[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you vegetarian /int/? if so, why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 12
File: veggipizza.jpg (59 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
veggipizza.jpg
59 KB, 360x360
Are you vegetarian /int/? if so, why?
>>
Yes

Animals are treated terribly on factory farms and factory farms are the majority of farms in US
>>
No, that would be retarded.
>>
Yes, vegetarian.
I think it's not necessary to eat animal flesh if you can provide all of the same nutrients through other foods and B-12 injections once in a year.
I also don't support mass meat production.
>>
No.
>>
>>57883253
yes, i take a royal shit on my ancestors who climbed to the top of the food chain
i have become the man-cow
>>
>>57883253
I want that pizza pie in me a mouth
>>
im vaginarian desu
>>
No because i'm not a pussy
>>
>>57883253

no, I had a father growing up
>>
>>57883448
you're just saying that so the finn wont eat you
>>
>>57883448
I never got this. Aren't you less of a pussy for being vegetarian because it is an unpopular decision that takes effort rather than doing nothing?
>>
>>57883253
yea, I am a vegetarian,
most of my friends are not thou, but i don't care
>>
nah senpai
>>
>>57883331
How so? Even if you don't care about animals welfare here is why you should think about changing your diet:
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/aug/04/climate-change-impact-vegetarian
>>
I'm poor, so I guess it's the same.
>>
>>57883469
People are not only vegetarians because they are compassionate towards animals.
Some may not like the meat for the taste or disease risks.
>>
I am a guy vegetarian. I've only met one other guy who is one, but countless girls who are. Why?
>>
No fuck that I'm an American. I need meat
>>
>>57883569
because women are stupid
>>
>>57883253
I personally dont give a fuck, it's only natural.
We are on the top of the foodchain, deal with it hippies.
>>
I don't see the point in being vegetarian
the animals are going to be mass killed to be eaten anyway there is no stopping it may as well just enjoy the meat
>>
File: ab-complete-wheat-flakes.png (62 KB, 405x540) Image search: [Google]
ab-complete-wheat-flakes.png
62 KB, 405x540
>>57883366
>B-12 injections once in a year
or eat pic related every morning
>>
>>57883694
But that's not true
http://www.countinganimals.com/how-many-animals-does-a-vegetarian-save/

Also, saying something will just happen anyway, why should I do anything to stop it is a terrible attitude for anything in general
>>
>>57883253
No
I don't subscribe to meme diets
>>
>>57883694
>400 Million Fewer Animals Were Killed for Food in 2014 Because People Eat Less Meat
http://www.zmescience.com/ecology/animals-ecology/eating-less-animals-30062015/
>>
And 2bh, eating flesh if there are other sources of food feels unnatural.
>>
>>57883612
Meat factories are anything but natural, at least in the US.
>>
>>57883253
No
I'm not a faggot

You know eating meat was a huge contributor to the advancement of civilization?
>>
no.

people who dont eat meat are faggots. we have front teeth and molars so we can eat meat and vegetation etc.

anybody who's a vegetatrian is a liberal left wing cuck faggot who should be banned from posting on 4chans

oh and the only reason theres almost no men vegetarions is because women are retarded and left here in the faggot USA
>>
>>57884231
Sorry
Eating cooked* meat
>>
>>57884209
That's why I go and murder countless deers every year :3
>>
>>57883253
Yes I'm gay.
>>
File: 2852662944_29e5398a30.jpg (84 KB, 452x500) Image search: [Google]
2852662944_29e5398a30.jpg
84 KB, 452x500
I have a disposable income so no I'm not a vegetarian :3
>>
>>57884278
I'm sorry that you are a poor uneducated bastard.
>>
>>57884615
You have to go back
>>
>>57883512
4th wave marketing by certain industries made various products and habits tied to masculinity in America (or at least an Americanized take on masculinity)

Products became womanly or manly in the 20th century due to how they are demographically marketed

Example: Ads use deep voiced males to give a psychosexual response in the triggered macho demographics to raise sales among them, and unhealthy foods have been disproportionately marketed at men
>>
>>57883253
no because i enjoy pussy
>>
I'm not, I need some jamon in my life.
>>
>>57884758
You sound like a faggot desu

There's nothing more manly than eating meat
This hasn't changed since greco-roman times

The ads didn't create the culture they just marketed to it
>>
Nah
When I think about it, I only eat animal products+some veggies. It's just too good to loose weight.

