[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who likes aimless strolls in the city? Anecdotes? (stories?)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 13
Who likes aimless strolls in the city? Anecdotes? (stories?)
>>
>>57931869
I was once lost in Västerås middle of the night with no battery life on my phone, got asked by two immigrants if i was someone other, when i said no they just repeated the question and asked me if i was sure.

Later found my way and went to bed.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
I usually do on the weekends. Usually for a long time too. There's just something calming about it to me. As much as people hate crowds sometimes I like to just stand to the side and just watch people pass by. Snowy days are the comfiest though, pic related.
>>
>>57932042
sarah connor?
>>
>>57931869
I do this all the time, but I'm a friendless loser

most of my travel around the world involves me wandering around the city I go to and not much more
>>
>Who likes aimless strolls in the city?
Oh, I like it. Spend days crowling different cities with my wife and alco.
>>
I do, usually late at night.
>>
i rather like to go into the forest, theres some good places near where i live, and i go in the middle of the night, and sit down by a tree in total darkness, feels pretty nice desu
>>
>>57933549
No, no terminator :^) i think they were looking for a drug dealer
>>
>>57933761
To many wild boars to do that here, thos fuckers are scary
>>
>>57931869
I do it like everyday
>>
>>57931869
i like taking the last bus out of the city and then walking back, about 20km in the night
i like wandering through forest mostly, not the city itself

this one time i was in pitch black forest on the shore, heard something and thought it's a fox or some other wildlife, tried approaching it and found it was some drunken dude taking a leak, the guy was scared shitless and ran away probably with his dick still out
>>
>>57932518
>As much as people hate crowds sometimes I like to just stand to the side and just watch people pass by.
Me too. I find it hard to understand agoraphobics. Empty streets are far more dangerous.

>>57933619
Or a solitary soul? It's hard to really watch when you're not alone.
But I remember being in London alone, days were nice, but for the nights I messed up.

Sometimes in Paris people ask me to take a picture of them. Once an indian patrician asked me if I was bothered by smoke (I was relaxing on a bench on the Seine bank). Then he started a chat, he had pot and stuff. Realized he was studying international relations, like I did. Another time I met 2 homeless guys, one was from Liberia (Herman) and used to be a pianist, but lost one hand. He was protecting his friend who was more disturbed and aggressive. We talked music, and I sang to them a little relaxing piece about body hygiene, from the film "Mr Jones" by Mike Figgis, when he's in the mental ward.

>>57933799
well, I know this kind of wanderers
>>
File: 1460333715938.png (104 KB, 275x268) Image search: [Google]
1460333715938.png
104 KB, 275x268
>>57933761
I don't know that feeling
>>
>>57933761
Did that once, got spooked. I think it's better during the day.
>>
>>57931869
never
>>
>>57931869
Me

Got mugged by niggers in DC
>>
>>57933761
You probably were an animal in a past life.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCSc0V2SEjs

I do it too but near the city, woods attract tramps and sex business, in the twilight I'll approach a weird setting, then freak out when I realize there's probably a homeless living there, who could freaking out from my creeping slowly in the dark (just curious 3bh)

But last time I was in the countryside, I went to bed with my friends, but dammit, couldn't sleep, had to go to the forest, there was almost a full moon.
>>
>>57934477
fug...
just for money I guess?

when I get scared by weird people, I try to remember that I want to die anyway.
I have a friend who got mugged in Paris Canal St Martin, but he's rich and loves life.

You never get what you want...
>>
>>57934073
You sound nice :3
>>
>>57935660
I try to be
>>
I do.
Recently saw a rickshaw puller sitting behind and a young guy, obviously the customer, pulling/riding it. Was amusing.
>>
>>57931869
Love doing this even though people call me a weirdo. No particular stories just regular people watching. Keeping an eye on the normies.
>>
File: 160401_True_Paris4 - chatlibre.jpg (185 KB, 685x870) Image search: [Google]
160401_True_Paris4 - chatlibre.jpg
185 KB, 685x870
>>57937320
>Keeping an eye on the normies.
noice
This french guy makes a blog about his strolls in Paris chatlibre.blog.lemonde.fr lots of protest pictures and creep shots, but he has a keen eye.
>>
>>57931869
I like to get drink drive around the city on my bike at night.

Fewer cars and people and the wind is milder.

I was actually drunk cycling less than 20 minutes ago.
>>
>>57931869
Do you know what a Flaneur is Frenchbro?

