JUST KEEP POSTING ON 4CHAN AND TRYING TO GET THE RICH TO "SHARE THE WEALTH". ONE DAY IT WILL COME AND WE'LL ALL BE RICH PROVIDING ZERO VALUE

EVERYONE RICH EITHER GOT LUCKY OR INHERITED THEIR MONEY. NEVER MIND THE FACE THE MAJORITY OF BILLIONAIRES ARE SELFMADE.

IM SICK AND TIRED OF CAPITALIST DOGS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ME EVEN THOUGH I DONT PROVIDE ANY VALUE TO THE WORLD
>>
FUCK GERMONEY

AGAHHADSHAHDAHDHAHHAHSHDHAKHFDKDSFHSDHFSAHDJHAJHSDHJASJHDJHAHJDHAHHSHAHDHASDHSAHKDHDSHFJHJSHAHJDHJADHAHSHHJADJHASDHHJDSGFJADKJFKHDSFJHASKJDSKAKDA

NAZI PUTO
>>
>>57956213
I'd say a former paper industry worker in his 50's and in an endless cycle of unemployment and alcoholism can blame others for his misfortunes. Ultimately most poor people in Finland are either elderly or said former industry guys whose companies relocated to shitholes for dat quick cash grab
>>
>>57956284
Canadians are horrible at baiting. They should just stick to a single general like the Swedes do to hide their cringyness
>>
>>57956284
>complain about memes
>meme yourself
>>
>>57956182
I'm not saying sitting your ass on 4chan all day is rich people's fault. Most 4chan users are rich fat guys anway.
>But the harder you try the luckier you seem to get
Not at all. It depends on your environment. Were you born in a comfy town in Canada close to a huge advanced city? Of course you'll get luckier if you try harder. Were you born in Congo with no access to water, or some Latin American shithole with a shitty education system and a high criminal rate? No, you won't get any luckier and you'll die poor and miserable. It's not fucking whining, it's how most political and socioeconomic systems work, and they're absolutely unfair. Read a fucking book. Founders of capitalism themselves said capitalism is made to make the rich richer and the poor poorer. All you say "stop whining" because you're too fucking delusional to understand not everyone can go to school, not everyone has the same abilities, not everyone was born to a healthy mom and dad, not everyone can fucking "work hard" especially when their life expectancy is more than 20 years lower than yours. And this is all coming from a Puerto Rican who aims to be an entrepreneur and has the goal of becoming a billionaire. Luckily I have decent access to cheap education. Luckily I was born in Puerto Rico and not in Haiti. Not everyone has that privilege.
>>
>>57956309
Tru.

Redistribute the wealth, the rich have been scamming the poor for too long

I think we need AT LEAST $25/hr minimum wage, maybe even 50
>>
>>57956213
even in first world countries some families live in terrible, unfair conditions. Of course there are and will be whiners but you shouldn't just dismiss all poor people just because a few of them can do something about it and blame others.
>>
File: 1443429631625.jpg (72 KB, 686x960) Image search: [Google]
1443429631625.jpg
72 KB, 686x960
>>57955829

There are 2 types of poor people, the temporary poor who will figure out a way not to be poor and the permanently poor who will always make stupid decisions that will keep them perpetually poor regardless of any windfall or good luck that might come their way
>>
File: 1460429738596.jpg (141 KB, 1582x1526) Image search: [Google]
1460429738596.jpg
141 KB, 1582x1526
>>57956340
a Puerto Rican who aims to be an entrepreneur and has the goal of becoming a billionaire.

Good luck.
>>
>>57956340
You're not understanding.

Sure some people have a harder life than others, but what's ur solution?

That's just how it is and do what you can to succeed. We all have the same goals but different paths.

The vast majority of poor people are poor because of their own accord tho.

>>57956398
This.
>>
>posting about this from a first world country
yeah okay, you'll never know how actually corrupt governments are and how much they steal, how shit education is in certain places especially if your families income isnt the best, how bad unemployment can effect someone's life, not to mention pensions and walefare are also shit. You know how people get rich here? Illegal buisness mostly
>>
>>57956213
There's a difference between Pekka-Jussi from Rääkkylä who legitimately earns fuck all from his business selling strawberries and Gabriel from Helsinki who parties and does drugs and 'cant afford anything' because he's too lazy to work and wants to become a professional philosopher when he grows up
>>
>>57956418
>that's just how it is
Some countries, the U.S. for example, can change the way "it is" by at least providing cheaper education and more opportunities for the poor.
>The vast majority of poor people are poor because of their own accord
[citation needed]
You need to get off 4chan for a while. Retarded welfare dindus don't necessarily represent the majority of poor people in a country.
>>
>>57956418
>The vast majority of poor people are poor because of their own accord tho.

