[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Language Challenge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9
File: 8946516.jpg (104 KB, 625x469) Image search: [Google]
8946516.jpg
104 KB, 625x469
Dear /int/,

Here are synonyms for 'rational mind' :

logical, coherent, logical, lucid, demythologized, intelligent, reasoning, thinking, reasonable, sane, sensible, intellectual, noetic

Here is the challenge :

Tell me a word, another synonym, for all the above.

It must be understood in most languages in the world.

p.s. this is for a project in /pol/, which will be launched in case we find a word that we can all agree to.

Thanks.
>>
>>57893516
>/pol/

trashed
>>
>>57893558

Please elaborate ?
>>
File: brainballs.jpg (58 KB, 526x615) Image search: [Google]
brainballs.jpg
58 KB, 526x615
bumping with brainballs
>>
File: bump.jpg (46 KB, 520x346) Image search: [Google]
bump.jpg
46 KB, 520x346
bump
>>
bumpity
>>
File: cute_kitty.jpg (98 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
cute_kitty.jpg
98 KB, 500x667
>>57893516
Agnostic
>>
>>57895907

Thank you. I see your take on this but agnostic brings god/religion into this which has nothing to do with all the other synonyms.
>>
>>57893516
Wise?
>>
>>57896535

Good, but it's probably only understood in English. I am looking for a word that overarches over more languages. A root word, if you like.
>>
>>57893516
Sophic?
>>
Smart?
>>
not the dumb?
>>
Discerning, critical, inquiring.
>>
>>57897006
Thank you. This has caught my attention.
That is actually very nice word.
>>
>>57897359
>being complimented by a Brit at 02:15 CET+1
Wew, life goals
>>
>>57893516
Here's some more (possible)

Methodological/methodical, accountable, sound, sagacious, gnostic
>>
>>57898041
Forgot "sage", as well
>>
>>57898041
>>57898077
Thanks, appreciated.

I thought of maybe merging the words, like Sophognostic ? Sounds interesting, google search : no results.
Does it even make sense ?
>>
>>57899061
It would be too much
"Sophognostic" would mean "Knowledgeably knowledge" or "Knowledgeably related to knowledge/revelation of knowledge"
>>
>>57899215

Thanks, it's useless. At least we invented a name for a djent band :D
>>
OK, let's settle on a word sophic.
If you were to use the word to describe a way of life, could it be called Sophism ?
>>
>>57893516
Euphoric
>>
Maybe "clear"? In Polish we have similar word "klarowny" read as klarovny with clear "r".
>>
File: lets go trump.jpg (434 KB, 714x1160) Image search: [Google]
lets go trump.jpg
434 KB, 714x1160
>>57893516
Aw man you're a britbong?
No matter
Pragmatic
>>
>>57899389
>>57899598
A djent band? Man, those "djent" people get on my fucking nerves. I'm a metalhead, find a liking from. Man I remember mid 2000's, high school. The obnoxious scene people who just wouldn't quite shut the fuck up about how their music is better than yours. Then the emos crept into my city, you could literally see them pop out 2007-2008, was it....the city was full of them and scenes. Djent listeners remind me of them. They just won't shut the fuck up about their repetitive, three tone, "hear this sweet drop dude, totally different from the others" music. And when you say a djent piece sounds like a metalcore song they go on a fucking endless rant how you just compared metalcore to djent, he'll show you how djent is different from metalcore, or deathcore, technical death or whatever the fuck...they get their panties in a twist, just mention "metalcore"...all the shit sounds the same. Veil of Maya, Pierce the Veil, A Day to Remember, Osiris, Periphery, Of Mice and Men...fucking hell, the only different thing is the quantity of synthesizers and beats in it or how "pop"/radio it sounds. Some good songs there, but ostracising others based on it is fucking stupid. Don't be THAT faggot, Nigel, let the people be

"Sophism" is not a lifestyle, it's a way of publicly elaborating on philosophy using rhetorics. Let's call it ancient philosophical populism...(although not an accurate description). Due to the popularisation of sophism, they were branded deceiving cunts, because they usually were. They started relying on the "rhetoric" part, if you know what I mean. So from them branched out the famous "eristics" (from the goddess of strife and chaos, "Eris"), a bunch of ancient shitposting faggots that were focused on ad hominem, affirming the consent, argument from godly authority and so on...to defeat their "opponent". They saw victory as only way of spreading their message. It was not important to philosophically engage the individual but defeat him.
>>
>>57899956
You could use "clairvoyant" (fr. "clear vision")
>>
>>57899598
You could hypothetically describe <b> A </b> way of life as Sophistic. Being sophistic is just being wise. (Or deceitful, not that there's much of a difference imo.)
Pro tip
>Sophic isn't actually the original word and isn't recognized world wide.
what do I know i'm just a n33t tho
>>
File: 1460073445302.jpg (62 KB, 660x572) Image search: [Google]
1460073445302.jpg
62 KB, 660x572
>>57893516
>It must be understood in most languages in the world.
How in the fuck are we supposed to know?

Logical monster
Sapient
Clever
Cunning
Witty
>>
File: niggers.png (166 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
niggers.png
166 KB, 1360x768
>>57900525
>How in the fuck are we supposed to know?
Googletranslate is your friend
Pic related
>>
>>57900472
Sophic and Sophistic have the same roots but different applications
"Sophists" are the deceiving and conniving cunts/"""""teachers"""""" of their favourite "cults". "Sophia" is simply "knowledge/wisdom"
>>
File: zlease help.jpg (70 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
zlease help.jpg
70 KB, 480x480
>>57900642
Ah, thank you for the clarification
What a Pragmatičan čovjek
>>
>>57900605
I'll give you some more in spanish anyway.

Ingenioso
Avispado
Vivaz
Sagaz
Superdotado
Erudito
Estudioso
>>
File: 3216541236.png (98 KB, 863x894) Image search: [Google]
3216541236.png
98 KB, 863x894
I like what it says on thesaurus, pic related.

Can we bend the word Sophic to name a movement/way of life/society/community/government party/whatever ?

Imagine a society where all the decisions taken must correspondent with most/all of those synonyms and people making those decisions must not be any of the antonyms.
Along with total transparency, this could make an impenetrable,new, ideology.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.