[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That'll be $19.99 plus tip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 1346405144463.jpg (105 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
1346405144463.jpg
105 KB, 425x282
That'll be $19.99 plus tip
>>
File: 1460331431911.jpg (43 KB, 348x298) Image search: [Google]
1460331431911.jpg
43 KB, 348x298
>>57849088
What the fuck, 20 dollars for a freaking pizza? And a tip on top of that? wew lad
>>
Do people request tip in America? Like actively say they want to be tipped?
>>
>>57849910
they spit in your food if you don't tip :^)
>>
>>57849910
Delivery usually not. If you pick up somewhere and pay with card your receipt will have a tip line below the total. They take it from you as soon as you finish signing so they'll give you a death glare if you don't tip
>>
>>57849947
>they spit in your food if you don't tip :^)
>tfw I tip just to avoid this
I always think, what if my local pizza maker remembers who I am? I'd better give some tip.
>>
>not helping out your fellow working class countrymen

Why are non-Americans so selfish?
>>
>>57849243
It's more like 10 for a medium pizza

>>57849910
It's considered rude to ask for a tip, but it's expected that you give one

>>57849947
>they spit in the food you've already taken from them
>>
>>57849980
Wait, you're SUPPOSED to tip if you're picking up? what the fuck? I DRIVE all the way to pick it up, and they make the food. I never tipped at pickup... who knew?
>>
>>57850131
You're not supposed to tip at pickup, you're supposed to tip delivery drivers
>>
>>57850131
Neither do I tbf.
I mean why would you? You even came to pick up the damn thing by yourself.
>>
>>57849910
I tip if they drive all the way to my house

I don't tip if I'm eating in or picking up though
>>
>>57849088
Take this shit to /b/ this isn't /int/ related fuck off.
>>
File: canadameanwhile.jpg (143 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
canadameanwhile.jpg
143 KB, 960x640
Here's $25. Keep the change, man and have a good night.
>>
>>57849910
you don't tip?
>>
>>57850186
no u
>>
>>57849088
>asking for the tip
I'll take "How to get fired" for 100 Alex.

I worked for Papa John's for about a year doing delivery, and yes, the drivers really do need that tip.
PJ's pays minimum wage when you're in the store, but as soon as you clock out a run you get a waiter's wage, which is half that, plus one dollar for each delivery. You use your own car and pay for your own gas.

As a result, if you go out on a run to the edge of the store's delivery area (or on the other side of a highway or long traffic light), you're looking at a good 40 to 50 minutes of half pay. If you get stiffed, that means you basically worked for around $3.50/hr during that time, accounting for gas/wear on the car.
Also corporate decided you need a manager's override to take more than one delivery at a time, even if they're next door. That shit's why I quit.

[spoiler]On the flip side, when I worked at a grocery store in high school I had to repeatedly and forcefully refuse tips almost every time I carried bags to someone's car. They actually were offended more often than not. Sadly, if I'd taken them I'd have been kicked out of the union (because tipped workers are represented by a different one, and they lose their shit if somebody who isn't paying them dues receives "their" benifits), and since I don't live in a Right To Work state, if I get kicked out of the Union the store is forced to fire me. Glad I didn't stick around there either.
>>
>>57850186
This
>>
im a delivery driver and i dont want your fucken tips the owner thinks im stealing money
>>
>>57850186
It begs the question of tipping in one's respective cunt, I think it's very /int/ related
>>
>>57850209
No they get living wage here + extra welfare. Unless it uptown and I want to be fancy/showoff.
>>
>>57850131
>driving

I am sorry
>>
>>57849243
>brazil doesnt have 2 pizza deals
>>
>>57849088
I always tip the minimum I can. 8% and no higher than 40 shekels (about 10 dollars). I think it's stupid to let a waitress make more than a teacher makes in an hour.
>>
>tip

AHAHAHHAHHAHAHSDAHSDHAHDHAHSHJAHAHHAHAHHAHA O H MAN LIEKE OWOWOWOWOE CNANJJNOTN MAKREK HTHJIOSA SHIET UPA LIKE OH EM EFFPH GEE HOLLY FUXKJMC LRIKE YOU BUY FOOD THESDN U PAY FOLR MORFE BECAUSEDZX EMPLOYREDS ARE SHITSZ LIK<E REALY ??! FUVKIN HELL
>>
File: 1446333636898.jpg (59 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446333636898.jpg
59 KB, 500x375
>>57849088
>be american
>get pulled over by cop
>pay ticket
>tip cop
>>
>>57849088

Fuck off, white trash
>>
>>57850003
They spit in the food the next time you order from them
>>
I don't tip
>>
I wish the tipping system would just fuck off. Now it's just a formality you pretty much have to do.
>>
>tfw you live in a shitty country where you literally have to tip the guy bringing the pizza to your house that he gets paid to do
I CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>57849088
for $20 you can get 15 pizzas here.
>>
>>57859724
One of the reasons why south afrika is pretty cool
>>57849088
If the delivery driver is fast and friendly and I got the spare cash, I'll tip. But if he takes forever and is a cunt, he can count the fucking cents that dumb cunt
>>
Is it true that in Australia they'll be offended if you try to tip them, because they already get paid a fair wage? Something I heard from an Aussie once, just wondering if it's accurate.
>>
I'm a delivery driver, AMA
>>
>>57849088
here's a tip: fuck off. i'm not going to waste my precious shekels on you
>>
>>57849995
it's kinda pointless here since we have that "minimum wage" thing
>>
>>57859521
Do you guys have restaurants with no-tipping policy over there?Are they common?
>>
>>57862270
If we forget your tip, will you die?
>>
>>57862300
no, but I will shitpost in return.
>>
>>57857352
nah we don't. the only time you piss off delivery drivers is when you order just before closing time causing me to work overtime for no pay.
and if you don't tip then, you're just rubbing salt into the wound.

because my boss is a dick for not closing earlier doesn't mean you have to be one.
In a case like that, I do make sure you get the taste of my balls on your food next time you order.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.