Oh, and all vegan males look like pussies. Must be lack of T.
>>
File: notgay.jpg (100 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
notgay.jpg
100 KB, 500x375
>>57884933
>There's nothing more manly than eating meat
>>
>>57884941
In the US, mainstream meat contains estrogen and preservatives that kill T-levels
>>
>>57884615
>>JOSE

FUCKING ''JOSE'''

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''JOSE'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
I've been eating more fruits and vegetables and less red meat lately. So far I've noticed I'm full of more energy at work and I haven't had indigestion or heartburn in a while.

That being said, vegetarianism is good, veganism is fucking retarded.
>>
>>57886267
Makes sense:
>Here's a new reason to munch on an apple a day: Apples are a leading source of quercetin, an antioxidant plant chemical that keeps your mental juices flowing by protecting your brain cells.
>According to researchers at Cornell University, quercetin defends your brain cells from free radical attacks which can damage the outer lining of delicate neurons and eventually lead to cognitive decline.
>To get the most quercetin bang for your buck, be sure to eat your apples with their skins on since that's where you'll find most of their quercetin.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/09/08/cookinglight.food.boost.mind/
>>
>>57883253
Why are there so many vegetarians and vegans lately?
Is there like some push to get everyone eating not meat or something?
I could totally see it since most governments are trying to push us in the direction that is living in eco cities one on top of each other eating vegees and bugs
>>
>>57886267
Red meat is hard to digest
Any fuckwit can tell you that
Vegetables and fruits are good

Vegetarians are still retards
>>
>>57886870
Global warming is one reason:
>>57883551
>>
>>57887149
That's a stupid reason though

If you're really concerned about global warming stop consuming most media for one
Or getting new technology

People won't do that though
Vegetarians is feel-good bullshit which is why you see so much overlap with it and sjws
>>
>>57887435
>Science is stupid, I am right!!
Grow up: https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=animal+agriculture+greenhouse+gas
>>
>>57886870
Society's evolving. Very slowly though.
We're realizing that chicken and pigs are today what the proletarians used to be 150 years ago. Factory farming is just not acceptable by any standards. We need to get back to a natural way of treating animals, which doesn't necessarily mean that we're not allowed to eat them in the first place.
>>
>>57888030
That's not my argument
You know how much pollution movies create?

Pretty much everything you do pollutes
Youre only purging this because it makes you feel good
Again which is why there is so much overlap with sjws

>>57888543
I didn't know the Swiss had a sense of humor
>>
>>57884488
Fucking Maddox..
>>
>>57888875
>Pretty much everything I do pollutes
>Therefore I will keep doing everything I do to keep destroying the environment

noice
>>
File: vegetarian-restaurants.jpg (179 KB, 650x607) Image search: [Google]
vegetarian-restaurants.jpg
179 KB, 650x607
>>57888875
>Switzerland
>humor
>>
>>57889291
You want to not pollute? Go find a hippie commune

No one wants to do that though
It's all just useless posturing for good boy points

If you're really concerned about that shit push for space programs and nuclear power and research
At least with that when the earth eventually becomes too harsh we can just go somewhere else
>>
Vegan.

I don't want animals get treated like shit (literally). Tryed out to live vegan for a while and it worked out pretty good. 5 years
>>
>>57889578
Well I live in Seattle, which is pretty much a hippie commune for rich people.

>>57889758
Do you need dietary supplements?
>>
animals are not people yo
>>
Top 10 veggie countries:
> India 40.0%
> Sweden 10.0%
> Austria 9.0%
> Israel 8.0%
> Brazil 7.6%
> Taiwan 7.5%
> Italy 7.1%
> Germany 6.0%
> Switzerland 5.0%
> Japan 4.7%

>inb4 Sweden YES
>>
>>57889992
Seattle is not hippie like at all
A hippie commune lives out in the woods like a militia group only they don't like guns as much

Unless you're willing to advocate that kind of life you're argument boils down to "it makes me feel good"

The only genuine argument that I've heard is "animals are people and/or holy" which I think is retarded but whatever
>>
no im not mentally ill
>>
>>57889164
I live by that quote desu
>>
File: texas.jpg (205 KB, 1256x942) Image search: [Google]
texas.jpg
205 KB, 1256x942
>>57890384
May I ask why do you think it's retarded? Cows/porks/chickens, like humans, have brains and feel pain.