Not yet there are too many disadvantaged people who have no ability to obtain any significant advancements.
>>
>be stupid goy
>blame muh jewz for everything
>>
>>57956419
This
>>
>>57956419
>illegal buisness mostly
Exactly this. First world rich guys mock societies where crimes and illegal business are huge, and they never realize that if those societies had a less corrupt government they'd be able to get a decent job and they wouldn't have to commit any crime.
>>
>>57956483
>Cheaper education

They do.

If you're poor you get nearly free education.

2 years of community college then transfer to a 4 year school with FAFSA grants.

>citiation needed
It's prertty true desu.ask the average poor person what they do with their time and how they budget.

Most will admit they don't maintain a monthly budget, most will admit to wasting money on useless shit, most will admit they don't strive to improve themselves.

The ones that do don't stay poor for long, there's tons of opportunities everywhere.
>>
>>57956405
Thanks, I really need it.
>>
>if a poor person remains poor, it's his fault
>if he tries to move to a richer country to improve his conditions, he's a parasite

/pol/ logic
>>
>>57956483

Education does not become cheaper, either you lower the quality (University of Phoenix) or you raise taxes to fund higher quality education, thus taxing the middle into poverty.

And yes, I am an immigrant from South East Asia who went to the U.S., used the military to get out of my house full of morons. Now I am using the skills I learned working overseas. So yes, most people are poor because of the decisions (mostly lack thereof) that they make
>>
>>57956398
I hope you get abducted and sent to an african shithole to see what smart decisions you'll make to drink water and avoid every disease.
>>
>>57956606
The first is right, the second is not.

/pol/ is a board of poorfags and NEETs anyway. Their opinion is kind of irrelevant. Their userbase is nearly identical with /r9k/, just edgier.
>>
>>57956143
They will never understand this, don't even try. I can already see them tryping a usless biased reply as to why you are wrong and all poor people are poor because they either like being poor lazy fucks or some other retarded bullshit.
>>
>>57956608
your personal experience does not prove the overall concept. It's true in your case, it isn't in general

this topic has been studied extensively in the social sciences, if you're really interested you can easily find unbiased sources that explain it
>>
>>57956670
>It's unbiased if it agrees with my viewpoint

Stay poor and stay blaming others, dude.

Maybe you'll get rich soon. BTW do you happen to play the lottery?
>>
>>57956608
or taxing the extremely rich, making laws to stop tax evasion and stopping the government from stealing our tax money, killing the idea of lobbying, not giving so much tax money to the military and many other things that should be done immediately.

You think everyone should work in the military then? And everybody can get the chance to learn the skills you learn? Everybody has money to move overseas? You don't judge the world based solely on your personal experiences, do you?
>>
File: 1460414470942.jpg (120 KB, 1278x1181) Image search: [Google]
1460414470942.jpg
120 KB, 1278x1181
>>57956613
Dude, chill.
>>
>>57956654

But I do understand it, I also believe it is irrelevant. People born into comfort tend to take it for granted (SJW's) and grow up not realizing that life is a house of cards that can collapse at any moment. When situations out of thier control change thier qualifty of life they turn into gibmedats and become Bernie Sanders voters. Poor people who start from the bottom have more than one card up their sleeve because they know how easy it is to become poor again and are better prepared for it.
>>
>>57956718
>Taxing the extremely rich

And what happens if they leave the country. And thus their money and taxes leaves WITH them?

What then?

Btw the "rich" pay a majority of taxes, they're sustaining most of the country. If they leave say bye-bye to a lot of things.
>>
>>57956714
>my viewpoint
*reality
It takes learning some basic economics, social or political sciences to understand that the rich steal from the poor. You just don't give a fuck because you never have, and never will live like us.
>>
>>57956654
I see now.. Fuck, it's like they never read about is ever. It's baffling how delusional they are.
>>
>>57956773
You clearly don't understand economics tho.

