[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is reasonable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: BrE-Vs-Ame-Building-Floors.jpg (32 KB, 604x501) Image search: [Google]
BrE-Vs-Ame-Building-Floors.jpg
32 KB, 604x501
Which is reasonable?
>>
<------
>>
>>57880960
We use British system
>>
>>57880960
honestly I prefer the american notation
>>
This always confused me, why cant Brits do Ground > Second?
>>
both make sense desu
>>
The British system
>>
prefer american system tbqh
>>
>>57881102
>>57881301
Fuck off, yanks
>>
American way makes more sense.
>>
>>57880960
None, it should be:
> <-- Third floor
> <-- Second floor
> <-- First floor
> <-- Zero floor
>>
freedom system desu
>>
usually the american way is stupid, but here it is better
>>
Ground floor
>>
>>57880960
We use the british one for some reason. I have always thought it is retarded af.

The American is better for once.
>>
>>57880960
>ground floor isn't the first floor
>it is somehow the zeroth floor
>zero
>it doesn't exist
>>
>>57880960
to me the british one makes more sense
>>
Here we use the British way.
Males more sense tbqh
>>
>>57880960
We use Britbong one, but the American is more logical
>>
>>57881803
British version t b h. I think that's what's mostly used here too, but some people disagree.

Swedish addresses are usually labelled by how many stairs up from the ground floor you live, to avoid confusion.
>>
We use the brittish one, but this time american one is better (the only one of these differences where americans are not the retarded ones)
>>
>>57880960
American system makes way more sense
I will admit however that we also use the british system
>>
>>57881777
You could argue that the different floor numbers are "amount of floors above the ground".
Hence, "First floor above the ground floor".
>>
>>57880960
British.
>>
>>57881951
meant to quote op
>>
>>57880960
Both seem perfectly reasonable.
>>
>>57880960
the american one makes more sense desu
the floor is still a floor, even if it's placed on the ground level
>>
The American system works better with stories. Having the top floor of a 12 story building being the 11th floor is silly.
>>
File: image.png (3 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 KB, 223x226
>have several floors underground
>several floors above that on ground is first floor
Ground makes sense. It's like the point of origin on the number line.
>>
voting to remain because to spite you all
>>
>>57880960
left
>>
British
>>
Personally I like british better

But american is also perfectly fine
>>
We use the same terms as the British.
>>
British makes the most sense. Let's say you are on the 4th floor and you want to go to the 5th basement floor. With the British system, you just do your current floor minus the destination floor to see how many floors you need to go down (4 - -5 = 9). This is ruined by the American system.

Then there's the situation where a building might be accessible from the outside from two floors, so there is an upper-ground floor and lower-ground floor. Since the British system treats ground as a completely separate floor to the first floor, it doesn't affect the numbering system too much. With the American system, you don't know whether the upper-ground floor or the lower-ground floor is the first floor.
>>
We even sometimes count 2 extra floors between ground and first floor.
>>
>>57880960
What? What the fuck? Ow my head... the british system is so fucking stupid. You count 1-2-3-4 not x-1-2-3
>>
When you enter the building, you have climbed 0 floors. So it is the zeroth floor. When you climb to the floor above that, you have climbed to the first floor. After climbing another floor, you are at the second floor.

The British system is for rational thinkers.
>>
>>57887356
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>57881882

Favelas aren't multi-storied.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 838x559) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 838x559
>>57880960
British. Having a -1 floor and no 0 floor sounds plain retarded.
>>
File: Untitledyvujh.png (214 KB, 604x501) Image search: [Google]
Untitledyvujh.png
214 KB, 604x501
There. Settled.
>>
>>57880960
American system makes more sense.
>>
>>57888002
Shut it, you fucking limey cunt.
>>
>>57888718
Cucked by the Brits yet again. Embarrassing
>>
this is the only time i prefer american version and honestl it's probably a russian invention imo
>>
>>57881102
>>57881301
>>57881380
FUCK OFF
>>
>>57888718
Good lad
>>
>>57889134
No you, limey inbred fuck.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.