I like doing that.
>>
File: Cf3vhSsUsAAaa4M.jpg (75 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Cf3vhSsUsAAaa4M.jpg
75 KB, 600x800
WHO /LATE NIGHT WALKS/ HERE?

Shiet senpai the air always feel so crisp and there's no cars and shiet feels nice AF

Non-neets will NEVER know the feel
>>
>>57931869
Once got myself into a conversation with some homeless guys who turned out to be bro-tier. Visited them every once in a while and spent Christmas Eve with them because the relations to my family aren't very good.
>>
>>57931869
One time my buddies and I were walking around Taegu, not being jerks.
A group of drunken Korean men spilled out of a soju bar into our midst.
They were not in a good mood.
We stared at each other.
- Que uneasy silence -
- crickets -
- oh, shit -
I decided to do the Hare Krishna dance.
They joined in!
The spell was broken, the standoff ended, and we all went back home instead of to jail.
>>
>>57931869
I can walk for hours in any direction from my home without coming to a place where I haven't been multiple times before. Late walks have sort of lost their charm now. I'm thinking about getting a car, so I can take late night drives instead and get further out, to new places.
>>
>>57940390
/here/

Have you ever tried cycling through your town/village? In the summer I always at least once set out at about midnight and cycle around for ~3 hours untill the sun comes up. Best feels ive ever experienced.
>>
>>57941715
>I'm thinking about getting a car, so I can take late night drives instead and get further out, to new places.
Are you me?
Been walking around here so much, I don't think there is actually any real place I haven't been to.
Even thought about taking trips to other countries just to walk around.
>>
>>57931869
thats something i've always wanted to do, but there was never a point in my life where I was both:
-living alone with nobody to wake up or to ask me where i was
-living in a city worth the aimless strolls
-having enough time and not having something important to the point of affording myself aimless strolls.

But all these conditions are finally going to be reunited this summer. make another thread at that moment.

To this day, my hour-long walks back from downtown bar/night clubs to my place were enough.
>>
I like to walk look around random foreign countries on google maps and imagine how fun it would be to have a gf and strolling around hand in hand.
>>
>>57933761
nice. added to my list
>>
File: happy-man.jpg (34 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
happy-man.jpg
34 KB, 600x400
>>57941818
Nah I only got a shit ass bike desu

I like walking tho

I used to walk around in the trails in my nearest park while smoking a joint desu. Best times ever
>>
>>57942072
smoking alone? What a shame. can't be the best.
>>
>>57942092
Eh, it's not too bad. I actually prefer to do it alone, not a big fan of smoking with others
>>
>>57942209
Smoking alone can be enjoyable, but i guess people's preferences depend on their personality.
>>
>>57942843
I feel like smoking weed is different over here than in Europe.

Here (and in Canada) we smoke a lot of weed and spend the day (or night) reading or chilling on our own.

In Europe you guys get together in a social setting and smoke a tiny bit of weed mixed with a bunch of tobacco.

Just my impression after living in Europe for a bit.
>>
>be me
>put billie holiday music in my headphones
>walk around
>imagine i'm in a film
>>
>>57942843
BTW why does everyone in France smoke hash?

Weird desu I don't think I know a single person here who does
>>
>>57942988
wait up.
You guys actually do this?
and smoke weed without tobacco at all?

At least i guess its 50-50 right? You also smoke with other people from time to time?

well, know that I have you. Do you guys ever see hashisch? Because i've never seen cannabis associated to America in an other form than weed.

I smoke for social purposes/during parties/with friends, but people who smoke alone are numerous here too. But that's not people you'll meet easily.
>>
>>57943347
because weed can be expensive, especially for people who don't have a lot of money.

Why do we eat a lot of kebab? For the same reasons, i think: arab imported their filthy habits. And they smoke filthy hashish instead of weed.

But we also have plenty of weed.
>>
>>57943469
Tobacco makes me sick. I don't smoke anymore due to my job but when I did smoke I would smoke on my own. Just weed. About a gram a day.

And no, never even seen hash over here.

But maybe you're young? When I was a teen I only smoked socially but now that I'm 27 I smoke pretty much only alone. It's much more relaxing and makes everything so much more interesting.
>>
>>57943560
Are you friends with Xylitol?
>>
Jesus my english is terrible after midnight.
>>57943691
-Isn't a gram a day like, huge?
-funny. as i said, here Hashish is very common. probably something like 50-60% of cannabis.
-Don't tell anyone, but i'm 19. Indeed, It is likely that when i'll be 27, I won't be smoking with my collegues.