You think "just tax the rich, maaan!" Is a viable solution.
>>
File: 1458855200717.jpg (14 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
1458855200717.jpg
14 KB, 500x321
>he thinks all people have the same opportunities

>he thinks the world is fair
>>
>>57956718

You do what you have to do. The military gave me citizenship, experience and G.I Bill funding to get the skills I have that let me work just about anywhere in the world. As my ex-con brother in law explained it to me, life is just like prison, you are either sharpening your shank or else someone is going to take your anal virginity and steal your cornbread.
>>
Poor people are poor because their parents didn't love them or bring them up properly desu, then they have children and the cycle continues.
>>
>>57956769
There's definitely an intelligent way to work that out. >Btw the "rich" pay a majority of taxes
[citation needed]
The rich send their money offshore so they don't pay taxes. Then they bribe politicians to not do anything about it because lobbying exists. Meanwhile while we solve the rich taxing problem, we can do all the other things I listed there.
>>
>>57956769
Well their money sure does leave the country in the form of offshore SPV's :DD
>>
>>57956801
>He built up a strawman to green text against

>He thinks Anyone said the world was fair
>>
>>57956816
Not all countries and not all militaries do that. You can't compare your situation to a child labourer or soldier in a country with a corrupt government
>>
>>57956798
never said only that. Your attention span seems short too. Just because I suggested that your /pol/ brain shut down and you dismissed all my other solutions.
>>
Working hard and succeeding > waste time shitposting > working hard and failing

I'm okay with where i am
>>
@57956878
You're really desperate for (you)'s aren't ya?
>>
>>57956865
>>57956867
How are you going to stop offshore accounts and lobbying, exactly?

Let's hear this genius plan.
>>
File: 1459055161627.png (75 KB, 789x346) Image search: [Google]
1459055161627.png
75 KB, 789x346
>he wants exceptions to be the norm
>>
>>57956897

Are you gonna tell me that life is unfair? The difference between you and me is that I don't give a shit. My only goal in life is to be on the winning team. All your whining about social justice and fairness is not once going to put food on your table.
>>
>>57956899
Of course you're okay with where you are. You weren't born in a ghost town in Haiti with a corrupt government, all your soil destroyed by Canada and no access to education or healthcare.
>>
I think these videos are revelant.
https://youtu.be/qavNOONOuRw

https://youtu.be/xGH3029HI58
>>
>>57956897

Are you gonna tell me that life is unfair? The difference between you and me is that I don't give a shit. My only goal in life is to be on the winning team. All your whining about social justice and fairness is not
>>
>He isn't voting for Bernie Sanders and living off NEETbucks until robots do all the jobs for us

Lmao @ you

Trudeau and Bernie are going to make everything free.
>>
>>57956922
I didn't say anything about stopping offshore SPV's, I ony implied you're fucking stupid for thinking a billionaire gives a fuck where he lives because he can just make his money go on a round-the-world trip and arrive back to his pockets with 0% tax. A middle class guy doesn't really have that opportunity because law firms and banks do those services only for people who have been rich for some time to reduce risk of getting caught :D
>>
>>57956987
Maybe if u post on 4chan the corrupt government will hear and stop being so corrupt.

Lmao.

What exactly is complaining going to fix? How does whining get you closer to your goals?
>>
Shit thread
>>
>>57956922
by not having people like you around who don't really give a shit about what's happening to the poor. We'd need a political revolution if we want fairness, not Bernie-level revolution but a serious one with a strong voice and determination from everyone.
>>
>>57956987
>all your soil destroyed by Canada
what's this referring to
>>
>>57956998
>he thinks white people will still exist if bernie becomes president
>>
File: 1460264044065.jpg (71 KB, 916x658) Image search: [Google]
1460264044065.jpg
71 KB, 916x658
>>57957031
This is now a spiderman thread.
>>
>>57957024
well I'm responding to your shitty retarded comments about "lel poor ppl are poor because they want to" and now you're trying to bail out with a "Lol you're right about everything you say and I no longer have an argument so let me just try to make you feel ashamed of sharing your opinion online"
>>
>>57957034
So describe your ideal revolution.

How do you wish to do this? Just start killing the rich and taking their money perhaps?
>>
>>57956206
>1 million dollars
>loan
>turned it into billions of dollars

Take 10 dollars, and come back to me in 20 years with 50,000
>>
>>57957047
Look it up, I'm going to sleep. But yes, Canada has a huge presence in Haiti and they've destroyed their environment. And they talk like they're all saints because that shit goes under the radar.
>>
Someone start posting Anzu so the thread can be deleted lmao
>>
>>57957034

Your people continually vote to be separate from the United States and managed your own affairs,which you then proceeded to fuck up and go deeply into debt. A smarter person who abandon any connection to the losers around him and forge his own path instead of whining about how you and your entire block are all living in 3rd world standards. The wonderful thing about democracy is that people get the governments they deserve.
>>
>>57957081
Quite a lot easier to start with a million than 10 dollarydoos :D dumbshit
>>
>>57957076
Ok well cool bro.

Hope your socialist revolution or whatever works out

Btw Puerto Rico is a based Tax haven. No capitals gains tax and nearly non existent flat income tax.

