[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Justify the Vietnam War.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: foodhelphelper.png (13 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
foodhelphelper.png
13 KB, 657x527
Justify the Vietnam War.
>>
white evilness
>>
>>57899843
Tried to prob up a regime that ultimately proved to be incapable.

Basically what South Korea was if the North was competent
>>
Proxy war between America and Russia.
>>
File: INGSOC_1280x800.jpg (88 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
INGSOC_1280x800.jpg
88 KB, 1280x800
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Containment
>>
>>57899952
not a good reason to start a war with a non aggressive country and massacre them
inb4 'muh Tonkin'
>>
File: ap680927161_soldier.jpg (65 KB, 383x500) Image search: [Google]
ap680927161_soldier.jpg
65 KB, 383x500
I got drafted and it's them or me.
>>
>>57899843
we wuz rice farmers n shiet
>>
Literally lost a war to guys with bamboo sticks.
>>
>>57899843
>Justify the Vietnam War.
It was just banter m8
>>
File: usabtfo.png (9 KB, 695x67) Image search: [Google]
usabtfo.png
9 KB, 695x67
>>
There is no justification. It was pure and simple Evil.
>>
Communisms is a bad deal for most people involved.
>>
It was a full scale half assed war
>>
>>57899843

Just another example of us trying to dig the French out of their own shit and get dragged into it with them.
>>
>>57899843
"i don't like vietnam fucking shits but i hate communist vietnam fucking shits more"
t. john kennedy
>>
>>57900635
Yeah but that was all of the airplanes they had.
>>
>>57901015
and yet you lost 10.000

why?
>>
>Trying to justify the vietnam war
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 960x748) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 960x748
War of Northern aggression.
>>
File: bert-the-turtle2.jpg (648 KB, 1429x759) Image search: [Google]
bert-the-turtle2.jpg
648 KB, 1429x759
>>57899843
We wanted to wave our dick at Russia but we couldn't exactly slap it in their face without them whipping it out and sword fighting us. That'd just be gay. So instead, we went and shoved our throbbing phallus at Russia's little cousin Vietnam. That was acceptable because Vietnam had a feminine penis, so it was 100% halal.

However, after a while we got concerned that fucking a little boy might actually be gay, and it was getting really difficult to keep our dick hard while Vietnam kept trying to gouge our eyes out. So we called it a day, went home. Then we smoked some weed with hippies and elected Bill Clinton to reaffirm our heterosexuality.
>>
>>57901614
what
>>
SOME FOLKS ARE BAWN
>>
>>57901882
MADE TO WAVE THA FLAG
>>
>>57899843
Commies need to die.
>>
>>57899843
Couldn't, so it ended
>>
>>57901108
We had more clearlY
>>
>>57901940
OOH THAT RED WHITE AN BLUE
>>
File: image.png (75 KB, 435x293) Image search: [Google]
image.png
75 KB, 435x293
>>57901614
Basically this yeah
>>
>came for ccr
>wasn't disappointed
OH THEY ARE BREAD WHITE AND GLUE
>>
>>57899843
I think it was trying to suggest something about the duality of man.
>>
Oil
>>
>>57902027
AND WHEN THA BAN PLAYS HAAAIL TO THA CHIEF
>>
In all honesty it was a learning experience for the defense contractors and R&D thinktanks

You can thank Vietnam for all the modern doctrines of combat
>>
>>57901614
pretty accurate
>>
>>57900085
We were trying to prop up the south like in South Korea only they had some messy internal politics which doesn't exactly encourage the average citizen. Johnson escalated our involvement till we were balls deep and the rest is history. Also, the whole shit show is really courtesy of the frogs.
>>
>>57900658
Lee Chong your country was there too.
>>
>>57900737
This. If they fucking committed to it, the war probably wouldn't have dragged on into the shit show it became.
>>
>>57900635
Russians Manning anti-aircraft sites around Hanoi leading to our policy of don't engage anti-aircraft sites in the area led to a lot of that.
>>
>>57899843
>Justify the Vietnam War.
The Vietnamese are doing that right now with every step they take away from communism towards capitalism. If the US had won the war, Vietnam might look like a slightly less well-off version of Taiwan right now, rather than the impoverished version of China it is. And before you say 'but the south Vietnamese government was basically a right-wing dictatorship, not a democracy', so was Taiwan back in the 60s (as were other Asian countries like South Korea and Singapore for that matter, which are now prosperous democracies). There would also have been a knock on effect in Cambodia and Laos, which did indeed fall to communism after Vietnam did (despite liberal dismissiveness of the 'domino theory'), and so would undoubtedly have benefitted from South Vietnam remaining capitalist.

as for whether the US could actually have won the war? Absolutely. The core of the Vietcong insurgency was wiped out during the Tet offensive, and from then on the war was mostly fought by North Vietnamese regulars. The Tet offensive was in fact a sizeable strategic victory for America - it was only the liberal media establishment which turned it into a defeat. Maybe it would have been better if the American public hadn't been promised an easy victory by the government, but if the Americans after Tet had been willing to knuckle down and really make an effort, they could definitely have won the war. It was only the media's insistence that the victory was impossible that led to America's defeat.
>>
>>57901108
Civilian retards ROE for multiple years had a lot (though not all) to do with it.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.au.af.mil/au/aupress/digital/pdf/paper/t_drake_rules_of_defeat.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjYhaXG0o_MAhVDGT4KHTXZCzEQFggrMAU&usg=AFQjCNGpQ7EiW0ANv0aO1mdX7VzGRqTD2g&sig2=SRh4XmetA_WO3IcQX7hzMg
>>
He did nothing wrong

Well except for letting Communist-sympathising journalist fuckwits into his country

>Dude, Diem's like a totally oppressive dictator that wants to destroy Buddhism. Ho Chi? He's a total bro man, anyone that got sent to a re-education camp probably had it coming 2bh
>>
Had to test them somehow

https://youtu.be/1o_8b31GRnU
>>
>60k american soldiers die for no reason
>It ain't me starts playing
>>
>>57900180
this sounds like an actual quote, is it?

i like it
>>
>>57899843
IT WAS THE FRENCH
>>
File: image.png (31 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31 KB, 657x527
The jews wanted it.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.