[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
London General - /lon/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: cityskyline.jpg (231 KB, 962x640) Image search: [Google]
cityskyline.jpg
231 KB, 962x640
This thread is for London based discussion, if you're an irrelevant provincial cuckold then please post in /brit/

WELCOME

>Londoners
>Home Counties
>Brighton
>New Yorkers

NOT WELCOME

>Butthurt Jocks, sheepshaggers and poortherners
>/pol/ shitposters
>>
>>57862938
nah
>>
Smelly shithole

Too bad Napoleon didn't burn it
>>
>>57862938
Why can't I visit Tower Hamlets Cemetery? Why?! I already visited 5 of the magnificent seven cemeteries.
>>
>>57862938
hi sorry for bad english i'm from east london :)
>>
>>57862963
>smelly shithole
that's because there are 200000 frogs living there
>>
>>57862984

I'm pretty sure it's open to the public
>>
>>57863034
They aren't french since a while tbf
>>
>>57862963
still better than paris mate
>>
>>57862938

Are JFs living in London permitted? Richmond master race reporting in. Best part of London bar none.
>>
It smells like a public toilet how do you not notice. My gf is from there so been quite a bit always fun always rowdy.
>>
>>57862938
>Midlands forgotten again
FUCKING SOUTHERN PONCES REEEEEE
>>
>>57863186

Where're you from lad?

>>57863213

>it smells like a public toilet

Not really m8, does smell a bit foggy though
>>
>>57863213
it's not that bad m8, i lived in new york and it smelt much worse there.

>>57863278
ireland
>>
>>57863278

>foggy

Meant smoggy baka

>>57863340

Irish are only half foreign tbqh
>>
>>57862938
correct it to NY city people
also
feels good to be in a general
>>
>>57863419

I thought New Yorkers generally referred to people in the city, like would someone in fucking Buffalo call themselves a New Yorker?
>>
File: IMG_20160409_144916.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160409_144916.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
Alri lads
>>
>general for FUCKING CITIES exist now
haha fuck this shit board im moving to /his/
>>
>>57863496
I've heard fucking Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
>>
How much more expensive is living within even greater london, in one of the boroughs?

Basic stuff like food and water and housing that is better than just "one bedroom room that has a toilet and a shower in it". I think you call those studio apartments.
>>
>>57863146
What a fucking thing
>>
>>57864066
how much more expensive than what? i live a 25 minute train from Waterloo in greater london and my rent is £425 p/m all inclusive. when i lived in the city i paid £650 all inclusive.

very few people live alone in london, it's just too expensive unless you're on 40k+
>>
>>57864207
Let's see... the only comparison I got is my friend's local apartment. He pays about 500 euros rent (that's about 400 GBP) for.. a large-ish sitting room, a small kitchen, washing room, bathroom, 2 small bedrooms and 1 larger master bedroom plus a corridor that has them all attached. which is wide enough for 3-4 people standing abreast. Can easily host 4-5 people indefinitely. I wish I had measured sizes for you.

How big is the place for 425gbp p/m? I suppose with one roommate you trust it's fairly reasonable at 212 or so p/m each, though of course the farther you go from greater london the less you might need to pay but the more ludicrous the train tickets to go inside london would be yes? which would be the wiser choice?
>>
>>57862938

t. rasheed
>>
>>57864363

I pay £570 a month with four roommates, a tiny kitchen and no sitting room, bills not included. For £212 a month you could probably rent a cardboard box in zone 6.
>>
>>57864363

it's a standard sized house with 4 rooms, all with double beds. the total rent is £1575 per month split across 4 rooms (some more expensive than others if the room is bigger).

a lot of spanish/italian/portugeezers live with their friends in the same room and generally pay about £250-£300 per month although that's a single bed and you have to live with another person in the room.

you're right about trains, and they are very fucking expensive compared to new york. it's why i moved to greater london, and my job is closer too.

i would say where you work has the biggest impact, if you work in the city centre you need to live close whereas if you work in greater london you should live close to your place of work to keep rent and transport costs down.

i used to pay 650 p/m (rent) and £180 p/m (travel) to live in the city. now i just pay £425 and cycle 1 mile to work, saving ~£350 a month altogether.
>>
>>57864501

And you'll pay even less money in rent when you're inevitably knocked over and killed by a lorry within the next few years.
>>
>>57864563

i got knocked off my bike by a bus driver last week, and he drove off :(
>>
>>57864469
Where do you live though?

Oh shit, I had a brainfart sorry I thought he meant 425 p/m solo and of course, getting a roommate splits it halfway. That's 425 WITH roommates? I honestly don't even know why its so expensive to live in such places.