I might move there if I get a US citizenship. LMAO

Anyway I'm gonna eat and head to sleep for a few hours. Hope your communism or whatever works out tho
>>
File: 1459215233074.jpg (81 KB, 899x900) Image search: [Google]
1459215233074.jpg
81 KB, 899x900
>>57957077
REVOLUTION NOW!!!
>>
>>57957102
Okay, sweet dreams qt~
>>
>>57957077
I'd need to make a 20 page minimum essay to convince you of something like that, and I'm already going to sleep. Maybe next thread. Or maybe I'll invest my energy sharing a coherent revolution plan with someone who actually gives a shit and isn't trying to win a 4chan argument
>>
>>57957103
Butthurt yanks btfo
>>
>is a poor American
>defends minimum wage

you CAN NOT make this up
>>
>>57957133
Your plan will never work.

Try investing that time into making money rather than making retarded plans LMAO
>>
This thread is full of retardation a bunch of entitled westerns talking about what it is like to be poor and shit you have no idea what is like to be born in a third world country and neither do I so shut the fuck up they aren't born with the same opportunities and life we are born with.
>>
>>57957167
BUT DUDE JUST TRY HARDER LMAO X--D
>>
>>57957167
No, it's a bunch of third worlders who fall for the stupid leaf's bait.
>>
>>57957156

The other thing about the perpetually poor is that their situation is always someone else's fault. If you gave him a million dollars you would come back in a month, find that he squanders all his money and he will be blaming the evil capitalist bankers and wall street and the western culture of consumerism for being broke.
>>
>>57957105
we're talking about the poor, not us. And you're absolutely wrong, we continually vote to become a state (See: 2012 plebiscite) but the U.S. won't make us a state because we're famously known by rich guys as a "paradise tax haven". We don't have any real democracy, we're a colony. Our "government" doesn't get a say in any real decision, and we don't even have a voice in Congress. Rich CEOs love having us in debt, and lots of ignorant americans love to point fingers at us without knowing shit about what's actually going on.
>>
>>57957167
True.

I'll think of them next time I buy their exports.

>mfw some slave children had to work for hours to create something I can afford to buy with 1 hour of work

Feels good senpai.

>>57957200
BUT DUDE JUST WHINE HARDER
>>
>>57957117
>Everyone with 1,000,000 dollars easliy makes billions in their lifetime

Trump is a smart man famalamadingdong
>>
>>57957167

I'm >>57956608 >>57956731 >>57956816

and yes I was born in a third world country
>>
>>57957220
if you read you'll realize it is mostly someone else's fault. But you just keep talking out of your ass. Bye.
>>
>4chaners don't know anything about structural inequality

This bootstraps meme needs to die
>>
>>57957220
No shit

Poorfags will always be poor

I almost pity them. Whatever.
All I hear from them is excuses, zero solutions tho.
>>
>>57957133
>20 page minimum essay
Do it.

Also, is it 4:13 am at Puerto Rico?
>>
File: 1426741543259.png (188 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1426741543259.png
188 KB, 327x316
>have money through inheritance
>not enough experience or connections for anyone to hire me
>slowly depleting my wealth to 0
>>
>>57957237
I'm just saying a million of capital is far easier to work with than 10 dollarydoos, it's not a fair comparison t. business owner
>>
>>57957267
Poor people in poor countries will stay poor. Poor people in first world have the option of working themselves to middle class. It's that simple
>>
>>57957313
THIS I live in Brisbane and can't get a job anywhere I need my p's so I can start a trade.
>>
File: typicalmexican.jpg (63 KB, 478x588) Image search: [Google]
typicalmexican.jpg
63 KB, 478x588
>>57957249

Ok Mr. Puerto Rico. Right now there is a U.S military recruitment station in your city. You can enlist in a branch and job that will give you highly valued skills and a trade for the civilian world as well and free college and money to support yourself during your studies once you leave the service. Knowing this, you now have ZERO reasons to whine about "muh poor background" and "muh lack of opportunities" because I just gave you an 8 year plan on a silver platter.
>>
>>57957267
It is very difficult to be able to cope with a massive influx of money.
>>
File: sunglass-selfie.jpg (43 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
sunglass-selfie.jpg
43 KB, 640x360
>>57957330
>Poor people in poor countries will stay poor. Poor people in first world have the option of working themselves to middle class. It's that simple

Probably.

I like poor people though. It's really hard to hate someone who so selflessly makes your food and does all the things you don't want to do.

Thank you poorfags!

We can't all be rich, heheheheh.
>>
>>57957267
Imagine yourself with no house, barely enough food to survive, no reliable way to clean you up, the vast majority of people in the street looking down at you and telling you you're a lazy bum.

