[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best country in the world to be born and live in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: 1459840371111.jpg (444 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459840371111.jpg
444 KB, 1920x1080
What is the best country in the world to be born and live in?

In terms of culture, politics, landscapes, history, standard of living, education, healthcare, attractiveness of populace, accent, average wealth and anything else you can think of.
>>
Reporting in

AMA
>>
>>57931975
USA
>>
America of course
>>
>>57932020

Why, though?

>>57932057

cmon famalam. it's obviously the most powerful country, but the healthcare is god awful, the education system too, there's no history and the politics is laughable
>>
>>57932020
what does "sprolo" mean? ive seen the word in spurdo images
>>
USA, California specifically.

Sure we have our problems but we're literally a melting pot of every culture in the world + we have every kind of person imaginable, and if you're upper middle class/upper class life is A+ here. I'd go into more detail but I'm sitting outside enjoying the weather plus I'm a bit hungover so I won't.
>>
>>57932127
It's the best place on earth if you are rich
If you aren't then you work to get rich
>>
>>57932127
the top 4 universities in the world are American institutions, so...

Also if you have money our healthcare is 10x better than most Euros
>>
>>57932131
It's a synonym for spärä, spera, spädde, sprölölö aka spurdo non-sense

>>57932127
Low (invisible) corruption, enough wealth that there are no poors in gangs, healthcare, best schooling etc, unique mix of nature and good infra etc.
>>
Finland
>>
>>57932131
take one part lörs, combine it with two parts spöl adn you get sprölö, served for four
>>
Unironically England. France is a close second.
>>
>>57932269
>>57932278

Yes, it's definitely the best place for the rich, but for everyone else it seems pretty awful.
>>
File: 1457030774027.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1457030774027.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
>>57932209
>melting pot
>>
>>57932435
Then don't be dumb and poor lol
>>
I always fantasize about alternative places I could've been born in so I've thought about this probably more than is healthy. My answer is probably a little offtopic, but I still fill like sharing.
I would have probably liked the most to have been born in:
1) Bavaria
2) Swiss Alps
3) Austrian Alps

And if not any of those, without any particular order:
2) Montana
2) California
2) Bristol
2) Tuscany
2) Michigan
2) New York
2) Seoul

So I guess that mean Germany if I had to answer the OP.
>>
>>57932435
the poor people are necessary, though.
>>
>best country in the world

I'm going to stop you there.

There's only one correct answer to this prompt and it's staring you in the face.
>>
>>57932717

Yeah, but this isn't a question of what is the best country, but what is the best country to live in and living in america as anything other than the rich seems less than ideal.
>>
Finland
>>
>>57933015
Basically what is the best welfare state. Fucking yuropoors lmao
>>
>>57933015

Stop reading reddit.
>>
>>57933130

there are a lot more factors than that, as i said in the op which america does also coincidentally lack, like history and so on
>>
Close call between England, Germany and France.

But I would choose France.
>>
all that matters is being born rich and well-connected anywhere, then the whole world is your country for schooling, business, and entertainment
but the best place in the world to be poor is probably phillipines
>>
>>57933322
>being born rich and well-connected.
Literally the scum of the world.
Fucking bastards who did nothing to deserve what they have...
>>
>>57933531

People born with the genes and environment to succeed didn't 'deserve' success, either. Nor do 4chan losers born with bad genes and/or a bad environment 'deserve' failure.
>>
>>57932699
Bavaria reporting in. What about it appeals to you?
>>
>>57932886
Is it Norway?
>>
>>57933015

>living in america as anything other than the rich seems less than ideal.

I'm not rich and I think it's pretty cool here.
>>
1. Monaco
2. Switzerland
3. Norway
4. Netherlands
5. Austria
6. Germany
7. Finland
8. Denmark
9. France
10. Japan
11. Italy
12. Iceland
13. England
14. Scotland or Wales
15. Belgium
16. Canada
17. Ireland
18. New Zealand
19. Australia
20. I feel like I missed one but oh well
>>
Norway
>>
>>57933809
Haha get fucked Australia
>>
Mexico
>>
>>57934027
t. little australia
>>
>>57932435
>it seems awful if you're poor
It's not, the healthcare bullshit is exaggerated on 4chan. Damn near everyone has(or *had* before obongocare) health insurance

Public education is shit, but our private schools are top tier
>>
>culture
I suppose the oldest and most intact, and the best balance of traditionalism to globalization

1. Japan
2. Italy
3. Austria
4. Greece?
5. Spain?

landscapes:
1. USA
2. Canada
3. Switzerland
4. Italy
5. Greece

History
Too hard. I mean the "most" history would be China or middle eastern nations, vs the most intact history. This doesn't seem like it would affect quality of being born or lived, anyone can visit historic sites

>Education
1. Finland
2. Switzerland
3. Japan
4. Singapore
5. Netherlands

Really depends whether you support the more strict east Asian style of school or more liberal/creative western

Attractiveness:
I'm biased, I only like whites. So I guess the best way to measure is whiteness x lack of obesity rate x height (taller is better

1. Netherlands
2. Norway
3. Sweden
4. England
5. France

Accent:
Don't know if you mean in English or in the native language.
In English:
1. Britain
2. Republic of Ireland (not NI)
3. New Zealand
4. Australia
5. France
>>
>>57932127
It's only god awful compared to Nordics

Brits are also God awful
>>
File: bavarianqt.jpg (11 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
bavarianqt.jpg
11 KB, 160x160
>>57933647
The landscape, the proximity to the Alps, and even though I only know them superficially, the traditions. The people seem sehr nett compared to the rest of germany too, I also like the Bavarian accent.

I romanticize being born in the freedom of a small bavarian village and walking or riding the bike everday to school and then walk around the country-side alongisde small creeks and watching the cows and smelling their manure in the cold fresh air (yeah I like the smell of cow manure).

At night when I got home I'd eat butter pretzels and drink milkschokolade at night while sitting by the fireplace and maybe getting told some Brothers Grimm stories.
Then I'd leave to a big city like Munich for college and make a living there in my first working years. Then I might buy a farm and raise my kids the same way with some beautiful german woman. I'd have some friends whith whom I'd go to traditional festivities dressed in our Trachts and we would drink beer by the litter, as well as stuff ourselves with pretzels and wursts.

I know it's a fantasy and no one has this life, but still.
;____;
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.