[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nanny State
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
I just got fined $150 for riding my bike without a helmet, this is the final straw. I've lost count of how much money I've had to forfeit for stupid meaningless "crimes" like this that the government has monetised, I'm fucking done with it. I want to feel the wind in my hair when I jump on my bike and not have to worry about the porkchop patrol siphoning through my wallet.

I'm losing hope for Australia. So many of us are so apathetic that we allow governments to take away our freedoms (Lockout laws in Sydney, bike helmet fines in most states, cyclists are required to provide photo ID to police if pulled over in NSW, the list goes on and on).

Where should I move to to escape this creeping authoritarianism? I can't help but feel that the rest of the Western World is more or less the same, or at least with problems far worse than this. I was thinking somewhere like Uruguay/Argentina/Chile.
>>
>ausfailia
>>
>>57821177
150? Aren't you rich? Don't be a faggot, that's like 5€ in Spain.
>>
>>57821240
No I'm not rich, I live paycheck to paycheck because the rent/cost of life is so fucking expensive in my city.
>>
File: bond thinks you're ridiculous.png (295 KB, 497x458) Image search: [Google]
bond thinks you're ridiculous.png
295 KB, 497x458
>I've lost count of how much money I've had to forfeit for stupid meaningless "crimes"
>Being caught for minor shit this many times
>>
>>57821177
How do you do that? I rode without a helmet countless times in Melbourne and no one gave two shits about it.
>>
>>57821329
All jokes aside though OP I feel your pain. I was within a poofteenth of being fined over $1100 for missing a day of jury duty.
>>
File: cat2.jpg (140 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
cat2.jpg
140 KB, 480x480
I just had my license suspended for having a blood alcohol reading of greater than 0.22

Court date sometime in 4-6 weeks
Minimum 12 months with no driving plus fines

I'm a loser for getting behind the wheel when drunk but it was my own stupid fault so now I have to catch the bus and train to work
>>
>>57822424
Look on the bright side: At least the bus is good sport sometimes.
>>
>>57822424
>How old are you?
>You'll be fine.
>>
>>57822424
iktfb. it flies by though don't worry.

it's the insurance when you get back on the road that's the killer.
>>
>>57821177
fucking anglo fascists.

Why didnt you run from the cops?

getting away from them on bike is so easy, I've done it like 2x now.

Don t make their job easy, make them break a sweat for that pay.
>>
>>57823408
You would literally get shot for that here.
>>
>>57823084
Old enough to know better. I'm in my early 30s and haven't even had a speeding fine in the last 6-7 years, then this happened.

>>57823265
Yep, I'm not looking forward to the increased premiums. Hope the time does fly by..
>>
>>57823554
I wish they would shot like that here too
>>
File: zerofuks.jpg (235 KB, 675x774) Image search: [Google]
zerofuks.jpg
235 KB, 675x774
>>57823554

Only in that trigger happy jackboot fascist shithole of yours
>>
>>57823657
>pooland
>>
File: 20131122_081019.jpg (2 MB, 2322x4128) Image search: [Google]
20131122_081019.jpg
2 MB, 2322x4128
OP I feel the same way about Australia. It's a total fucking joke sometimes. There's a sign at my uni reading 'no skateboards or rollerblades, maximum penalty $500'. My first reaction when I saw it was WHY? What could possibly go wrong? Who are you actually hurting when skateboarding or rollerblading? Why is this a $500 offence?

I've been fortunate enough to escape to Tanzania for a couple of months each year for the past two years. When I'm back there I bribe police on a daily basis, drink drive when I can't walk, carry a gun because I can and go at whatever speed I like. It's. Fucking. Great. Pic is from outside one of the places I stay.

Strongly recommend you spend some time away in the third world. The sense of freedom you get being a relatively rich white man has no comparison. Go to Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam (because geographically close) and soak that shit up.
>>
>>57823642
a couple of incidents like that and you'll hear of cop bodies being found early mornings.
>>
>>57821177
No, if you get hurt from not wearing your helmet, tax payer money is responsible for paying for your injuries. Wear a helmet or fuck off.
>>
>>57823584
""increased"" is one way of putting it. mine literally quadrupled for the first year back on the road. has normalised now but would still be significantly less if I hadn't been so stupid.

anyway, the real question is, how long after you get your license back before you drink drive again :DD (yes, we all say we'd never do such a thing at the time lol.)
>>
Can I get a quick grammar check up?
I keep seeing this line used online, is it correct?
>[Because you keep spending your time on the net, that's why.]
Spend or spending?
>>
>>57823801
because you spent all your time on the net, that's why or the way you've written it. I think the way you've written it is more correct though.
>>
>>57823729
>who are you hurting when rollerblading?
Your parents.
>>
>>57823749
Blah blah blah
There are shittones of non lethal pistols miniguns.
Like tazers etc.
Gubenrment can start a start up and companies will invent non lethal weapons. Also there was a pistol with salt ball bullets it can immove vigilants for 10 mins
>>
I got fined for filtering on my motorbike on my L's (now on P's) and got hit with a $248 fine. Spoke to a lawyer and wanted to take it to court but if i lost, it'd become a Criminal offence due to the finding of guilt (Crimes Act)

tl;dr
Quit bitching, carry your helmet with you, but have it attached to your handlebars. The cop will more than likely let you off with a warning, bs i know but stop bitching cunt
>>
>>57823845
Thanks. :)
>>
>>57823907
blah blah blah