I don't want to post gore pics in this thread, but if you are interested, this is how animals are usually treated:
https://www.google.com/search?q=cows+animal+factory&source=lnms&tbm=isch

It's a fucking brutal nightmare. We shouldn't be doing this, it's terribly wrong.
>>
>>57883253
Yes

Used to eat meat but stopped after my break up. Haven't had meat in 4 years
>>
>>57891305
Because they aren't predators
They deserve no dignity
I don't care about their "pain" in the same way the cat doesn't give a shit about the mouses fear

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it
>>
File: 1446337877553.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1446337877553.png
444 KB, 800x600
>mfw a fucking stone age degenerate consumes animal flesh near me
>>
>>57886870
Global export of media means vegetarians and vegans get greater expose.
And because the new media is what it is, it also means less shit recipes get shared.
And because we now live in a post soviet world, a lot of things like fresh vegetables and global farming reduces many of the problems with imports that would exist during Soviets time.

>>57888543
Go fuck yourself.
Society won't even touch industrial mono agriculture with a stick until parts of it crashes and burns.
>>
>>57883253
I'm trying to, but I don't intend to cut dairy products or fish entirely.
>>57890248
Way to go Brazil, way to go. Kudos to india and Sweden and Austria.
>>
>>57892806
Btw, in the future, our descendants will look back at our meat diet with disgust.
>>
File: kill_me_already.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
kill_me_already.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>57883253
No
I don't pretend to be something I'm not
>>
No, I see no reason to not eat me.
Evolutionary we're omnivores, meaning we eat both.
Besides it tastes fucking good and too many soy products will lower your sperm count.

>m-muh global warming
Termites are the leading contributors of methane, not cows as uneducated people would like to believe
>>
>>57892981
I believe that if you were actually hunting animals to survive then it wouldn't be "wrong". But the meat we eat comes from intensive animal farming: we grow millions of animals, torture them during their entire life, and finally kill em just for pleasure.

Why people don't want to see this industrial complexes? why people don't want to learn where the food they are eating came from? because most people know this is bad.

Do you wanna live like a hunter-gatherer? fine! just kill what you eat!
>>
>>57894090
So you're okay with me torturing my food as long as I hunt it down?
Okay
>>
>>57894090
>torture them
Maybe in the US you do, but not here
>>
>>57894187
If your brain is so small than it can't process empathy then you are free to do anything, but I don't think this is the case since you at least know how to use a computer.
>>
>>57894339
I don't have empathy for most prey animals no
If we were hunting cows go extinction maybe I'd feel bad but we arent
>>
File: 1447867709011.gif (2 MB, 211x173) Image search: [Google]
1447867709011.gif
2 MB, 211x173
>>57894090
There nothing wrong with it that's why

In your mind you've created this thought that cows and pigs and chickens are these horribly tortured animals and that we should care about them just cause

Why should I care about a factory raised animal?
Like other than disease standards I don't see a reason why

Nature is fucked up
Holding ourselves to a higher standard is childish desu

Why do I have to kill what I eat? Should I have to grow what I eat too? Should I have to make my own irrigation systems?
>>
>>57894432
Why not? they experience pain, the same kind of pain you can experience. We are all together in this fucking universe for God's sake.
>>
>>57894339
You can lack empathy and still have functioning brain, what are you on about
>>
>>57894633
What stops you torture and killing people that bothers you? the law?
>>
>>57894684
No we arent
We're all alone lad

You've have this false equivalency going that I find really stupid
Human pain is different than animal pain
Humans = animals

Besides that
Why should I care about another animal's pain? I can barely be asked to care about the pain of an African child
Why would I care about some cows
>>
I kinda respect those that do it because of resource concerns, but laugh at those who do it feels-based
>>
>>57894941
Do you at least care about your own pain/suffering?
>>
Not, but wouldn't mind being, desu.
>>
>>57894941
Actually the pain receptors in the brain aren't that different if we compare humans and other animals.

Not that it matters, since the animals aren't really in pain
>>
>>57894910
Finally I was hoping you'd get to that

It's simple
What stops me is that humans are members of my species and I don't have any reason to

Besides that I don't torture and kill animals
I get other people to do that
>>
>>57895143
It doesn't matter if the receptors are similar
Do animals develop fetishes based on their pain? No? Then
I guess human pain is unique

>>57895116
Of course I care about my own pain/suffering
And my families and my friends
And to a certain extent my countrymen and to even further extent westerners in general but outside of that I have trouble mustering up care

Who the fuck do you think I am because I don't care about a cow or a random African suffering?
>>
>>57895332
Lolwat. The pain most mammals experience are similar. Are you stupid or just pretending?
>>
>>57895332
2bh I just though for a moment that maybe you were so depressed that you didn't give a fuck about anything.

