[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gaelic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Gaelic.png (526 KB, 1445x947) Image search: [Google]
Gaelic.png
526 KB, 1445x947
So I'm trying to learn Irish Gaelic, and people tell me to watch tv shows.

Anyone have any good ones or if there are reliable translations of american tv shows into gaelic?
>>
Why learn a dead worthless language that is rarely spoken by irrelevant drunks.

Oh I know. MUH HERITAGEEE
>>
>>57895534
no heritage to ireland, im 100 percent beaner

what is with you butthurt europoors though? you're so worried that some white americans might learn something about your country? what is so bad about that?
>>
>>57895605
I take it you're new to this board OP so it would be good to learn this quick.

This board is infested with bitter European tightwads who are so jealous that we have pretty much obliterated them in every global competition. You would think that they'd be flattered that the super successful people find something cool about their country, but instead they go full nigger and just mockingly cry 'muh heritage' which is just a thinly disguised equivalent to 'cultural appropriation!!!!'
>>
>>57895765
Top kek, that is the best description ive ever reead of this board
eurofags BTFO!!!!
>>
lel i seriously doubt any tv studios have taken the time to translate their shows into irish, no money in it cause i doubt there are even 100 people in the world who only speak irish, actually i honestly wouldnt be surprised if there were ZERO
>>
The only Celtic language spoken widely is Welsh. Pretty sure more people speak Breton than Gaelic now.
>>
File: 1458758512250.jpg (580 KB, 1600x2200) Image search: [Google]
1458758512250.jpg
580 KB, 1600x2200
>>57895472
>Irish Gaelic
Tá sé "Gaeilge".
Iontach. Is teanga dheacair í.

Google "Gaelic" or "Irish language pack" on Piratebay and you should find Irish/Scottish there. Or try to listen to shit like this for a good measure of what you're getting into.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k4ZNF2BzvE

Though, you came at a bad time, it's like 1AM now, and most Euros don't bother to post about niche subjects like this.

There's occasionally an /éire/ or /celt/ thread going on once or twice a week, but the generals are mostly, dead and don't spawn that often. Also, most tend to speak English and can't into Gaeilge at all (not that I should speak of any skill). Paddies/Taigs do tend to get a bit pissed about the muh heritage thing though, even though they should be a bit more open to people trying to help reviving their langauge.

Go n-éirí leat, anon.

>>57895765
That's an awful lot of hubris m8. Seems to me, that the bitter one here is you.

>>57896108
Around 500k~ that speak Welsh fluently as a first language, and some 90,000 that speak Gaeilge. Though there's like double the amount of people who speak Gaeilge than Welsh, if you count in speaking it as a second language.
>t. wikisauce
>>
>>57896310
Aside from the hubris part he is kind of right ya know, you should be proud that people around the world find your country/language/people/whatever interesting enough to dedicate a part of their lives to learn it.
>>
>>57896436
>hue hue hue
>>
File: 1450446545596.jpg (327 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1450446545596.jpg
327 KB, 1200x900
>>57896436
This board is basically /pol/-lite, and Europe is one of the richest places in the world with generous welfare systems. It's not really surprising that people suspect people to have a second agenda. That and we're generally xenophobic, we can barely tolerate each other after all.

Put aside from the mentality behind it, the main reason might be because of people who wants to "appreciate" our culture, are about just as guilty in preaching about their own superiority. I mean, "yuropoor" is probably the most used word apart from cuck on this board, even though many European countries have a higher standard of living.
>>
>>57896436
>taking your country so personally you find pride in random strangers who take interest in it

I never got this, why do people give a fuck? It's just a piece of dirt
>>
>>57896922
> autistic children often have difficulty associating and sympathising with others
>>
File: 34623462436243634.jpg (34 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
34623462436243634.jpg
34 KB, 624x351
>>57896108
There are 30,000 Patagonian welsh speakers in Argentina, give it or take it.
I've been wanting to learn it just out of curiousity, I also think the language should expand a bit more so it doesn't die out.

If it had more relevance in Patagonia it could rise its numbers much more in a couple of generations.
>>
File: creepyleprechaun.jpg (71 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
creepyleprechaun.jpg
71 KB, 620x372
>>57895472
you could check out TG4 and see if the player works for your cunt. That's our Irish channel. they translate a load of cartoons as gaeilge, a lot of music programs and mostly awful tv shows. Although if you're lucky every now and then you'll catch some hilarious bogger shows. One had an aul lad just hurling abuse at girls for a half hour.
There's TG lurgan as well on youtube, they cover mainstream songs. There are probably others but thats the most popular one
link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtAfUsEfIqE
Hopefully the tg4player can works so you can watch some GAA or something.
>>
>>57895472
Save yourself the trouble and learn a language that people actually speak.
>>57898918
Man I am still pissed about how they stopped playing cartoons in english and got the same few people to dub over everything in irish.
>>
>>57896310
Technically Irish is our first language. No we cant speak it worth a shit but its still our first language.
>>
>irish gaelic
protip: it's just called irish

t. fenian scum
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.