>>57943761
Not at all, had to google it. It it something more than just sugar?
>>
>>57943977
He's a famous French security researcher, never mind desu
>>
>>57943977
Yea, I smoked a large amount.
>>
I want to have friends
>>
>>57944112
I know it's a very trivialques tion, but how much do you pay for a gram?
>>
>>57944181
Not him obviously but like ~$10/gram here
>>
I would aimlessly stroll if I had a city to wonder in. I don't though, so I stay indoors instead.
>>
File: 1459967436797.jpg (20 KB, 419x419) Image search: [Google]
1459967436797.jpg
20 KB, 419x419
Pretty common. Old people in my village dine early and then go out strolling on the same central square until it's late night just chatting about whatever. I guess it's a good exercise after all.
>>
>>57944181
About $50 for 4 grams of high quality stuff in Chicago. Normally grown out west in BC.

But I don't smoke anymore. That was prices from last year.
>>
File: 1455294023370.png (642 KB, 1506x1600) Image search: [Google]
1455294023370.png
642 KB, 1506x1600
>>57944261
Is pic related? Do you rob them?
>>
File: 1458233372547.gif (13 KB, 209x301) Image search: [Google]
1458233372547.gif
13 KB, 209x301
>>57944353
that wouldn't be nice!!
>>
>>57944261
It's the same in Mexico/Central America.

I've spent a lot of time in coastal Mexican towns and now when I visit Italy I swear it just feels like a rich version of Mexico.
>>
>>57944296
>>57944213
it'sgett ing complicated because in my head 1 euro is still 1.5 dollar so i'll just give it in euro:

For 6-7 euros you can have good stuff provided you know the dealer or it's homegrown. It can go as high as 15 euros for a mad quality (or a good old rip-off for 15 years olds).
hashish starts from 3 euros if you accept to have bits of tire and crushed glass in it.
>>
>>57944725
I don't know, I don't want to disparage the quality of your stuff but I really think that the weed being grown today in Washington/Oregon and BC is probably the best in the world. True world-class stuff.

Where is your stuff grown?
>>
>>57944819
I have strictly no idea, but the smell doesn't lie. It's really good quality. My city (Toulouse) always have the reputation of having very good quality weed, at least in comparison to the rest of the country. It's not as good as the weed i tasted in Amsterdam so I know for a fact that i'm not smoking competition cannabis either.
Also it's not very hard to be on a higher level in terms of quality because generally speaking our cannabis is very, very average, even if a large amount of people in France smoke weed/hash.
I've always been promised mounts and marvels about american weed. I hope i can spend a year here while i'm still young and give it a try.
>>
>>57945013
well, I know that in the Northwest the terrain is very favorable to marijuana cultivation and it is very sparsely populated.

So you have those factors and lax drug laws which lead a lot of nutritionists and botanists to that area who then specialize in growing.

A lot of straight up laboratories and stuff where it is experimented on and improved. I've had friends from Europe who have to adjust and can't smoke it straight like we can right away to the high high level of THC. If they do they get sick or really paranoid.
>>
>>57945159
That's really interesting. We've got lot of room to grow weed, but surely we haven't reached this level of sophistication.

I've already became paranoid because of weed in France. I've also had several times where i was pretty certain my heart beat was accelerating and that i could feel my heart vessels blocked, in a classical infarctus case. I was perfectly fine, though. And i needed to do push-ups or immediately go for a run to give my heart a reason to panic. I've even done freefight with my friend to channel the feeling.
Maybe i'm not ready for american master weed.
>>
>>57945419
haha, yeah man. That's exactly what I'm talking about.

You just have to build a tolerance. When I got out of the Army and moved to Chicago I hadn't smoked in a long time. My roommates smoked me up and I felt like my head was going to pop with each beat of my heart.

I'd be interested to know where you guys grow it in France or maybe if it comes from Africa?
>>
>>57945577
i wish i kinew the percentages better. All i know is that a lot of our own weed isn't even made in France, indeed.. Usually it comes from Maghreb (Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco). But we still have a decent amount of plantations in France, both indoors and outdoors.

Gendarmerie's (kind of the police for the countryside) helicopters do patrols with some sort of thermic camera that can spot these plantations, unfortunately (because cannabis plants emit more heat than your average flower).
>>
File: holland.jpg (74 KB, 580x362) Image search: [Google]
holland.jpg
74 KB, 580x362
>>57945928
>helicopters do patrols with some sort of thermic camera that can spot these plantations

Same thing here. They also look at electricity bills. But out West it's just wilderness and mountains. Too much area for cops to effectively look.

