[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way to learn Korean?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 1459506974610.jpg (38 KB, 437x438) Image search: [Google]
1459506974610.jpg
38 KB, 437x438
What is the best way to learn Korean?
>>
Be born in Korea
>>
tie a noose and hang it from the ceiling

place neck inside noose

hang there for ~30 seconds and you will know korean
>>
why
>>
>>57915328
If you're not in a rush then you could wait for the duolingo course. That's what I'm doing,learning Turkish in the mean time
>>
>>57915328
Visit Korea.
Or practise.

>>57915915
>Turkish
Goddamn man. I was considering it but I found it a little bit complex to begin with, and have zero need for it. How come you're doing it?
>>
>>57915328
1. Learn hangul (easy)
2. Replace all TV shows you watch by Korean dramas/shows (not recommended for your mental health)
3. Replace all songs you listen to by k-pop (not recommended for your mental health)
4. Just fucking google online Korean courses (easy), take offline language courses (boring), live in Korea (doable)
5. Also go on interpals, many Koreans are actually crazy about Germany for some reason and will be happy to speak in Korean to you (seriously though... why would anyone like Germany that much...?)
>>
>>57917118
>2. Replace all TV shows you watch by Korean dramas/shows (not recommended for your mental health)

Why's that?
>>
>>57917159
Because they're fucking retarded?

But just "hearing" a language definitely helps you pick up some words & some kind of an accent
>>
>>57915328
play competitive Starcraft
>>
>>57917118
>online Korean courses
Are they interactive (with live people) or can you download them and then learn when you have free time?
>>
>>57917730
It's you again! Did you check the sites?

Also, Memrise does some okay Korean courses. You can do them online or offline.

You usually have to pay for the ones with live people. You could possibly check out busuu, as well.

Also, look at Mondly. They have Korean. I can give you a code, if it still works, so you can access premium for free.
>>
>>57917730
idk m8.. just fucking google it uhh, check on yt too, sign up on interpals, try language exchange websites etc.
>>
>>57915328
stop do 4chan and study harder

this works for a every language in entire world.
>>
>>57918140
Gracias
>>
>>57918140
it's time to apply your own tips m8
STOP DO 4CHAN
>>
>>57917159
they are soap operas, like telenovelas but more sappy
>>
>>57918077
Hey Britbro! Yes, I did. I got a pal from India to learn Hindi in exchange for English, and an American who would like to learn Serbian, still no luck with the Koreans yet. But I will be persistent.

Yeah, I am looking for free courses. You can probably understand what kind of an economic disaster Serbia is when I tell you I work construction (10hr work day) with a degree in psychology... So, any help I can get is very much appreciated.

>>57918127
Thanks for these suggestions
>>
하일 히틀러!
>>
>>57918466
https://www.mondlylanguages. com

On a computer, go to shop
Type: MONDLY
(All caps) in the discount box

And press OK

Youtube also has a bunch of informal courses as well that would be of use.
>>
File: korean+drama.jpg (717 KB, 1600x1422) Image search: [Google]
korean+drama.jpg
717 KB, 1600x1422
>>57915328
Watching Korean DRAMA

K-POP IS NOT THAT HELPFUL TO STUDY KOREAN CUZ IT'S SOMETIMES NOT UNDERSTANDABLE FOR KOREANS EITHER
>>
>>57918607
Thank you very much! Worked like a charm. Can you explain a bit, what this website does? Live lessons, conversational skills, grammar, what is the site based on?

For YT, I have found that most of the people offering lessons are limiting their content, in effort to make you go to their websites for further learning. While I understand their intentions, it is confusing to constantly switch courses and lessons from one source to another, as they all have different content and styles of teaching
>>
>>57915328
Go there on vacation and look for the souvenir shop
>>
>>57918933
Glad to help.

They do daily lessons, including daily ones. Nothing amazing, but they will give you a good foundation of basic phrases and so on. It's similar to Duolingo to some extent but the phrases are more serious. You won't be able to speak to people there, but that's where other websites will come in handy.

You can also change between languages and levels from Beginner -> Advanced. The more advanced, the more you type. I use intermediate simply because I prefer the more varied option.

http://www.talktomeinkorean.com/ Might be worth looking at, too. Apparently they have a thousand lessons and it looks okay.
>>
>>57917072

I wanted to learn a non-indo-european language, and turkish was the only one available on duolingo.

So far so good, it doesn't have any irregular verbs and things are generally very streamlined, the grammar is complex for me, but it's nice to spend my time trying to figure out new grammar concepts than memorizing a bunch of exceptions.

I also finished dutch and I am constantly keeping the tree gold, it's annoying as hell to remember which noun is neuter and which is masculine, plus all the weirdo verbs. Same shit in norway but I grew up with it so that's nice.
>>
>>57919205
I am liking this Mondly site, browsing as we converse. A lot of interesting stuff, and that option to switch the difficulty suits me great. About speaking to people, I ask that because upload rate in Serbia is one of the lowest I have seen anywhere, so it is hard to talk to people, even on Skype.

Is Talk to me in Korean free? Checking it out now, and can't find any button for payment, it would be great if it was free.
>>
>>57919414
Ah, I got you. If you could encourage them on Duolingo to get Finnish, too, that would be pretty fun. Which languages are you waiting for besides Korean? Vietnamese should be out this month or next.

>>57919424
Glad you like it. I *think* that it's free. I didn't see anything to pay for it.

If even chatting on Skype is poor, what about downloading and stuff? If you can use radio without too much hassle, you can look at TuneIn.

http://tunein.com/radio/South-Korea-r100367/

You will probably understand almost nothing, at least to begin with, but if you can listen you will begin to understand how the language works and can break it down. When I listen to some languages, for example, it all sounds like "shtchsbshnnnmsh". I can't work out the flow of it. If you listen to the language your brain begins to work it out better.
>>
>>57919663

Thinking of doing hebrew next, then maybe korean. Possibly swahili if that comes out before korean (which it probably will)
>>
>>57919663
>what about downloading and stuff?
Download rates are fine, it's the upload that is pathetic, so TuneIn is no problem. I have used it in the past, but have completely forgotten about it.

>If you listen to the language your brain begins to work it out better.

Agreed, this is how I have learned most of my English, over 90% I would estimate. The flow is as important as grammar in my opinion, even if it sounds like "shtchsbshnnnmsh" in the beginning, it slowly starts making sense as you progress.
>>
>>57920161
Hebrew sounds fun, and yeah I think Swahili will come out before Korean.

>>57920194
Looks like watching films and radio will probably be your best bet, then. I don't think it's very common for Japanese people to do this, but as you know it's very useful. I just wish I liked more forms of music. I tend to be into classical, which can go on for ages and then I get a few sentences and it's gone again.
>>
File: 1455571673540.png (91 KB, 243x263) Image search: [Google]
1455571673540.png
91 KB, 243x263
>>57919114
>warmbier
>warm
>beer
>>
>>57920327
>Looks like watching films and radio will probably be your best bet, then
Certainly looks like it. And I think that you explained my advantage here: I listen to a lot of different music, so it kind of diversifies my learning sources, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for another interesting conversation. It has been an honor (still struggling with English idioms, hope I didn't fail)
>>
>>57920560
Nope, it was good. Happy to help. See you around, Serbiabro!
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.