borat stronk

eat my bike tire dust, piggy
>>
>>57823978
By bike you mean bicycle?
Bicycle cant do tireburns.
Scooters are not motorcycles
>>
>>57823780
Hopefully I'll only ever do it once. Planning to start a pham soon tbqh pham so having a license is going to be more important than drinking while driving home from the office
>>
>>57823939
Is it green Ps or blacks before you can filter legally?
>>
>>57824274
Blacks, which is just a load of bs, puts young guys at risk of a rear ender, told the cop that fined me that and he even agreed, told me to just do it when hes not around (motorbike copper)
>>
>>57823939
god damn livign in an anglo shit teir colony is suicidal, no wonder 3/4 of the world hate your guts.
>>
>>57824344
>Pooland
>>
>>57821177
Personally, I think our government should be more strict. People have too much freedom here.
>>
>>57824329
Yeah, it's pretty fuggen arbitrary, but then so is most state and federal law.
>>
>>57824344
At least 3/4 of the world knows who and where we are.
>>
>>57821177
>I just got fined $150 for riding my bike without a helmet

Fucking cool. Try driving a car like a normal person instead of riding a bike like a subhuman scrub.
>>
>>57824628
>muh car

>paying out your ass for insurance.
>traffic jams
>road ragers
>corrupt cops ticketing you out the ass for going 1 km over the "speed limit"
>paying out your ass for gasoline
>paying out your ass to fix your third world manufactured POS lemon vehicle
>Paying out your ass for paying out your ass

Nah , cars today are for stupid faggots that dont know how to save money.
>>
>>57823729
OP here, post some more pics of your travels pls
>>
>>57824899
>Paying out the ass for insurance
Try not owning a 4x4 and paying for it yearly. You'll find it'll save you quite a bit of money.

>traffic jams
What the actual fuck kind of road infastructure does your 3rd world city have where traffic jams are an issue.

>road ragers
Dont be a fuckboi that breaks the law every 30 seconds and you'll find there isn't that many

>corrupt cops ticketing you out the ass for going 1 km over the "speed limit"
Then dont go over the speed limit, literally pressing down on a pedal, not a hard thing to do fuckass.

>paying out your ass for gasoline
Again, drive anything besides a super large car and you wont find yourself refilling the tank every 3 days.

>paying out your ass to fix your third world manufactured POS lemon vehicle
Amazing things happen when you save up and buy a decent car instead of sticking with the 30 year old piece of shit your parents bought you.

>Paying out your ass for paying out your ass
one day you wont be working fast food and chump change for cars wont be a problem

>cars today are for stupid faggots that dont know how to save money
and bikes are for poor faggots who cant get a job more than 10 kilometers away. Good luck telling future employers you cant work there because muh bicycles 4 k's an hour.
>>
>>57826967
Sydney is literally Traffic Jam: the city you fucking retard
>>
>>57827452
>b-b-b-but muh best city in Australia

then move the fuck out of the most populous city in this country if you feel so emotional about traffic jams. that way you might be able to buy a house too.
>>
>>57821177
>needing a helmet when you cycle
>get fined when you aren't wearing one

lmao
>>
File: 1460279555001.jpg (96 KB, 1342x664) Image search: [Google]
1460279555001.jpg
96 KB, 1342x664
They introduced a new way to merge in Perth and it's absolutely shit

nearly got taken out by a truck today
>>
People don't care since they feel secure and under big Govs protection
>>
>>57821177

Wear one of these.
>>
>>57823904
>That horrible feeling they get when they find out you're gay
>>
>>57821177
Is this a meme? That's sad, a bicycle is about freedom not about having more stuff to worry about.
>>
>>57829017
Australia isn't like the Netherlands where we're punished for owning anything with a petrol engine.

The helmet laws in place to protect the health and safety of people who are too stupid to protect themselves.
>>
>>57827769
>being a country hick

>>57826967
>What the actual fuck kind of road infastructure does your 3rd world city have where traffic jams are an issue.

It's something that happens in countries that are not empty.
>>
File: 20131309_paseomotoacu__tica.jpg (148 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
20131309_paseomotoacu__tica.jpg
148 KB, 600x400
>>57821177
>>
>>57829163
>The helmet laws in place to protect the health and safety of people who are too stupid to protect themselves

That's literally the definition of nanny state
>>
Move here. You can ride your bike without a helmet, but when your riding in the street someones likely to put a bullet in you, so they can drive to where they are going to.
>>
>>57821177
You are welcome to return home and correct the mistake of your ancestors, Galekovic
We don't have a nanny, welfare state
>>
>>57823907
>this man hast to wear a helmet so he doesn't hurt himself
>he's not wearing one? better taze the cunt so he fells of his bike

lamoa
>>
>>57823705
>60%
>>
>>57829674
>being a country hick

Just because I dont live in Shitney doesnt mean I live in the country, there are other cities.

>It's something that happens in countries that are not empty.

It also happens in countries where infrastructure is not built to keep up with population. I.E. poor ones
>>
Theres no immediate penalization if you dont pay your car-moto finee here. But you wont be able to sell your car unless you pay
>>
welcome to finland. (if you reply this you have to pay a fine and complete a one week course) :D
>>
>>57823939
What is filtering? Lane splitting? If so that's fucking stupid.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.