If you want a slightly better condition, imagine yourself in America, working 45 hours a week and being paid a ridiculous wage that barely cover life expenses and don't leave you any chance of improvement.

Imagine now being constantly shamed because of your foodstamps, knowing that if you don't beg enough/got fired/catch a disease, you are likely to suffer until the medics save your ass.

For extra bonus points, you are also probably alcoholic and never went to school because your parents were also poor.

Now explain to me how you would get out of this shit.
>>
>>57955897
It is something I have discovered which you may have missed. Finland is the original poster.
>>
>>57957403

read >>57957357

The alcoholism on the other hand would be your own fault though
>>
>>57957403
>imagine some ridiculous scenario that happens to a small percentage of people
>well? CHECKMATE CAPITALISTS
>>
>>57957357
The military's job is to protect its citizens, not to serve as a social safety net.

He's likely to not be accepted because your health is rapidly decaying when you are poor.
>>
>>57957357
>join American military
>become a grunt because you don't have an education.
>get shot
>die
>Australians continue to shitpost
There is no justice in this world.
>>
>>57957446

Well the military is offering him and any other able bodied citizen education paid by the state on exchange for services. Whether he takes up the deal or not is entirely up to him
>>
>>57957464

lol I'm American, I just work overseas.
>>
>>57957432
It happens to poor people, and to all the "minimum" wage slaves of the US. Your question was : why poor people can't get out of poverty ? I explained you why. You didn't answer, like a typical waffletarian.

Adam Smith himself talked about the importance of minimum wages and social safety nets anyway.

>>57957431
Read >>57957446. Alcoholism is never someone's fault, it's a disease.
>>
File: 1460770241556.jpg (430 KB, 1080x763) Image search: [Google]
1460770241556.jpg
430 KB, 1080x763
>>57957518
That's worse!
Do you still pay taxes to the US?
>>
>>57957403
You invest in an education(via a loan) and apply for a decent job or start your own business. Simple as that. You leftists falsely believe that people in poverty are inherently poor and the only way to help them is to give them money. I lived in poverty when I was a kid, moving from cheap hotel to cheap hotel yet I still managed to become successful.
>>
File: 1445682667042.jpg (45 KB, 680x451) Image search: [Google]
1445682667042.jpg
45 KB, 680x451
>>57957535

> Alcoholism is never someone's fault, it's a disease.

Because people are born with a bottle of Jack Daniels in their hand right?

And before you say I don't know what I am talking about. I come from a family of addicts, everything from hard drugs,sex addiction, popping prescription opiates to fucking gambling. The only difference between me and my the losers I get to call family is that I decided from a young age that I wasn't going to be a weak bitch.
>>
File: 1459823047538.gif (1 MB, 294x329) Image search: [Google]
1459823047538.gif
1 MB, 294x329
>>57957644
With your genes you will always be trash.
>>
>>57957749

I don't need genetics I need cash. Can't put genes into a Wells Fargo account.
>>
>>57957749
Your germanic ancestors were once a bunch of savages bashing each others' heads in with clubs. Clearly that means your genetics are trash and only true Roman descendants are successful.
>>
>>57957622
>Hello, I am John McPoor. I work at Walwart for 7$/h, I am 22, I live on the edge of things for everything. I may have a wife and a kid to support.
>I am, of course, rational enough and with enough hope in the future to peruse higher education
>My student loan has, of course, being accepted.
>Even though I had to work during my studies to cover my life expenses and start to repay my student loan, I still managed to graduate.
>I have a business plan, and even though there is absolutely no social safety net, I manage to start my business and get rich.
>T E M P O R A R I L Y E M B A R A S S E D M I L L I O N A I R E S

On how many persons is the situation above going to work ? No one should be living in poverty, ever, especially when they are young or live in a developed country.
Having a liveable wage is determinant in your ability to progress, by the way. If you have to choose between food and rent every month, you can't think on the long term.

>>57957644
I'm glad for you you were strong enough, but not everyone has your strength of character. Besides, if you come from a family of addicts, you know how hard it is to stop, and how easy it is to catch it. In fact, being from a family of addicts helped you in avoiding this.
>>
>>57957749
Genetics are a pseudo-science, waffletarian trash.
>>
>>57957935

I know that most people are weak, they just don't know it yet. Hell most middle class people would collapse if anything disrupted their daily routine. Either be flexible, adaptive and willing to make hard choices or get rolled over.
>>
>>57957644
Do you relate with this story?
https://youtu.be/I5tAU5U_S8s
>>
>>57958087

Other than going to HS in Chapel Hill, no.
>>
>>57957432
We're not robots, leaf
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.