>Who the fuck do you think I am because I don't care about a cow or a random African suffering?
I don't know, I'm just trying to understand why we see the world in a different way, don't need to get angry m8
>>
>>57895492
The interpretation and internalization of pain is different is what I'm arguing
>>
>>57895538
Not angry lad just kind of surprised that you would jump to such an assumption so quickly

I'll be honest with you
If I see a random animal suffering on the street I put it out of its misery
I just can't be asked to care about animals (prey animals especially) that are mearly walking food that's been bred only to be walking food
I see them as a simple means to an end (my stomach being the end)
>>
>>57895538
You didn't really think everyone had the same worldview, did you? I suppose it's mostly the environment that you're in, that shapes you the way you are. I mean, I don't have a whole lot of empathy for anything other than family, friends, pets and cute animals. I don't really know why, I just don't care
>>
>>57895834
Personally I think the only wild animals that deserve respect are apex predators
>>
File: 1362037549213.jpg (45 KB, 390x435) Image search: [Google]
1362037549213.jpg
45 KB, 390x435
>>57883553
how eating fast food all the time is being vegetarian?
>>
If a man goes too long without eating meat, he becomes a homosexual.
>>
>>57895732
>I put it out of its misery
So you do care about them after all... at least a bit.

Anyways, sorry if I'm being dense, it's just that last weekend I saw a bunch of cows going to the slaughterhouse and there was one looking directly to my eyes, it made me pretty sad tbqh
>>
>>57883253
It's 2016, people.

You should have upgraded to vegan by now.
>>
Yes, I am

Because it's much less damaging for the environment and also this>>57883306
>>
>>57895834
Of course not, I just wanted to understand anon's point of view, nothing else.
>>
>>57884231
Yes, it was. With emphasis on "was"
I'm not a veggie tho
>>
File: in-vitro-meat.jpg (261 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
in-vitro-meat.jpg
261 KB, 2000x1333
Friendly reminder that in the near future pic related will be the only type of meat you will eat.
>>
not vegitarian.
but i dont like illegal animal hunt and vegitarian own rules push to other people guys.
>>
>>57896531
What are you taking about?
>>
Used to be vegetarian. I eat meat like once a week though. Veganism is retarded though and complete unnecessary. Nothing good or healthy about being vegan. You might as well become a vegetarian at that point.
>>
>>57895898
BECAUSE I NEVER EAT MEAT YOU AUTISTIC FROG
>>
File: 1459875504442.jpg (130 KB, 689x688) Image search: [Google]
1459875504442.jpg
130 KB, 689x688
>>57883306
eggs and butter can be pretty good if you get them from a good source, which is surprisingly easy here

So I see no reason to give those up

Getting well treated meat is a bit harder and a lot more expensive though
>>
>>57896337
>implying
I'll grow chickens in my own fucking bedroom if I have to.
>>
Yes I am, however I am NOT vegan. Vegans are freaks that take things way too far, I just don't eat the flesh of animals and do my best to avoid stuff made from it. Why you may ask? I was conceived and raised by 2 vegetarians that are my parents. I never really stopped being vegetarian because my body can't handle meat. How do I know this? If I had anything with little shreds of chicken or some horseshit in it, I have a slight stomach ache or a cramp. If food makes me feel that way I inspect it to see if what I've eaten had anything with little pieces of meat in it. Most of the time it's not the case, but once or twice it was. Because of the parents I was born to, I've had some pretty kick as examples of Indian and Middle Eastern food
>>
>>57883253
Turned Vegetarian because of my wife when moved to US of Ayy and because meat here doesn't meat European standards.
It's not that complex or hard to omit meat and replace it with something healthy and tasty
>>
>>57898824
Where are you from originally? does Europe have laws against farm animals cruelty?
>>
>>57883253
Yes I am. Because I dont like the taste of fish, chicken, beef etc and never have. Been a vegetarian since I was a toddler, from my own choice, dont know any other vegetarians.
>>
>>57899427
Ukraine
it's not about animal cruelty
I don't give a fuck about it
but about synthetic hormones
>>
>>57883253
No, but I have a lot of friends and family members who are. Have had a lot of attempts to convert me.

Not even trying to be edgy, but I just don't see anything wrong with letting animals suffer through the meat industry for our pleasure. Their feelings are not worth enough for me to give up meat.
>>
>>57897851
that's being a vegan tho broski. you can still eat those and be vegetarian
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.