[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Russia have so much clay and resources but is still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 2000px-Russian_Federation.png (860 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Russian_Federation.png
860 KB, 2000x2000
Why does Russia have so much clay and resources but is still a shithole?
>>
>>57908615
Russians
>>
Years of systematic western opression
>>
It doesn't have any resources, what are you talking about? It's just a huge land mass with not much going on
>>
>>57908664
American education
>>
>>57908615
Because their economy is based on selling those recourses and when foreign capitalist pigs artificially lower the price of them the economy and country suffers.
>>
>>57908615
google Resource curse

basically raw natural resources can be exploited by a small number of individuals who are under no obligation to give back, especially in corrupt countries. Oligarchs in Russia are doing very well for themselves. It takes a much broader economy with good education and institutions to do something like build airplane engines because you need to draw from multiple sectors and citizens with a wide variety of skills, and people like that tend to leave the cunt ASAP
>>
Because Russians cant into good government, i think they prefer to be shit and oppressed.
>>
1918, 1924, 1933, 1941-45, 1993, 1998. It's a crises when the Russian citizens lost all their property or they were devalued to zero.
>>
File: 1456323845669.jpg (25 KB, 498x412) Image search: [Google]
1456323845669.jpg
25 KB, 498x412
>>57908664
God damn it Tyrone read a fucking book once in a while
>>
too many wars and smashing the reset button
>>
>>57908636

apparently not industrializing or paying attention to the Enlightenment qualifies as being 'oppressed'?

I mean, Peter and Catherine paid lip service, but neither of them enacted lasting change. Serfdom existed until 1861, which is actually a pretty hilarious year from an American perspective.
>>
>>57909131

> Serfdom existed until 1861, which is actually a pretty hilarious year from an American perspective.

Hilarious because Americans still had chattel slavery?
>>
>>57909188

Bingo. Yet we accelerated a full recovery from an archaic system from having a full blown civil war, one that was started in that very year.

Russia finally managed to recover when they had their revolution, but it was almost 60 years after serfs were supposedly 'free.'
>>
>>57908615
they have no imperative to improve their material conditions of living. I've read an interview with the son of the russian ambassador to some african state, and he said that mentally Russia is a lot like Africa (he underlined that he doesn't say that as something disparaging)

Russia exists for war. I wonder what Russia will do in the face of growing islam and China
>>
>>57908839
Maybe they should try and spread that wealth around. Perhaps they could live with an economy where the central government controls the resources and profits. They can set up social services to make sure everyone is taken care of. Perhaps they give everyone education and jobs.
>>
File: meme.png (319 KB, 526x513) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
319 KB, 526x513
lets keep generalizing and underestimating a ppl who do not give a rats fuck about you
>>
>>57909353
good idea, you should write a book about it
>>
Because putin in is gay
>>
>>57909353
Hopefully in my lifetime.
>>
>>57909287
We would've ended up with a revolution of our own if COINTELPRO hadn't done its job
>>
>>57911084
Putin is probably the least gay head of state.
>>
>>57909329
Against China? Nothing at all.

They would get obliterated.
>>
>>57912055
Current Russia would still BTFO China. Your Russophobic feelings don't magically make China stronger than it really is.
>>
File: 4.jpg (65 KB, 856x907) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
65 KB, 856x907
>>
>>57908615
If you want to find the anser, you've got the entire world wide web at your fingertips. Try reading for once in your fucking life.
>>
One day I'm gonna set up a farm in Russia and export pork, chicken and beef to Western Europe
>>
>>57908664
>American education
>>
>>57909287
>Russia finally managed to recover when they had their revolution
sorry bro, i know you mean well but that is one of the most retarded things i heard
>>
>>57908839
>Resource curse
Good read. Cheers.
>>
Majority of Russia is uninhabitable. They have less population than Bangladesh.
>>
Lets all blame the crazy georgian :^)
>>
>>57908627
/thread
>>
>>57908615
Corruption
>>57911899
What about Berlusconi?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.