[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people keep insisting that Italian, Spanish or Portugese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1983-004-8030CB3A.jpg (87 KB, 541x571) Image search: [Google]
1983-004-8030CB3A.jpg
87 KB, 541x571
Why do people keep insisting that Italian, Spanish or Portugese are different languages? If you can understand over 60-70% of what someone else is trying to say, it's just a different fucking dialect. Same with Slavs or the Nordics.
"hurr I've learned another language, you guise" yeah, because over 80% of the words you use is literally the same dipshit.

This is why nobody can take Indo-Europeans seriously. Literally the entire continent is suffering from the worst special snowflake syndrome I've ever seen.
>yes, do label all products with both Czech and Slovakian instruction
>even though they're literally the same plus minus a couple of letters
>>
american tier thread
>>
>>57893835
Fernch is more germanic than latin and spanish is full of arabic words.
>>
>>57893835
Butthurt belt doesn't even know what more to get butthurt about.
>>
File: CELT ME.png (399 KB, 1140x584) Image search: [Google]
CELT ME.png
399 KB, 1140x584
>>57893835
portugal is a celtic language,not romance
>>
>>57894091
Exactly, this guy knows
>>
Go back to the steppe then if you don't like it Attila
>>
>>57893835
Ask linguists, mr expert.
>>
Aren't Hungarians just Catholic Turks?
>>
File: Polish-Russian relations.png (4 MB, 2318x2995) Image search: [Google]
Polish-Russian relations.png
4 MB, 2318x2995
>>57894022
>>
Do you have any idea how little 60% even is is terms of languages? Let's say you understand not just 60% of a language, but 90%. That means that every ten words you don't understand one. So, you probably won't understand 1 or 2 words each sentence. That's enough to miss the main idea of the sentence. Now imagine you only understand 60%. No way you are going to have a conversation while not understanding 2 out of every 5 words.
>>
>>57900633
Do you have any idea how much 60% is in terms of languages, when you literally can't understand a single word from any foreigner? I mean seriously. Finnish is 100% foreign. Same with Estonian. Mansi. Khanty.

60% means you can just go and order coffee whenever, wherever. 0% means you have to resort to caveman talk, pointing at shit, and hoping they understand.
>>
>>57893835
>If you can understand over 60-70% of what someone else is trying to say
where did you get these numbers from? I can understand some Spanish but as an Italian speaker languages like French, Romanian and Portuguese are almost completely different
>>
>>57893835
t. son of the steppes
>>
>>57894091
t. An Albhairth Bairbossa
>>
>>57893835
>implying Slovaks have something written in Slovakian
No1 in Slovakia uses Slovak language, they all write, speak and read Czech.

Get yo info straight Mongboi.
>>
>>57900954
>where did you get these numbers from?
Where do you think? I pulled it out of me arse.

I asked people.

>>57900973
Thank you asian bro, but i'm 100% European. It's so shameful. Once a proud nation of horse riders, now, whiteskins virtually indistinguishable from other Europeans. Smug slavs and germans washed our noble blood away, we are asian only in our culture and language.
>>
>>57898404
Isn't Canada just a containment zone for cuckolded americans?
>>
>>57901175
Thats actually literally what Canada is. Loyalist America.
>>
>>57901265
oh my god you're right.
The Cucked States of America.
>>
>>57902191
>stood up to those in power
>cucked
>cowered and licked the hand that fed them
>uncucked
A FUCKING LEAF

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

L
E
A
F
>>
>>57894091
Is this why I feel an irresistible urge to expropriate Portuguese property and give it to good Germanic Visigoth Spanish landholders instead?
>>
>>57894091
WE WUZ CELTICZ AND SHIEET
>>
>>57902232
Yeah and we're the United States of America
>>
I'm more or less ok with this. Arabic or chinese have developed an unitary language system from WAAAAAAAY different dialects than spanish, portuguese and italian (f.ex)

same with nordics, and east slavs. the other parts of these families are different enough thought.
>>
A language is a dialect with an army and a navy.
>>
>>57902673
country*

catalan is considered a language and they don't even have a country
>>
>>57902710
It's kinda a hyperbolic thing.
>>
>>57894091
>celtic

meaningless
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.