And then there is this really hilarious example of a bust out in Holland.
>>
>>57946023
top kek, i had this very image in my mind.

20% of 15-34 year olds in France regularly smoke. Is there a huge part of the american youth that smoke or am i just filled with Project X bullshit?
>>
>>57941818
dang, i think ill do this in a few hours, take my bike out. need to stay up to fix my sleeping pattern anyway.
>>
>>57946132
a lot of Americans smoke, nearly as much as Canadians, if not more.

I'd say at least 70% of NA has smoked once, and 30% smoke on a weekly basis
>>
>>57946132
>20% of 15-34 year olds in France regularly smoke.

I don't know about "regularly". According to gallup ~38% of Americans have tried pot. Probably 10% of that age group smoke regularly (as in once per month).

Definitely still a bit of a stigma against pot use.
>>
>>57946245
No. Those numbers are way too high.

>http://www.gallup.com/poll/163835/tried-marijuana-little-changed-80s.aspx
>>
File: Ice Mage.gif (2 MB, 635x288) Image search: [Google]
Ice Mage.gif
2 MB, 635x288
Love it. Always have. Did it back in Finland and love it even more here in Spain. Complete darkness, silence and peace. Powerful feeling. Some good, beautiful music pieces make it even better experience.
>>
>>57946319
>>57946245
mayple syrup's numbers seemed quite high, indeed, but on the contrary, yours (gallup.com) seem to be much lower than what i expected, after after lowering my expectations.
>>57946286
same here.

>>57946416
nothing beats Board of Canada in these situations.
>>
>>57946564
even after*

2:30 AM here.
>>
>>57946609
5:08 AM here (afghanistan)
>>
>>57946416
>>57946564

Well, since we mentioned music there, tell me the one very best song which gives you the best feeling when you are walking out there in the night.

For me, its this. Absolutely this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elfAyK3JyPM
>>
>>57946685
Is that you i've been talking all along? Why american flag?
Are the cannabis meme real in your country? Do you grow weed of legendary quality?

>>57946707
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GW6sLrK40k
this song drives me to places that only the mind can build.

I'll post this too. I don't know why, but your music reminded me of this one. Now that i'm listening to it, it makes even less sense. But fuck this (also, great track, man. Coming to Barcelona next month)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_HmuDOR-Vw

You should also definitely check the Soundtrack of Machinarium. I mean it.
>>
>>57946985
Yea, that's me and yeah we grow the epic weed (and Canada too).

Probably American flag since I'm using an American company for wifi out here on an American base.
>>
>>57947035
Oh ok, first i thought you were afghan.
"thank you for your service" anon. It must be freaking hot during the day. It's only April and i can barely walk 10 minutes to school here.
>>
>>57947131
it's not hot yet, we're up the in the mountains.

and I'm out here as a civilian now
>>
>>57947169
And what do you do here? Unless its top secret ofc.
>>
File: 12119_195.jpg (52 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
12119_195.jpg
52 KB, 650x650
>>57931869
>Who likes aimless strolls in the city?

When my buddies and I were 15-16 and first started drinking, (1983-84) wandering thru the neighborhood while sipping off a pint of peppermint schnapps or Southern Comfort tucked into the inside pocket of our jean jackets, was standard operating procedure on weekends.
>>
>>57947322
it's top secret ofc

but I get a nice paycheck
>>
>>57947509
a nice paycheck for a nice /int/ browing? Sounds definitely good.
>>
>>57947661
yea, it's not bad man.

what are you studying?
>>
>>57946319
>>I'd say at least 70% of NA has smoked once, and 30% smoke on a weekly basis
>No. Those numbers are way too high.

I dunno about that.

I may be out of the loop nowadays (I'm 48) but when I was in high school, it was probably 90% for those tried weed at least once and maybe 50% for those who would hit a doobie at a house party, with 15% or so being stoners.
>>
>>57947695

The name of what i study isn't what I study.
I study "political science" in Sciences Po, some sort of french Ivy League school.
I actually mainly study economics, sociology, law (constitutional, administrative, European union law), and history.
Plus a whole set of little subjetcs that take like 2 hours a week.
It usually leads to jobs in administration, law office, diplomaty, mbut iterally every job is possible. We have 2 common years, 1 year abroad, and then 2 years in the field of our choice. I'd like to specialize in International relations and/or diplomaty and/or Defense.

It takes a whole paragraph to explain correctly what I do. sorry about that.
>>
Nope. Scared of being robbed if I go by myself
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.