Everytime I go abroad, you all have so much land, anywhere I go. Apartment buildings with some huge lawn, even tiny hovels with the same floorspace in gardening areas and skyhigh prices. Yet here, in the land of overpopulation and literally have no more places to live unless you got gills.. we have this kinda floorspace with prices that would make anyone green with envy.

So I am assuming you upwards of 700 GBP per month to live in a tiny space with 4 other people, Kowloon-style? Where in London do you live?
>>
>>57863044
But according to /int/ a horde of sharias will stab me for being a kufr.
>>
>>57862984

>Tower Hamlets

i lived there, why in God's name would you want to visit there? It's full of muzzies and 20 year old spanish students.
>>
>>57862938
London is shit now, it's no longer British, seeing white people is like a game of where's wally.

The North is better, enjoy your upcoming rape culture southfags
>>
>>57864501
Shit, I dunno if my "job" would allow that. It's performance, so you'd need to be open for auditions which usually means "Get to this place tomorrow" at the drop of a hat. That can mean anywhere from having none in a month to having 4 in a week. Though I suppose it would be preferably to maybe live somewhere smaller outside london entirely then, and grab a cheap hostel if I needed to be in the city for a few days.
>>
>>57864602

I live in Elephant & Castle, the shittiest and cheapest place in Zone 1. I basically live in a ghetto as well but it's still massively expensive. Moving to Lewisham later this year which should be cheaper albeit way out of the way, I expect the neighbourhood I'm in at the moment will be completely unaffordable to the lower classes in the next few years mind, loads of modern developments are going up.
>>
>>57864681
Because my goal is to visit these places.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnificent_Seven_cemeteries

>be me
>visit brompton cemetery
>walk out of the tube
>woha! what the fuck is the cheslea stadium doing here?
>check the map
>it's right there but somehow i missed it
>>
>>57864732

possibly. only thing i would guess that with performance the vast majority of your auditions would be in london city, no?
>>
Love Russian immigrants in London. They're so funny with this accent.
Ai em ze bed neighborrghud.
>>
>>57864758

>Elephant & Castle

top kek, getting off the tube there is grim. that shopping centre with the poundland is just awful.

at least you've got the IWM which is based as fuck. also, there's a bloody feminist musuem of some sort there too.
>>
>>57864797
I would assume so. It's the reason I am only looking for areas around London. It's the capital of the country with lots of commerce and people that make things happen and the easiest for me to reach (language barriers non-existent, borders made easy thanks to shengen/commonwealth/eu, and so on). It's where everything relevant is, basically.

>>57864758
Christ. But then again you get paid pretty well don't you? Our minimum wage here is 4.20 Euros an hour (3.35 GBP)
>>
Modern buildings make London so ugly.
Discuss.
>>
>>57864834

I got used to it after a while but I was coming back from the tescos in there at like 10 a few nights back and there were two guys just openly doing smack in that lower bit outside the shopping centre. Also often encounter cunts trying to start shit when I'm coming home from work, but I haven't been assaulted or mugged yet so I'm doing ok.
>>
>>57864886

>But then again you get paid pretty well don't you?

Kek, I'm a student, I get muh loans and work in a shop for slighlty above minimum wage.
>>
Who here /Pimlico/
>>
>>57864951
ur face makes u so ugly

discuss
>>
>>57864992
Ouch, fuck. But even then, at 18-20 the national mminimum is 5.30 GBP I think? so that's around 6 euros an hour for us, pretty damn decent.

My IT friend who works as an admin in an insurance firm (biggest here actually) earns about 7-something an hour. That around 5-6 GBP. Your national living wage after 24 is even higher.
>>
>>57865345
fuck off billionaire
>>
>>57865391

I earn around 9.70 EUR an hour
>>
>>57865443
With that wage, you could live pretty fucking great here depending on your lifestyle. If you're the kind who is fine living in a tiny space but you go out all the time, very doable. but with that wage you could lower some standards for a while to save and then boom, you own property in a flash.
>>
>>57865580

But so much of that gets sucked into the cost of living, wages are higher and so are prices.
>>
>>57865647
That is very true, unfortunately. Does it balance out though? Do you still have to live very conservatively?

What a lot of people do here is go abroad to places like England, Denmark or Germany, work their asses off for a few months while living as cheaply as they can muster and then come back here and live like kings for the other half of the year. i suppose if you did this for a longer timeperiod, you could afford to buy property here to rent out and have an income by doing effectively nothing.
>>
>tfw stuck in london
>tfw every time I get on the tube to go to class I worry for my life
>if I tell people they laugh it off as paranoia
>there is a vote for london mayor soon, and "Sadiq Khan" is running for labour

Fuck this city
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.